Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Sam Bixby

Educated
I hear Perfect scattering Is junk because it adds 1 to 2 damage per pellet so with hoppershot its only 20-40 damage.

Is it just not worth getting then?

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Well I got past Depot A on my fast/stealthy shotgun guy so maybe there's hope, although I did cheese it a lot by throwing Molotovs and then slamming the doors.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Just finished with the GMS Compound and it looks like I'm going to have to sink around 45 points into Psychokinesis as the utility it gives is too valuable. Hacking and Lockpicking will have to take a backseat as I dont want to abandon Persuasion.

Sykar

Arcane
That example is worthless.
You dont have an example at all...
How the fuck is it worthless? Most of the fucking game you fight flesh. I tried using it for 6 levels and it was utter garbage. There is no indication of it getting any better. Wasting a feat on this feels borderline idiotic. What trash hordes are you fighting with it to waste a feat on it?

edit

You should try it on death stalkers...

It is worthless because of the different way those two work and what advantages they have over each other. I already told you that Distortion works in delayed bursts while Cryokinesis is constant damage. Why is this important? Because large bursts prevent enemies from using Health Hypos, which basically increases their effective health you have to get to zero. So to summarize, let us make a brief overview.

Distortion:
+Can ramp up huge burst
+Long range (10)
+Low AP, with Tranquility can be applied 3 times, 50% damage increase without factoring in the stacking damage increase from 40% to 60%
+Low PSI cost
+Ignores 50% of damage reduction
+Half is energy damage, which few enemies resist, not even bladelings
+Can spread to enemies via feat

--Delayed damage, at the end of enemies second turn
-Mediocre damage without stacking it

Cryokinesis:
+Constant high instant damage
+Slow which stacks 3 times
+Very long Range (12)
+Low PSI cost

-Medium AP costs, even with Tranqulity can only be used twice
-Does not ignore damage reduction, struggles against anything with high mechanical/cold resistance

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
So is the oddity system incline or not? I didn't play with it the first time, no idea if it's any good

Im on the fence, but I have not done a full Oddity play through yet. Hopefuly do it this time so I can compare. It is how the game is designed to be played so I guess its the "true" way to play UR. But thank god Styg isnt " Mr no fun balance man" so we have option for either way.

Tygrende

Arbiter
So, is there a ferry at the Aegis base I can use to get back and forth between it and Core City that I'm missing, or will I have to jet-ski every time?
There will be a fast travel option once you progress in their questline a little bit. Ask Briggs later.

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
How much throwing is enough throwing? I'm using grenades to help supplement my shotgun, all I got right now is 30 (32) and it does ok most of the time. I'm also wondering about chemistry, I've sank 10 points in simply so I can get enough for trainshot via synergy later because I'm going to be making my own combat drugs with biology.
Also, how much skill do I need to invest into mechanics and tailoring to build a decent boomstick and armor? I don't think I'll be putting anything into electronics and I'm probably going to regret doing crafting at all.

Tygrende

Arbiter
How much throwing is enough throwing?
I like to stop at 60-80 effective throwing.

Also, how much skill do I need to invest into mechanics and tailoring to build a decent boomstick and armor?
You should be investing in both on a regular basis based on the quality of components you find. I wouldn't stop earlier than at least 100 effective skill by the end of the game. Preferably 120 (or more if you find really good components) if you can afford it.

Black Angel

Arcane
Haven't went to the Black Sea yet, and I'm kind of avoiding this thread, but quick question:

Now that the expansion is released, when can we expect changes to Rail Crossing's lost train quest? I can understand removing the [Lie] option from dialogue with Captain Herve if you persuaded the bandits to leave the train alone. Can we expect changes to the quest and how to deal with Rail Crossing's situation in general Soon™?

Styg Mac_Orion also, send my regards to PhrygianDominant. Cheers :salute:

Parabalus

Arcane
Started pure psychosis psion on dominating. Its tough but VERY enjoyable

I got through Depot A today with that build, no stealth. Also cleared the prison. Surprisingly smooth, had to use lots of doors though.

That example is worthless.
You dont have an example at all...
How the fuck is it worthless? Most of the fucking game you fight flesh. I tried using it for 6 levels and it was utter garbage. There is no indication of it getting any better. Wasting a feat on this feels borderline idiotic. What trash hordes are you fighting with it to waste a feat on it?

edit

You should try it on death stalkers...

It is worthless because of the different way those two work and what advantages they have over each other. I already told you that Distortion works in delayed bursts while Cryokinesis is constant damage. Why is this important? Because large bursts prevent enemies from using Health Hypos, which basically increases their effective health you have to get to zero. So to summarize, let us make a brief overview.

Distortion:
+Can ramp up huge burst
+Long range (10)
+Low AP, with Tranquility can be applied 3 times, 50% damage increase without factoring in the stacking damage increase from 40% to 60%
+Low PSI cost
+Ignores 50% of damage reduction
+Half is energy damage, which few enemies resist, not even bladelings
+Can spread to enemies via feat

--Delayed damage, at the end of enemies second turn
-Mediocre damage without stacking it

Cryokinesis:
+Constant high instant damage
+Slow which stacks 3 times
+Very long Range (12)
+Low PSI cost

-Medium AP costs, even with Tranqulity can only be used twice
-Does not ignore damage reduction, struggles against anything with high mechanical/cold resistance

Elephantman, later on enemies have 75%+ damage reduction and are uncrittable, TD cuts right through it. Worth using even with Psychosis, probably doesn't need maxing though.

Anyone else getting long startup and transition times?

Need like 2 minutes for the game to start, but loading times are fast.

Tygrende

Arbiter
I ain't got time for that. I can try to post 2 of your choice, but no promises when it comes to quality and mods.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
... pure psychosis psion on dominating ...

Don't want to shit on your parade but pure PSI is easy mode (once you figure out a couple of PSI synergies).

You will rolfstomp everything until Deep Caverns where you will rethink your life choices.

Elephantman, later on enemies have 75%+ damage reduction and are uncrittable, TD cuts right through it. Worth using even with Psychosis, probably doesn't need maxing though.

Nope. No enemy is immune to critical hit except that some of them *DC wink wink* have insane high resistances.

Parabalus

Arcane
... pure psychosis psion on dominating ...

Don't want to shit on your parade but pure PSI is easy mode (once you figure out a couple of PSI synergies).

You will rolfstomp everything until Deep Caverns where you will rethink your life choices.

Nope. No enemy is immune to critical hit except that some of them *DC wink wink* have insane high resistances.

Try critting the turrets in Depot A. There are others before DC as well.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom