Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
deterministic system > RNG

Last edited:

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Can anyone help me fix this so that my character works better next time?

Difference between Psychokinesis and TM are that you need to invest in PK all the way so it can stun reliably e.g. and TM abilities doesn't need huge investments to work, because they doesn't check Resolve or Fortitude.
So for TM 50-70 is enough and for PK you need 100+ and the more the better.

In the rest, your build is OK.

Still don't get why there's no fast travel OPTION, I forgot how terrible the backtracking is in this game, even sped up it's such an annoying waste of time.

:negative:

Dude, just play the game already. ;)

I did? I just can't figure out how I lasted almost till the very end of original release at a regular speed. Even maxed out it's an unnecessary slog that exists for no other reason than just being there, it does nothing for atmosphere or gameplay, no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

Sinatar

Arbiter
How did I manage to get this dumb in the years since I played through this?

How the fuck do you add a feat to your hotbar? I can't figure out how to add kneecap shot there because apparently I have the IQ of a fruit fly.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I just hit level 16 and cleaned all around the junkyeard,the starting station and the mine plus the lurker tunnel. I noticed that there is a specializations for the feats,that i don't remember from my last game. Soooo it seems pretty pointless to have 10 levels of specializations when you get just one point per level,it feels.....annoying.

Jezal_k23

Can anyone help me fix this so that my character works better next time?

Difference between Psychokinesis and TM are that you need to invest in PK all the way so it can stun reliably e.g. and TM abilities doesn't need huge investments to work, because they doesn't check Resolve or Fortitude.
So for TM 50-70 is enough and for PK you need 100+ and the more the better.

In the rest, your build is OK.

Alright. Got it, thanks. How much should I invest in each crafting skill? As in, when can I stop leveling up that stuff?

I just hit level 16 and cleaned all around the junkyeard,the starting station and the mine plus the lurker tunnel. I noticed that there is a specializations for the feats,that i don't remember from my last game. Soooo it seems pretty pointless to have 10 levels of specializations when you get just one point per level,it feels.....annoying.

My understanding of the system is that starting on level 16 you get one specialization point per level up to level 30. That is 15 specialization points, and I don't get why you'd think they would be pointless, as they can significantly make whatever feats you choose a lot better, especially if you focus a lot on one feat.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Is opportunist + suppressive fire combo super important with shotgun build?

Yes.

Is high perception really necessary with shotguns since they are super short range?

Yes.

Edit: All Guns require high Perception for max damage however Shotguns only required 9 instead of 10 as the rest.

Also it looks like Shotguns only require 5 Dex for Leading Shot.

I assume the rest of stat points you can put into STR in order to be able to wear Heavy Armor.

Last edited:

Jinn

Arcane
So, is there a ferry at the Aegis base I can use to get back and forth between it and Core City that I'm missing, or will I have to jet-ski every time?

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
How is the number of Psi points your character has determined?

https://www.underrail.com/wiki/index.php?title=Psi_abilities

All characters with Psi Empathy have 100 max psi points, but also a permanent 25% penalty to max health. Psi pool does not scale with any character statistics, but it can be slightly increased with certain psi feats. Psi regenerates every turn in combat and every 5 seconds out of combat. The regeneration scales with Will and Intelligence: psi regen = 5 + (will+int)/2, rounded down.

The Psi points are constant.

Sykar

Arcane
That example is worthless.
You dont have an example at all...
How the fuck is it worthless? Most of the fucking game you fight flesh. I tried using it for 6 levels and it was utter garbage. There is no indication of it getting any better. Wasting a feat on this feels borderline idiotic. What trash hordes are you fighting with it to waste a feat on it?

edit

You should try it on death stalkers...

Only for TK punch. Imprint and Electrokinesis basically ignore resolve.

Jinn

Arcane
Really enjoying how many environment exploration ability checks there are all over The Black Sea. Adds a nice additional level of variety to approaches. While I don't have any diplomacy on my current build, there seems to be a lot of dialogue options for persuasion, intimidate, and mercantile. Expedition continues to impress me every hour I play. Got about 8 hours into it now.

Last edited:

Latro

Arcane
restarted on hard mode for shotgun tanky dude, and shotty shells are really fuggen expensive, I'm spending my all my good boy points for about 6 shells! go broke too often to invest in anything else. might have to just play shotty in normal or maybe check out spear.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
restarted on hard mode for shotgun tanky dude, and shotty shells are really fuggen expensive, I'm spending my all my good boy points for about 6 shells! go broke too often to invest in anything else. might have to just play shotty in normal or maybe check out spear.
Doesn't sound right. I've had enough credits to buy around 25 shotgun shells, grenades, and have a decent amount left over. Try trading in all the other ammunition and useless components you get.

Latro

Arcane
Doesn't sound right. I've had enough credits to buy around 25 shotgun shells, grenades, and have a decent amount left over. Try trading in all the other ammunition and useless components you get.
restarted with suppressive fire + opportunist, pretty sure I just wasn't getting the mileage I could actually get out of each individual shell. i went with 10 con for thick skull and survival instinct (originally), but had I known about leading shot I would have built differently (still gonna grab juggernaut)

I will also go for time dilation, seems like it will be nasty combined with suppressive fire

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
So is the oddity system incline or not? I didn't play with it the first time, no idea if it's any good

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom