Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

deuxhero

Arcane
I just ranked up my kingdom enough to get a warden as an extra adviser. The guy I was going to pick is missing. I looked it up to see if it was a known bug and I find that he's supposed to be missing. The guide I found that mentioned it is all "Did you even notice?".

Also not related to the above is that for first time I'm going to fail a problem because I have more problems than advisers.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I just ranked up my kingdom enough to get a warden as an extra adviser. The guy I was going to pick is missing. I looked it up to see if it was a known bug and I find that he's supposed to be missing. The guide I found that mentioned it is all "Did you even notice?".

Also not related to the above is that for first time I'm going to fail a problem because I have more problems than advisers.
Don't worry, failing a few problems or opportunities will not end your game. It will not even affect getting all ranks to 10 by end of the game. Failing a lot of them will also not end your game but it will prevent you from getting all ranks to 10.

Cael

Arcane
...I have more problems than advisers.
*looks at name of game*

giphy.gif

entr0py

Scholar
Would some kind soul update me on the memory leak issue after 2.0.6?

Haven't been playing for quite a while, and since I'll be restricted to potato laptop (4GB RAM, i5-7200U, 620HD :negative:) for the foreseeable future, the last thing I need is some hidden monster gobbling up my meager system resources.

Not fixed. I still can't play the game due to this issue (and i'm on a beefy setup).

Have you tried turning off the cloth physics which option was introduced in the latest patch? I think it improved the situation for me somewhat.

S.torch

Arbiter
Can someone give me a quick rundown on what terms like "damage 1dcd" means? I don't know much about Dungeons & Dragons. So I don't know what these things means in the combat.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Can someone give me a quick rundown on what terms like "damage 1dcd" means? I don't know much about Dungeons & Dragons. So I don't know what these things means in the combat.

'1dcd'? What? If you wanna understand the basic rules, is simple for melee. You roll an dice(D20), add to your BAB, if is greater than enemy AC, you hit, if not, you missed. If you hit, then you roll the damage. D6 means damage from 1 to 6. +1 weapons increases the chance to hit and damage, +2 increase in a factor of two. D8 means 1~8. D20, 1~20. Against spells, there are more rules, saves, spell resistance, DC, etc but they are not hard to understand. Just read a little.

-----------------------------

Anyway, if you could add one class(not homebrew, from pnp) to Pathfinder Kingmaker, what class would you add? IMO, Witch. Why?
1 - There are no pure arcane companion(Octavia has 1 rogue level), note that there are 2 cleric companions
2 - Witch is more unique to pathfinder and very different than 5e warlock. Has unique mechanics involving the familiar/patron and mods din't implemented well this particularities.
3 - Most of the story involves feyfolk, witch will fit thematically
4 - Is more unique to pathfinder
5 - Would be an amazing class to solo the game, due being INT based(skill monkey) and with Hexes

S.torch

Arbiter
'1dcd'? Where the fuck did you get that from?

I just made that up. I think is the dice thing.

'1dcd'? What? If you wanna understand the basic rules, is simple for melee. You roll an dice(D20), add to your BAB, if is greater than enemy AC, you hit, if not, you missed. If you hit, then you roll the damage. D6 means damage from 1 to 6. +1 weapons increases the chance to hit and damage, +2 increase in a factor of two. D8 means 1~8. D20, 1~20. Against spells, there are more rules, saves, spell resistance, DC, etc but they are not hard to understand. Just read a little.

So D20 is a dice. Where I can read the rest of the rules?

Cael

Arcane

SRD d20, hilariously enough

deuxhero

Arcane
Call of the Wild is a work in progress. Familiar issues are part of the base game.

That's the D&D 3.5 SRD, not the Pathfinder one. There's a lot of differences. All of the classes (except Monk) are different and some mechanics (combat manuvers) work differently just off the top of my head.

Cael

Arcane
Call of the Wild is a work in progress. Familiar issues are part of the base game.

That's the D&D 3.5 SRD, not the Pathfinder one. There's a lot of differences. All of the classes (except Monk) are different and some mechanics (combat manuvers) work differently just off the top of my head.
I know, and there is a reason why I sent him there.
It makes paiturd fanbois butthurt ;)

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
One more question. On the DLC companion, there are an companion quest where i need to find "sweet teeth", but i have no clue about who and where i should go. Where this guy is located?

Cael

Arcane
One more question. On the DLC companion, there are an companion quest where i need to find "sweet teeth", but i have no clue about who and where i should go. Where this guy is located?
Find a kid munching on candy and punch his teeth out.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
1 - There are no pure arcane companion(Octavia has 1 rogue level), note that there are 2 cleric companions

Eh, it annoys me a little that people bring this up so often. Sure, she has the rogue level cause she's set up to become an Arcane Trickster. By far the best Prestige Class if you're at least somewhat interested in dealing damage as a caster.
It's just 1 caster level lost and the gains are huge, particularly after AT 10.

She is a fantastic arcane caster IMO. Could have a little more Con and her Spell School Specialization is not that great, but overall a great character and a great asset to a party.

Codex Year of the Donut

Eh, it annoys me a little that people bring this up so often. Sure, she has the rogue level cause she's set up to become an Arcane Trickster. By far the best Prestige Class if you're at least somewhat interested in dealing damage as a caster.

She is a fantastic arcane caster IMO. Could have a little more Con and her Spell School Specialization is not that great, but overall a great character and a great asset to a party.
The problem isn't that she's setup to be an arcane trickster, it's that there's no pure arcane companion.
If I had to guess, they planned on making Bartholomew a companion.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

The problem isn't that she's setup to be an arcane trickster, it's that there's no pure arcane companion.

She still has the same spell access as a sorcerer of her level. I really fail to see the issue.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Cephal is the best arcane companion in the game.

Made him Arcane Trickster and Octavia Eldritch Archer (in the main). Got tired of micromanaging his Grease Pits of Death. Summoning is a dece way to not die, but it feels like playing that oldtime electric football game where the field shakes and players run in random directions.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath

She still has the same spell access as a sorcerer of her level. I really fail to see the issue.

One level is more or less dead weight and further hurts her already iffy BAB. More than one and she’s no longer pure caster.

deuxhero

Arcane

I was actually surprised to learn he was a Wizard during that one fight he's present for. Dialog indicated more of an alchemist to me.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom