Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Lilura's Blog: An Ongoing Codexian Obsession

How do you rate lilura1.blogspot.com's commentary?

• Total voters

gunman

Arcane
Developer
You can't prove you've played BG even once. I can. See the difference?

A long time ago I have tried to mod BG:EE to have to carry the bodies of fallen NPC members to temple to resurrect them (not possible with vanilla BG2)
https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/61786/npc-bodies-a-raise-dead-resurrection-mod

I also tried to update TOBEX code so BG2 would behave like BG1 (forced unpause on inventory screen). Unfortunatelly, compiling the TOBEX code with my Visual C++ compiler seemed to broke some other code, so I had to abandon this
https://af.gog.com/forum/baldurs_gate_series/pause_during_inventory_bg_tutu/post8?as=1649904300

Last edited by a moderator:

thesecret1

Arcane
So this is what happened. Some indie dev posted a cucky OP, and I called it out. Then, another indie dev jumps in and says that my commentary is "useless" and that their games, "no matter how pitiful", are somehow not useless.
Actually, it started with me making a joke while reaching for some low hanging fruit (you). Predictably, you then went ballistic and delivered laughs for all. Thank you for your service :salute:

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
A long time ago I have tried to mod BG:EE to have to carry the bodies of fallen NPC members to temple to resurrect them (not possible with vanilla BG2)
https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/61786/npc-bodies-a-raise-dead-resurrection-mod

guess what? I don't care about the EEs. I'm only interested in preserving and expanding upon the narrative for the authoritative originals, which have been standard for two decades.

I'm the leading commentator for the Infinity Engine despite not covering the EEs. I get lots of EE traffic and don't even cover the EEs. I can't tell you how happy that makes me: that cuck'tards Google up the EEs and land on my non-EE blog that writes off the EEs and promotes the original, authoritative versions.

And the best part is? When they try to comment, I block them out. Again, I can't tell you how happy that makes me when I wake up in the morning and check my moderation queue. "Oh, look, more cuck'tards tried to comment" *summary deletion*.

My blog has been called a sanctum for veterans of the originals; indeed, it's been called the Baldur's Gate Bible. It's the only Infinity Engine resource that stops cuck'tards at the gate.

I also tried to update TOBEX code so BG2 would behave like BG1 (forced unpause on inventory screen). Unfortunatelly, compiling the TOBEX code with my Visual C++ compiler seemed to broke some other code, so I had to abandon this
https://af.gog.com/forum/baldurs_gate_series/pause_during_inventory_bg_tutu/post8?as=1649904300

Inventory auto-pause can be toggled in ToBExTweak.ini.

Last edited by a moderator:

Curratum

I hate to break it to you but the majority of people playing BG and IWD today use the EEs and nobody outside of three hundred autistic neckbeards like yourself care about the "authoritative originals".

EldarEldrad

Savant
Do we have any proof that Lilura actually played BG? Maybe her blog is just aggregator from a couple of obscure blogs and all pictures are just fake?

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Do we have any proof that Lilura actually played BG? Maybe her blog is just aggregator from a couple of obscure blogs and all pictures are just fake?
We all know how crazy cat ladies "play" BG. It's what spawned 100+ mods with romanceable male NPC. I wouldn't be surprised if she never finished the game.

My only complaint with the blog is that all her 1001 entries are thoughtless and vacuous, she never says anything new. "Athkatla is a biggest city in the game". "Bridge District has a serial killer quest". Yeah I know, I played the game.

Analysis, deconstruction, interesting parallels with the real life or other settings, comparison of game mechanics with P&P, say SOMETHING NEW. She can't.

How something of so little value (1001 descriptive posts) can be thought of as something as grand as she thinks it is, is what leads me to believe she is slightly insane.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Bester , I give you credit for being the only troll with an explicit criticism of my commentary: the other 200 zoological specimens of your kind are impotent ragehards. However, you're a faggity cherry-picker and deadwrong about my lack of originality. In both form and content, no one writes like me. No one. And I'm the only one with the guts to criticize the games I cover. I'm the only commentator to have already criticized Larian. Everyone else shilled hard when BG3 was announced. This just comes off as sour-grapes on your behalf. Try harder next time.

In regards to romances, I've never been a fan of them in BG2 or any RPG. And my commentary proves that:

01.jpg

There you go. Your trollish claim is undeniably refuted.

It's also interesting to note how much my commentary is criticized on the 'Dex by the 100 or so shitposter-alts; no one ever squares up and takes me to task, though. Sour grapes, once again. Spineless cowards. Because the shitposters give mainstream commentators and lame-o YouTubers free rides. Note that those guys are bread-and-butter commentators, too: monetized, with donate-beggary and salesmanship out the ass. Shitposter hypocrisy is most delicious!

Last edited:

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Sour grapes[...] Spineless cowards.

Why would I be interested in writing about 20 year-old games that I've talked to death about with my friends irl, in chatrooms and on forums - again, for the past 20 years. I want to look forward to the future. To innovation.

Why would I ever be interested in your criticism of a game that has not come out yet, when you refuse to go forward and analyze contemporary titles that stand out?

Your words sound like the ones coming out of a dying dinosaur upon seeing the impending meteorite coming down.

History has been written. The future is a blank cheque.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I would propose to Lilura if I wasn't already married and if I could be certain that she's female.

To come to think of it, either condition isn't really an absolute deal breaker this day and age.
thinking.png

Haven't read the blog though.

Last edited:

zapotec

Liturgist
Bester , I give you credit for being the only troll with an explicit criticism of my commentary: the other 200 zoological specimens of your kind are impotent ragehards. However, you're a faggity cherry-picker and deadwrong about my lack of originality. In both form and content, no one writes like me. No one. And I'm the only one with the guts to criticize the games I cover. I'm the only commentator to have already criticized Larian. Everyone else shilled hard when BG3 was announced. This just comes off as sour-grapes on your behalf. Try harder next time.

In regards to romances, I've never been a fan of them in BG2 or any RPG. And my commentary proves that:

01.jpg

There you go. Your trollish claim is undeniably refuted.

It's also interesting to note how much my commentary is criticized on the 'Dex by the 100 or so shitposter-alts; no one ever squares up and takes me to task, though. Sour grapes, once again. Spineless cowards. Because the shitposters give mainstream commentators and lame-o YouTubers free rides. Note that those guys are bread-and-butter commentators, too: monetized, with donate-beggary and salesmanship out the ass. Shitposter hypocrisy is most delicious!
/​
tenor.gif

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
My only complaint with the blog is that all her 1001 entries are thoughtless and vacuous, she never says anything new. "Athkatla is a biggest city in the game". "Bridge District has a serial killer quest". Yeah I know, I played the game.

Diagnosis: autism

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
By golly, you're right. Repeating the same exchanges. :negative:

Zer0wing

Cipher
By golly, you're right. Repeating the same exchanges. :negative:
They really stuck in a loop.
"Renaissance era (1996-2002)" ? What the fuck are you talking about?
An era when developers finally made something out of CD-ROMs and VGA 2D cards for RPGs and other more conventional game genres to finally make them accesible with fancier graphics and more media. Mouse support is not counted since it was popularized by Ultima series before that. A maybe sorta decline but I'll stay away from this holywar. Just a hint on who you are dealing with.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom