Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Worst, most illogical quests

Viata

Arcane
here comes THE FUCKING MAILMAN
Great plot, would read again:
ThePostman%281stEd%29.jpg

DraQ

Arcane
Anyway, getting back to how this tangent started: Fallout 3 may not have a good plot (or even a mediocre plot), but at least it's coherent. That's not much of a compliment. See Spot Run is also coherent.
TEu9E7u.png

Fallout 3 is so fucking coherent it must be fucking quantum.

Conversely, Baldur's Gate does not have a coherent plot. Characters behave irrationally at every turn.
Which is fundamentally different from real life.
:roll:

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'm not a big fan of Boring's Gate (BG2 is superior to the bland and lame BG1 in every single conceivable way), but it is way more coherent than Fallout 3.

You actually have villain motivations that kinda make sense, and the world is even affected by their actions rather than just ignoring everything that goes on around it!
There's an iron crisis, and non-magical weapons actually have a chance to break due to the low quality iron.
Meanwhile in Fallout 3 you can get clean rad-free water in plastic bottles in many places, and yet the water crisis is the biggest issue in the waste (except nobody actually cares as all the communities have enough water to survive).

That alone should show which one is more coherent.

Okagron

Prophet
That's not much less retarded than a tribal. Watch out Caesar's legion, here comes THE FUCKING MAILMAN

I HAVE A PACKAGE FOR YOU

IT'S FULL OF PAIN
Hey, i can just make up the backstory that my Courier is a badass former soldier, because i'm allowed to do as such due to so much of the Courier's backstory being left up to me. Unlike in Fallout 3.

Then later we go through a village of children who fdso gah frzzlmpr blaaa huygggnl asdf;lj
That is the only reasonable reaction one person can have to this whole part of the main quest. Main quest, this retarded location of children that can somehow fight against fucking Super Mutants (you have to go through it to reach vault 87) with terrible weaponry is unavoidable. You have to interact it if you want to do the main story. This is not some optional location in a corner of the map, Emil Pagliaretard thought he was being so clever and funny when he introduced what is possible the dumbest location in any Fallout game and then have the player be forced to interact with it.

Anyone that claims the story of Fallout 3 is coherent even on a very, very basic level is a dumbfuck retard that has no idea what goes into actual story coherency.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
this retarded location of children that can somehow fight against fucking Super Mutants (you have to go through it to reach vault 87) with terrible weaponry

Of course the children can do that, they're immortal after all. You only gain mortality once you turn 18.

Mikeal

Arcane
I've played all Fallout games minus 4, thank you. There's nothing retarded about all the elements you just mentioned.
On the other hand, Vault experiments are retarded... and guess where they started? That's right! Fallout 2. Until Fallout 2, all we knew about the Vaults and Vault-Tec were that they were poorly built and Vault-Tec was a pretty shitty company. Nothing more, nothing less.

But it's great seeing your mental gymnastics trying to justify that Bethesda's Fallout wasn't built on the foundation of the wacky Fallout 2 memes, especially when most of the things people praise about Bethesda's Fallout (the "funny" humor, the "scary and twisted" Vaults) originated with Fallout 2. :)

If only there was another background we could have been given... maybe a courier, who knows.

Vaults being social experiment was just joke from one of the writers who watched too much of X-Files.

Is a courier tougher and more badass than a warrior poet from the legendary vault dweller's tribe, equally at home in the harsh wilderness and remnants of the old worlds' technology, chucking wooden spears with one hand and laser blasting someone with the other? Didn't think so. Face it, the chosen one is the only good Fallout hero.

this retarded location of children that can somehow fight against fucking Super Mutants (you have to go through it to reach vault 87) with terrible weaponry

Of course the children can do that, they're immortal after all. You only gain mortality once you turn 18.

Literally a plot point since Little Lamplight residents are exiled when they become young adults, and move to Big Town where they're besieged by super mutants daily and unlearn their entire lifetime of "how to resist supermutant attacks" tactics.

Cael

Arcane
Not exactly a quest, but...

4-avatar.png
"I got you guys a present."
6-iolo.png
"You performed an elaborate ruse in order to rob my store for a weapon you will now give to me."
4-avatar.png
"Yep."
6-iolo.png
"Jesus."

... it was good loot.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
That's not much less retarded than a tribal. Watch out Caesar's legion, here comes THE FUCKING MAILMAN

I'm sure people who don't know better would say that. What difficulties does a mailman face? Too much traffic? The courier has to travel a wasteland, on foot, full of dangerous wildlife, raiders, and the like.
Hell, Caesar's Legion is far less dangerous than the Enclave was, considering the Enclave was filled up their ass with energy weapons and power armor (not to mention lots of people have argued in the past that Caesar's Legion would be pretty weak if not for plot armor).

Let's be honest and admit that most RPG quests are far fetched, ironically Bethesda is safe with this in The Elder Scrolls because muh prophecy. But some (Fallout 2, Fallout 3) are more far fetched than others (Fallout, New Vegas) in how much danger is thrown the player's way.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
I'm not a big fan of Boring's Gate (BG2 is superior to the bland and lame BG1 in every single conceivable way)

Neither am i, still, if i had to pick a "lesser evil", i'd pick Koveras Sarevok over Irenicus & Bohdi one million times.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom