Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Ramnozack

Cipher
Patron
Hello everyone,

I'm a newbie to the cRPG genre and I was wondering if this game is right for me. So far, I have only played Fallout, Shadowrun: Dragonfall, Dragon age: Origins and Pillars of Eternity 2, and I liked all of them, my favorite was Shadowrun. How hard is the game compared to these games? Also, does it have a lot of frustrating design choices? From what i've read people dont seem to like the backtracking and the slow walking speed, is that fixed? How long will it take me to go through the game? Also, is there a lot of situations where you dont know where to go and are just exploring until you stumble onto something that progresses the game?

Thank you in advance.

just pirate and try it out dude
How dare you. This poor Serb spent 3 years in a cave making this game and you wont even put out 30 shekels to buy pure incline.

Latro

Arcane
shotty build beginning to take off, my grenadier shotgunner is fun as heck. i have mountains of molotovs, nets, flashbangs, and smoke nades for any situation. should probably invest in electronics to build some EMP nades but I could just buy those. i have pathetic initiative, but nothing starting up combat mode before opening a door cannot fix.

Tigranes

Arcane
Hello everyone,

I'm a newbie to the cRPG genre and I was wondering if this game is right for me. So far, I have only played Fallout, Shadowrun: Dragonfall, Dragon age: Origins and Pillars of Eternity 2, and I liked all of them, my favorite was Shadowrun. How hard is the game compared to these games? Also, does it have a lot of frustrating design choices? From what i've read people dont seem to like the backtracking and the slow walking speed, is that fixed? How long will it take me to go through the game? Also, is there a lot of situations where you dont know where to go and are just exploring until you stumble onto something that progresses the game?

Thank you in advance.

It's a more hardcore RPG than those latter three, but not by some preposterous degree, and once you get into it you'll be rewarded with a far superior combat experience in particular. Many Codexers consider Underrail one of the best CRPGs, period.

It's going to be more grounded and sombre than the spectacular 'epic' of especially DAO. In many ways its design sensibilities will be more true to Fallout than the other three you've played. The slow walking speeds are now mitigated with an in-game speedup option similar to POE. It's not a very expensive game at all. Get it!

Tygrende

Arbiter
is that language based on something in real life or just gibberish?
It's like an amalgamation of different slavic languages. I can recognize a few words from my own language and make at least a bit of sense out of most of it. All of it has actual meaning, none is gibberish. The same goes for the language savages use.

Parabalus

Arcane
Are there plenty of Q185 stuff in the expansion content? Did find any yet in the base game, upto Institute.
No, the highest quality components I could find before DC with Expedition were around 150, with the exception of super steel that goes up to 160. They could be that high in DC, maybe, but that's very unreliable and imo not worth spending points for. They also could be a bit higher before DC with mercantile, but I wouldn't know.

I found up to 160 before DC, that's standard for pre-XP. The tables on the wiki got increased to 185, might be found in DC then.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
which vendors without mercantile give highest quality crafting stuff? Mainly interested in cloth, padding and electronics

From what I can dimly recall, you'll tend to find the best stuff in Core City and Foundry. The electronics shop in Junkyard is also good, the faction vendors (one of them, anyway) is good for stocking up on compounds for manufacturing explosives, and I think the surgeon in Junkyard occasionally sells high-quality psi components.

Also, I believe most of the merchants in the game get a stock upgrade after a certain point, or maybe it's just SGS.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
speaking of sneaky 3 con builds with no defenses, here is beautiful carnage left by my thrower
y4mSYjnbXo3R1Sk1KE-FysnzJiC4cLrMQHTbo_2FpyGagT_DGXhJFJTWqQElKTOID6bTs1wjH94wtSsH4yBPWjIjzJeeToJIytysC446HlCkRqqxFEYPL1bPwtWtgdmRLLBimfoPu-Eov0YPpFqBpesRjiERFRUcchFWykxvyaueY4rbYjHtM25W7B42gwb8EhwWt7uRl0RW0vjR8XyFqezXQ

there was only single trap laid out.

in a month maybe i will reach dlc content
Can you post your thrower build? I tried playing one and it was woefully ineffective. What difficulty was this on?

hilfazer

Scholar
which vendors without mercantile give highest quality crafting stuff? Mainly interested in cloth, padding and electronics

For black cloth and padding it's Harold and Derica. Maybe Lucas and Beckett too. Chance is low so visit them often. For electronics it's Investigator Kiro of Tchortists, Buzzer and a shop of secret organization. Halim and Coretech merchant aren't bad either.
For blast cloth visit Oscar.

Tigranes

Arcane
*roll shotgun build*

*go to armoury, answer YES, YOU MOTHERFUCKER, GIVE ME A STARTING SHOTGUN*

*realise that is still a joke option from back in the day*

:negative:

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
*roll shotgun build*

It isn't. If you have high enough persuasion you get a unique shotgun called "Shoddy Shotty".

Tygrende

Arbiter

For black cloth and padding it's Harold and Derica. Maybe Lucas and Beckett too. Chance is low so visit them often. For electronics it's Investigator Kiro of Tchortists, Buzzer and a shop of secret organization. Halim and Coretech merchant aren't bad either.
For blast cloth visit Oscar.
Ezra can have surprisingly good electronics, too. At least after tchortists get the Cube.

Tigranes

Arcane
*roll shotgun build*

It isn't. If you have high enough persuasion you get a unique shotgun called "Shoddy Shotty".

Wait what? I tried rolling with 15 Pers and it wasn't enough. Maybe you need something like 20 with INT bonus?!

Here I come you gun hoarding motherfucker get ready to be fellated

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
It seems that the oculas quest is still bugged lol.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom