Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Popiel

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Fallout 4 with Horse Armor DLC
ChIcevY.png

CD0ScSf.png

eJ5ZF9V.png

aTD23FC.png

dDQNKk1.png

orjEJI7.png

34guAt9.png

DrbiZuJ.png

o3qVrdG.png

gs6ql8V.png

d6vQRlD.png

5VbIPel.png

TyIwYQa.png

k1CCMkx.png

Xca97xc.png

Pnbh42n.png

UH3hFZa.png

jcYgFS6.png

g870y5F.jpg
Wait...

What?

shywn

Savant
G.O.D - Mezameyo to yobu koe ga kikoe...

There's a bath in Nagasakitown where a man hints that you can get to the ladies' side by swimming through the water flowing in through the lion's head.

You're supposed to hit a button on your controller repeatedly, and have a time limit of 20 seconds.

The first time you do it, there's one granny bathing.
The second time you do it, there are two grannies bathing.
The third time you do it, there are three grannies bathing.
The fourth time you do it, there are four grannies bathing.
The fifth time you do it, you find...

P1nevCJ.png

Yep. Fourteen grannies bathing.

Ivan

Arcane
An ultimately disappointing experience, but I'm still glad I took it. Its heart is in the right place and I look forward to the devs honing their craft in future titles. :salute:
827AAB123C61E8A53DB4250C22494EB0B44807A0

This is why we invest in Speech, so we learn to convince folks by saying "pretty please"
F8E5C70FE3A5EE86565FDA3D0B51C5DBA54C2313

lulz
A9DA6EDD7D44A4BA16D5C20B6AAD876C02FAFBD0

:love:
836687FD1711043720377A06EEB6E6DC118E2562

:negative:
DAFB52E5857931EF67015A340C04E15AF6E482E1

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
201907251728051.jpg

:philosoraptor:

201907271100301.jpg

oof

201907281331431.jpg

'please forgive us for the whoopass, masters, let's all just get along'

you should always be prepared for whoopass around every corner when living the life of a xia

201907281345101.jpg

case in point, this definitely looks like whoopass in the making

201907281347231.jpg

BANG

201907281349401.jpg

DANCE FOR ME

201907281412401.jpg

victory was never in doubt :obviously:

201907281412581.jpg

wow this is shitty for some supposed legendary sword :rpgcodex:

201907281416081.jpg

i'd rather have one of those

spekkio

Arcane
jTkVFO1.jpg

That's what I call "a storage". :smug:

6JLhDMH.jpg

No free lunches? Not this time...

w0S7MDp.jpg

:obviously:

rqtJi9Z.jpg

Bonfire lit! ;)

93JIXt9.jpg

Fuckin' robots, mang. :(

bFBvu8C.jpg

:obviously:

lva1OJj.jpg

Repeat offender? :lol:

Todo: choke some fanatics, kill a god.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
dosbox_li0smbzxsrduj93.png

:shredder:

dosbox_6aco9byeuyr9jjb.png

dosbox_ogfjo81qpeu2k3m.png

The Quagmire is full of illusion walls, and is really infested with tough enemies. From the top - Murk Elementals are resistant to physical and magical fire attacks. Beast of Trungs are collosal toads, and they have ton of hit points. Mirelurks aren't a real threat if there is only a single one of them, but they are in small groups and move quickly so they can hurt you if you don't pay attention.

dosbox_vppbcrk6zn2hj5l.png

I need to find something to cut down a branch from this magical tree that is needed to make chest for Dark Slag artifact that will be used to kill the Warlord.

dosbox_fo2pni8n5c6zkwc.png

A talking sword? To have it, you need to gather enough gold coins to "bribe" each hand holding it. With that, you can grab some of that sweet magical tree. No other item will work. Oh, and Soul Wrought is a really powerful weapon. In fact, swords and slashing are the most OP in the entire game. There is only one stronger sword that can be found later on.

dosbox_3dhwx9xqas6njm1.png

The Warlords stronghold is being guarded by Cacofiends, which are rather rare and use magic.

dosbox_p6xyfaxito60kxz.png

Wither Priests aren't strong and their magical attacks due to their small numbers aren't really dangerous.

dosbox_3eeiquv6faypkvy.png

Unlike this enemy. Braid Stone will take a lot of time to beat. The Fire Mountain, where I am at the moment has a sub level, but it is so hot down there that you will die after receiving damage from all the heat. There is a special magical artifact that will neutralize the deadly effect, but it's not easy to find.

dosbox_z43lne4nu6kpk4i.png

dosbox_yiktcno1j1n7ko3.png

The lone dwarf makes the chest after finding him in the sub level.

dosbox_pikl6p2oi6luk5h.png

Back at the Warlords stronghold I confront the Castellan who imprisoned another hero from the beginning. Daganoth being weakened, promises to fight for our enemy. But he is quickly killed and I beat him up quickly thanks to the sword.

dosbox_6tydtllwy3fbk5n.png

dosbox_87pkorem3x6bjiz.png

Finally, this is the thing that we need. All those magic trinkets and items are being fused together.

dosbox_q9ex97yi7gnhjd2.png

:smug:

dosbox_1e0x0afwgdmyk3s.png

Anvil of Dawn. This is it, the final dungeon. What is interesting, is that there are invisible walls and you need to learn how to navigate through the area. Oh, and these big boys, Ice Worms are hiding in the smaller rooms. This is the ultimate weapon against us, ton of HP and they can quickly kill you. The layout of this place makes it possible a couple of times to avoid them, thanks to some paths hidden behind the illusive walls.

dosbox_vlpuoag3jpaqkq4.png

The Warlord is waiting patiently. We don't fight with him, but have a nice little chat. He even offer us a place in his army!
Depending on what and how we do it, we can see one of the four endings. I won't spoil it, since they are signalized earlier and they aren't hard to guess.

Of course I've refused the Warlord's proposal and tossed myself into the pit to end the nightmare of Tempest lands.

dosbox_huvedelbyg3ckm7.png

dosbox_ji4aoplctth1j2x.png

dosbox_zpyvekrucf79kbi.png

dosbox_iivildiknd8zkd2.png

:dance:

Anvil of Dawn is one of those games that start without a big blast, but after first dungeon it takes off and it's a great journey. The presentation is really good. While the decorations and walls aren't something remarkable, they are blending nicely with a wide variety of enemies. They look great, although the moving animation isn't smooth even for the 90's standards. The music builds a proper mood and is creating a good background for dungeon crawling.

The tone is a mix of grimdark and cartoon for the older viewers, but nothing cheerful. Since it's a blobber, the number of the characters, that we will have chance to meet is limited but that wasn't a problem for me. While the interface and automap was excellent, I didn't like venturing outside, which makes the game feel like a Myst clone, where you move through the paths made by developers and need to find a perfect combination to finally be able to enter a new area. This is mostly felt at the beginning, but later on it creates some unnecessary problems. As I mentioned early, it's good to keep some rocks just in case there is some puzzle to solve. Usually they can be found in each area, but sometimes you need more to grab extra loot. The optional places that we can find out, if you are 100 % complectionist aren't very hard. You need to keep attention to the environment, be ready for some traps and check the automap if needed.

The version from GOG works like a charm without any problems, so if you have a chance I recommend trying it for something with less micro managing.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
201907281756441.jpg

Dammit, Boreale.

201907291724471.jpg

"old biconditional gate brother" :lol:

201907291739111.jpg

You're as repulsive as a monkey in a negligee!

201907291739201.jpg

201907291739251.jpg

:lol:

201907291739591.jpg

degeneracy begets whoopass

201907291740451.jpg

the ruffian never stood a chance

201907291743241.jpg

JC%20Denton.png
Just another parasite.

The Red Knight

Erudite
Wait...

What?
I've found it on Itch while browsing the RPG tag there.

Initially it feels quite like a metroidvania with elements of survival resource management, but from reading a bit on it the structure appears to be more like story maps (that you have little reason to visit after clearing them, maybe to look for missed secret passages or locked loot containers) mixed with randomly generated locations for grinding that unlock at some points, and town hubs to get missions and use services.

Melee combat is fast-paced and can get rather hectic. It's easy to get killed and at the same time you should choose right weapons for encounters - some enemies have resistances to particular damage types or are armored and using wrong damage type on them is wasting ammo and giving them more time to kill you. Ranged hit chance is based on character skills, movement, weapon types and their condition - not only aiming in the general direction of your target. There is something like V.A.T.S. where you spend action points to pause and choose a target to shoot, but I haven't used it so no comment on it.

Weapons and consumables can be hotkeyed or scrolled through with mouse wheel. You can hide items you don't want to show on that scrolling list.

At least in the early areas, ammo is easy to run out of if you don't alternate guns with melee weapons, and you're not guaranteed to find enough ammo to stick to the better guns. Finding a weapon you already have increases its condition a bit instead of giving you a hundredth hunting rifle for trading.

There's no S.P.E.C.I.A.L. Utility skills like repair seem useful and affect the availability of perks. Lockpicking and hacking can jam the lock on fail (some locked containers still can be destroyed for worse loot) and is tiered so you can't save-scum better locks without investing into relevant skills. Some weapons like dynamite can destroy most walls.

Getting killed respawns you at a checkpoint (the TV screen with a purple star in one of the screenshots) with about as much health you had when flagging it, inflicting a wound (haven't gotten to the story point of getting the damaged health display fixed so I'm not sure how crippling these are), and hurts bragging rights by increasing your respawn counter. Killed enemies and emptied containers don't seem to reset on death.

Some objects you can stand on can be moved around (but not carried to another room/screen segment; this drains your mana because horses don't have hands and you have to use telekinesis) and stacked to access otherwise unreachable areas. There are secret areas and areas requiring platforming to pass through.

Can be played in a browser or downloaded. The browser version on the author's site comes with additional Chinese and Polish translations.

TL;DR you can kill ponies.
A6rQn91.png

This demo is just a walking simulator showcasing the world generation. The 0.5.1 demo is about exploring ancient ruins (ziggurats) filled with traps and randomly generated puzzles. The 0.8 demo with NPCs should be out soon-ish according to the author.
Lv66v8V.png

NE38G4m.png

j3DVMlu.png

uxZM8x6.png

GMVHP6S.png

xO2HhPJ.png
UYnpbGr.png

IMWmyH0.png

6n1UlAM.png

M4aOYY7.png

lHnIMTE.png

4On63e8.png

xyUUqbC.png

Odlhmpx.png

lVwz7Jl.png
Ultima Ratio Regum 0.5.1
I mistyped batch cropping dimensions and so the right and bottom edges of these screenshots are missing.
Hb0yalp.png

esvAIHw.png

IhtXmhE.png

rrspGWM.png

yGgi67e.png

8adpFy2.png

DVPO5Hb.png

yMQDLY9.png

75sWFXk.png

jRDLCks.png

Some things from in-game encyclopedia:
mDo6WZw.png

E1sNmT7.png

tqdXHtE.png

q1RBUWN.png

9itbAVM.png

Unknown ruins with locked entrance:
GDR7940.png

Various traps. Walking into a few of them is usually enough to kill you and not all can be disarmed.
WNgKrBO.png

M5qMtD0.png

owNZt9k.png

ottoIjB.png

24OZG2b.png

AFTWVwV.png

9BHvIT2.png

Healing items:
2l7QYsn.png

Applying sutures:
TNGuVbr.png

uSNIcjQ.png

El72E9R.png

KCP6yA8.png

q2bjVCA.png

A Sokoban puzzle near the top of the ziggurat. There are pushable blocks with symbols drawn on them, an area where you should put them and some riddles telling you which ones to use and how they should be arranged. Most riddles are easy to figure out but I got a few more cryptic ones too.
sE00l1q.png

7V0pQus.png

IIyXTzB.png

QmOTIO9.png

The reward for solving the puzzle:
BNOmcE4.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom