Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Earthsiege/Tribes free now

Lucky

Arcane
The old Earthsiege/Tribes titles have been put up for free by Hi-Rez Studios. No registration required and CD-keys included.

http://www.tribesuniverse.com/

Riskbreaker

Quickly men, grab those Earthsieges before those official download links are pulled due to inevitable GOG release.

Dayyālu

Arcane
HiRez is trying hard to atone for Global Agenda and the abandonment of Ascend.

Maybe I'll reinstall Ascend, if the patch went live for EU servers. AND WHERE THE HELL IS CYBERSTORM, CYBERSTORM 2 AND HUNTER HUNTED?

Aerial Assault is Console-only or they bothered to emulate it?

Plus, typos. "Starseige" -.-

potatojohn

Arcane
Nice. Do the Tribes games other than Vengeance have any single player/bots?

Dayyālu

Arcane
Nice. Do the Tribes games other than Vengeance have any single player/bots?

Tribes 2 had the "training/tutorial" campaign, and the console one had a SP campaign if I remember right. Not much, not worth it.

But I guess the optimal thing to do would be to organize a MP match with Codexers, Tribes 2 is still an excellent game, despite some rough edges. Maybe an idea for a MP thread on the subforum...

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
257naq9.jpg

:hmmm:

Edit:
2uzee0w.jpg

:hmmm: :hmmm: :hmmm:

PeachPlumage

Cipher
Nice to see the Earthseige games again. I wanted to play those games years ago but I was late to the party when I was a teenager and my pc couldn't run those older titles. Strange that they havne't released the Metaltech titles - Battledrome and Starseige. I remember playing the Starsiege:Tribes demo compulsively against bots and in mp with my 56k modem.

Tel Velothi

Cipher

I had an error while running setup.exe, but disabling antivirus have helped, so give it a chance.
But what about serial number? They provided one for Tribes 2. Am I supposed to find it myself on some russian site?

Edit:

For fuck's sake - got this error on CD 2

iFYA8bz.png

Last edited:

Boleskine

Arcane
Last edited by a moderator:
just today i was thinking in what state that last tribes game was. i must have felt a great disturbance in the force.
looks like "dead" is the answer.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom