Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

ciox

Liturgist
Hot tip for all who want or are currently trying to use Distortion as a primary damage source, the damage at the end does NOT break Mental Breakdown CC. Not sure if bug or feature though. So you can setup your 3 Distortions -> Premed+ MB -> 3 Distortions -> Pop -> Anything you want.
I also noticed this before.

But 5 staccs of Distortions are usually enough to obliterate Security Bots and Burrowers (on Normal), so I just MB on one once I isolated them -> give 2 staccs -> next turns give 3 staccs -> done.

You can also use stasis if you really want as many distortion stacks as possible on something.

And there is at least one such "something".

Sykar

Arcane
Found my first temporal manipulation mentor while shopping for Berserk mentor in Rail Crossing in Doc's inventory. So for anyone who is going for Temporal you will probably find most of the other mentors in medical inventories.

Sheepherder

Augur
Anyone know how does the psi cost reductions from Psionic Mufflers, Advanced Psi Empathy and Psi beetle tactical vest interact with each other? In feat description of Advanced Psi Empathy it says the reduction is multiplicative.
Which one is correct: "NewCost=BaseCost*(vest+mufflers)*feat" or "NewCost=BaseCost*vest*mufflers*feat"?

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
fd7513fc81.png

Tygrende

Arbiter
I don't like Dodge/Evasion. I prefer better DR/DT and HP pool, even on stealthy, mobile builds with low(ish) armor penalty. That said, they can be very useful, as long as you treat them as a supplement that can get you through a tighter spot rather than something to facetank with. Also, Uncanny Dodge is awesome.

epeli

Arcane
Evasion has one excellent property regardless of difficulty: It's reliable and powerful damage reduction vs most AoEs.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
Ok I feel like I'm going to reveal myself as a total dunderhead after asking this,
but I went to the Mutie camp and spoke with them but I guess my social skills weren't high enough and dude asked for medical supplies before letting me in. So I went back to the Aegis camp and there's no dialogue option with anybody about this? What am I missing here?

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
Ok so I knew I was missing something. I smoked weed right as I started the DLC and must have missed something integral about that NavCom. How the fuck do you use it and where is it?!

EDIT: I legit considered restarting the DLC just because of this, this morning.

Tygrende

Arbiter
You should have gotten one from Marcus, the electronics guy. It's basically a phone. Get used to calling people in the field instead of returning to camp every time. That said, not being able to speak to Savage in person is something that will be fixed in the future.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Man. I remember the dialogue about it but I scoured my inventory and saw nothing. I'll return to Marcus and see if I just never actually grabbed it?

Tygrende

Arbiter
It should be in your inventory after you talked with him. He gives it to you in addition to a set of Aegis armor and helmet.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
I don't like Dodge/Evasion. I prefer better DR/DT and HP pool, even on stealthy, mobile builds with low(ish) armor penalty. That said, they can be very useful, as long as you treat them as a supplement that can get you through a tighter spot rather than something to facetank with. Also, Uncanny Dodge is awesome.

Yeah, that's why I never liked them. Two full-blown, high-maintenance skill (and feat!) investments that are supplementary?

Miss me wit dat shit, dawg.
Get it? Miss me? :troll:
I've always thought that they should be one unified skill. As it is, I'd much rather invest in two and a half crafting skills instead and produce godly equipment. A god-tier energy shield alone will soak up far more damage in the long run.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Well fuck. I'll search again. See that's what I thought was supposed to happen but I looked and I looked.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom