Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Lilura's Blog: An Ongoing Codexian Obsession

How do you rate lilura1.blogspot.com's commentary?

• Total voters

gunman

Arcane
Developer
I am a new user and I wasn't sure where to post this.
I made a little RPG game called Golden Fall and is available on Steam.
I gave the RPGCodex curator a key, but didn't see any review from them.
Is it ok to post about my game here?

Cheers.

What a cuck.

Well, at least making a game, even if pitiful, is a greater achievement than making a blog.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
PompiPompi you should ask Lilura to review your RPG on her blog.

Sorry. I'm too busy posting authoritative write-ups for the greatest games of all-time, such as Jagged Alliance 2. It's much better than the garbage you play. It's also much better than the garbage gunman shits out.

It's very, very popular and would give your game the exposure it needs to become game of the year.

Low-brow sarcasm from a shitposter's alt. I'm glad my blog makes you butthurt, though.

gunman

Arcane
Developer
Sorry. I'm too busy posting authoritative write-ups for the greatest games of all-time, such as Jagged Alliance 2. It's much better than the garbage you play. It's also much better than the garbage gunman shits out.

Your mix-up of sarcasm with trolling lost charm quite a long time ago. You are a representative of the new age of the codex. Maybe you once valued the games codex hold up at heart, but your bitterness transpires in every post you make. Try to make something useful with your life. And no, your blog is not something useful at all. I have played Baldur's Gate a hundred times, and every hardcore BG player will tell you that the only useful resources online are Gibberlings 3 and Spellhold Studios. And JA2 is not the greatest game of all-time. It's not the mechanics of a game that makes it great, it also have to be fun, stimulate imagination, touch a cord inside you like the music. I guess nobody touched a cord inside you for quite a long time.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
You are a representative of the new age of the codex.

No, I'm representative of the Renaissance era (1996-2002). My commentary is infused with the tone of the era. No one can deny this. I was there, I played the games; it's irrefutable.

your bitterness transpires in every post you make.

Bitterness > sweetness. Everyone who played Fallout when it came out is capable of venom. Since you negatively connote my tone, clearly you didn't. You are not a Fallout veteran; it's so obvious. We're not lovey-dovey.

And no, your blog is not something useful at all. I have played Baldur's Gate a hundred times, and every
hardcore BG player will tell you that the only useful resources online are Gibberlings 3 and Spellhold Studios.

You can't prove you've played BG even once. I can. See the difference?

G3 and SS don't commentate: they mod. Apples and oranges. Are you this clueless?

As for hardcore players, yes, they go to my blog for the commentary. It's as plain as day.

And JA2 is not the greatest game of all-time.

For me it is. It shits all over every game in the 'Dex top 20, including Fallout. And I consider Fallout the greatest RPG of all time. The pure RPG genre is as week as piss.

agris

Arcane
Patron
No, I'm representative of the Renaissance era (1996-2002). My commentary is infused with the tone of the era. No one can deny this. I was there, I played the games; it's irrefutable.

Bitterness > sweetness. Everyone who played Fallout when it came out is capable of venom. Since you negatively connote my tone, clearly you didn't. You are not a Fallout veteran; it's so obvious. We're not lovey-dovey.

:despair: but true. The regression seen in games up to present-day is deplorable. If studios didn't seek to expand *for the sake of it*, kept scope tight and were happy with the success they had, we would have more of a cottage industry than we do now. As it is, we're looking at Darwinian evolution and extinction of indie developers to hopefully produce some meaningful improvements in the mold of the old masters, but at a stochastic rate.

gunman

Arcane
Developer
You are a representative of the new age of the codex.

And no, your blog is not something useful at all. I have played Baldur's Gate a hundred times, and every
hardcore BG player will tell you that the only useful resources online are Gibberlings 3 and Spellhold Studios.

You can't prove you've played BG even once. I can. See the difference?

G3 and SS don't commentate: they mod. Apples and oranges. Are you this clueless?

As for hardcore players, yes, they go to my blog for the commentary. It's as plain as day.

And JA2 is not the greatest game of all-time.

For me it is. It shits all over every game in the 'Dex top 20, including Fallout. And I consider Fallout the greatest RPG of all time. The pure RPG genre is as week as piss.

"Renaissance era (1996-2002)" ? What the fuck are you talking about? There were plenty of games before that period that were better. Maybe you meant the start of the decline.

What do you mean I can't prove I have played BG? Do I have to start a blog to prove it?

"G3 and SS don't commentate: they mod." Their forums contains more valuable information about gameplay than your friggin blog. Hell, even Beamdog forums do.

"For me it is. It shits all over every game in the 'Dex top 20, including Fallout." Good for you, but who cares? It's your personal preference

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
"Renaissance era (1996-2002)" ?

What the fuck are you talking about? There were plenty of games before that period that were better. Maybe you meant the start of the decline.

Fallout shits on every RPG that came before it. Every single one, in every single way that counts.

What do you mean I can't prove I have played BG? Do I have to start a blog to prove it?

You can't prove that you've played BG once, let alone 100 times. I can. See the difference? You are just talking. Do you know who the authority is on BG commentary, according to Google algorithms? Hint: it's not you.

Their forums contains more valuable information about gameplay than your friggin blog. Hell, even Beamdog forums do.

G3 and SS contain 0% game-play information on the original, authoritative games. Nothing on their sites can be regarded as accurate to the originals because, guess what, they're MODDING sites. They are muddled and confused: buffleheaded. They can speak with no authority except as it pertains to modding. And modding is not official or sanctioned in any way.

Beamdog is the same. Literally nothing on their site pertains to the originals because, guess, what THEY MODDED THEM, TOO. I am the only commentator that can be trusted to have no admixture of EE or mods in my retrospectives and pro-tip write-ups. Even the wikis are tainted by the EEs.

See what I'm getting at? Preservation and expansion of the narrative. My blog will be read long after your shitty game is entombed and forgotten. You have ZERO influence.

gunman

Arcane
Developer
Fallout shits on every RPG that came before it. Every single one, in every single way that counts.

I can demonstrate you that Ultima VII was a more innovative game and had more impact to the gaming genre that Fallout did, but I am sure it will fall on deaf years. Yes, Fallout is praised because of its reactivity to character development, but the open world system and the interaction with the world and game physics were done better before Fallout. In Fallout once you learn the thresholds of skills, it's a flat game. I don't deny its interesting story and writing, this is why it is praised on the Codex, but to say that it shits on every RPG that came before it it only shows you are a newfag.

You can't prove that you've played BG once, let alone 100 times. I can. See the difference? You are just talking. Do you know who the authority is on BG commentary, according to Google algorithms? Hint: it's not you.
Please contact Google, I searched for "ultimate authority on baldur's gate" and "baldur's gate authority" and your blog doesn't show up.

G3 and SS contain 0% game-play information on the original, authoritative games. Nothing on their sites can be regarded as accurate to the originals because, guess what, they're MODDING sites. They are muddled and confused: buffleheaded. They can speak with no authority except as it pertains to modding. And modding is not official or sanctioned in any way.

They contain THE most accurate information on originals, on internal workings of the engine, because based on that they did the modding. Also, countless of play-through topics contains thousands of posts that you and your friggin blog will not have a chance to compete with not even a thousands years.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
So this is what happened. Some indie dev posted a cucky OP, and I called it out. Then, another indie dev jumps in and says that my commentary is "useless" and that their games, "no matter how pitiful", are somehow not useless. According to this indie dev, their games constitute a greater achievement than my six years of commentary on the classics. How he measures that, who knows. Pulled the yardstick out of his asshole, I'll wager. So because he put down my commentary (before I put down their works), I put down his game. Tit for tat, tit for tat. Just like that.

Maybe it's time to give his shovelware an unflattering review on my blog, to prove how "useless" my blog is. I wonder what ranking I could garner on Google for an unknown indie game. :lol::lol::lol:

Seems the guy doesn't know how Google works, and doesn't know of Fallout's incalculable influence. He then tries to lecture me on Fallout. Me. And then tries to tell me that quantity of modded commentary is greater than quality of unmodded, original-based commentary.

Typical indie dev of the 'Dex.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
At any rate, you have your game and I have my commentary. As one person to another, I do wish you and the OP all the best.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
This game looks like shit.

Fucking indie games
I'm saddened to see that such a promising man like yourself has succumbed to the prevailing jaded attitude found around here; there's still a hope that you are just posting these so called opinions in a vain attempt to impress elderly, "cool" codexers. I wish you weren't so impressionable.

I expect you to consult Sherry as per how to express yourself in a more constructive manner without still appearing as a sell-out.

Yea, well the game looks like shit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom