Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Sam Bixby

Educated
Is opportunist + suppressive fire combo super important with shotgun build?

Jezal_k23

Tried to help the game out on reddit since there were some threads promoting the expansion, but it's hard. Some people seem to want the game to offer them a homemade breakfast and make them cookies and chocolate milk. Usual complaints about the game include "it makes me search for places", "the game doesn't let me just randomly pick whatever skills I want for my character", "if I have to ask for help on the internet then fuck this game", "there are too many bad builds" and if you try to give a general idea on how to build a character correctly, because it's not that hard, then no one cares and they already moved on to other games.

Mac_Orion

Stygian Software
Developer
Tried to help the game out on reddit since there were some threads promoting the expansion, but it's hard. Some people seem to want the game to offer them a homemade breakfast and make them cookies and chocolate milk. Usual complaints about the game include "it makes me search for places", "the game doesn't let me just randomly pick whatever skills I want for my character", "if I have to ask for help on the internet then fuck this game", "there are too many bad builds" and if you try to give a general idea on how to build a character correctly, because it's not that hard, then no one cares and they already moved on to other games.

Well it's not for everyone, and thats ok, but people who are our fanbase love it and we are grateful for that!

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Im going for a constitution/perception based build with tactical armor and shotgun. I dont want to go tin can route. I feel like shotgun would be better of with stealth char with high mobility. What are your shotgun builds boys?

Edit: fuck full auto lists strength 7 :( so its worth to go tin can route.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Haven't even played the main game yet but happy to grab this day one on GOG for the reduced price, and to show my support. Will try and get to it soon. Thanks guys! :salute:

Tygrende

Arbiter
Im going for a constitution/perception based build with tactical armor and shotgun. I dont want to go tin can route. I feel like shotgun would be better of with stealth char with high mobility. What are your shotgun builds boys?

Edit: fuck full auto lists strength 7 :( so its worth to go tin can route.
Pump action shotguns without burts are viable, so don't give up. Unless you really want bursts, that is.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Is opportunist + suppressive fire combo super important with shotgun build?

Have no idea yet. I'm choosing now between 3 Psi feats - 2 for TM and Tranquility, and liek that Supressive Fire instead of e.g. Future Orientation.
In general I think it's a must if you don't have Temporal Manipulations psi, and less so if you do have it.

Unless you really want bursts, that is.

Do I? I still haven't found what it can offer me, just found 91 quality frame.

Jinn

Arcane
yes, in the bar.

Hmm, you do mean the cantina right? I can't seem to locate them.

I've talked to the doctor about psionics trainers and to Arlene about Ethan, yet Ethan doesn't seem to be showing up. I've left SGS and come back to no avail.

Last edited:

Ent

Savant
To everyone running melee builds for the expansion, I highly recommend dirty kick. That move has saved my ass countless times.

Tygrende

Arbiter
To everyone running melee builds for the expansion, I highly recommend dirty kick. That move has saved my ass countless times.
Dirty Kick could actually be a pretty decent feat for ranged builds as well, if you're willing to spend another feat on Versality. Should have decent hit chance even at only 60% skill. I'm waiting for someone to test that.

Latro

Arcane
worth making grenades with base stats? (chem 15-40)

I'd like to play a shotgunner relying on nades for tacticool situations, but I could just buy em, couldn't I? and is it worth putting at least 25 or so in throwing so I don't have to save/reload for girly throws?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
D9H86pV.jpg
https://rpgcodex.net/forums/index.p...-incline-awakens.105387/page-253#post-4987284 Get good Daedalos

Jezal_k23

Not real sure about my machete build guys. When it works out it's wonderful (flurrying everyone left and right with a machete) but I feel like I'm spreading myself too thin. Here it is up to level 6.

The problems are I don't really know what armor I'm supposed to wear and what crafting skills to level up in order to build that armor. I feel squishy so far wearing whatever leather armor I can find (but I suppose that is to be expected with my low CON), and I'm not wearing metal because of the penalties. Should I wear metal? I don't know what Psi disciplines can actually help me and how far to level them up, but I'll say that so far Temporal Manipulation has not been very useful. Psychokinesis on the other hand at least gives me stuns that work out real well with the Opportunist feat.

Traps, especially bear traps, work really well too since I attract enemies to me and they get on the trap. But other than this I don't feel like I'm effective. I feel like I need stealth, because I wanted to do the Abram missions, and my Persuasion has been lacking so far as well, but I don't feel like I have enough points left to make any choice in regard to that.

I think my build is about to get annihilated by Depot A. I'm up to the Junkyard and playing on Hard.

I'm thinking of starting the game over. Can anyone help me fix this so that my character works better next time?

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
Has anyone done a no lockpick/hacking run?

I am going to finally do an 'oddity' playthrough (I have always played with 'classic' setting for xp), and I wonder if I will have a BAD TIME if I put 0 points in lockpick/hack. As I assume many oddities are hidden in locked chests.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Has anyone done a no lockpick/hacking run?

I am going to finally do an 'oddity' playthrough (I have always played with 'classic' setting for xp), and I wonder if I will have a BAD TIME if I put 0 points in lockpick/hack. As I assume many oddities are hidden in locked chests.
You will be fine even with no lockpicking/hacking. You get enough oddities to be adequately leveled.

Jezal_k23

Well at worst I'd start the game over with adjustments to my build. That's not quitting in the sense that I didn't stop playing the game.

The point is, temporal manipulation isn't seemingly doing anything for me so far and also I don't know what crafting skills to level up.

Tygrende

Arbiter
Also, for Depot A, you might want to craft the good ol' siphoner leather armor/tabis/boots for their acid DR/DT. And maybe upgade to mutated dog once you're in.

The point is, temporal manipulation isn't seemingly doing anything for me so far
Don't you find the reduced cooldowns from Limited Temporal Increment useful? Or the ability to gimp enemy's action and movement points with the Dilation?

and also I don't know what crafting skills to level up.
You want mechanics for the machete and riot gear, electronics for electroshock/energy edge emmiters to put on that machete and for energy shields, tailoring for all armors. Leather armors only requires tailoring, riot gear requires a bit of tailoring and mechanics.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom