Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Jezal_k23

Uh, does it bother anyone else that your name can't be capitalized?

Sundevil96

Educated
started a new game to test a new build and it has overwritten all my old saves? why the fuck isnt there a set of saves per character?

FUCK this game. :negative:

I still have saves from 2015 and only started playing the game again on Monday. I have no idea what you did...

Black Angel

Arcane
Wait what? I tried rolling with 15 Pers and it wasn't enough. Maybe you need something like 20 with INT bonus?!

20 persuasion

It sucks and has no re-sale value. But still better than pistols/smg early though
Huh? What do you mean? That its monetary value is nonexistent, or that Lucas at the time won't buy it from you?

I got it by convincing Lucas and immediately sells it for some money because I'm playing a PSI character.

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Starting a fresh save was the right decision, being able to play the new builds from the start is pretty important.

Sykar

Arcane
*roll shotgun build*

*go to armoury, answer YES, YOU MOTHERFUCKER, GIVE ME A STARTING SHOTGUN*

*realise that is still a joke option from back in the day*

:negative:
It isn't. If you have high enough persuasion you get a unique shotgun called "Shoddy Shotty".

Wait what? I tried rolling with 15 Pers and it wasn't enough. Maybe you need something like 20 with INT bonus?!

Here I come you gun hoarding motherfucker get ready to be fellated

Persuasion scales with willpower and yes, you need 20 effective level for the shotty iirc.

roshan

Arcane
Hi guys, is parry an actually useful feat for a knifer build? Trying to decide between parry, weaponsmith, vile weaponry or expertise. This is for the 4th level feat.

I currently have nimble, opportunist and recklessness. The next feats I get should be cheap shots, ripper and critical power.

Last edited:

Jezal_k23

I don't know if Parry on its own is worth it. Parry/Riposte is probably what makes it worth it long term. That said, I haven't tested this yet, it just seems a really powerful combination from the descriptions.

roshan

Arcane
Hmmm. What about weaponsmith, vile weaponry or expertise? The problem is that after this all the great feats open up, cheap shots, fancy footwork, critical power, taste for blood, ripper... So I won't be able to revisit any of these early feats and it will have a long but subtle impact on how much of the game plays out for me.

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here

20 persuasion

It sucks and has no re-sale value. But still better than pistols/smg early though
Huh? What do you mean? That its monetary value is nonexistent, or that Lucas at the time won't buy it from you?

I got it by convincing Lucas and immediately sells it for some money because I'm playing a PSI character.

Its worth 100, so 10 credits... basically worthless.

But yea its probably the best choice for your first gun based on pure DPS, tho shotgun ammo is expensive.

I am starting a shotty guy with low WIL so I may have to try and level up once without a gun just so I can get persuade to 20 for it.

Parabalus

Arcane
Question about a certain native:

I found Yngwar and got the rune, and he left for the monolith. What am I supposed to do with the rune? The Ferryman and Doc don't seem interested, I only just did the mutie island though.

I’ve heard some people mention there are psi boosting weapons now, is that something you can craft or is it only on unique items?

You can get them withing 5 minutes of stepping foot into expedition. The weaker you'll find in the base, for the stronger one you'll know where they are, but you can immediately go for it.

roshan

Arcane
share your full feats selection, usually weaponsmith is mandatory unless you decide to go without crafting

EDIT: btw what happened to crawlers? 40hp regen now along with quite beefy defenses? Was shrugging ambush with poisoned bear trap, mk3 grenades and constant knife throw. In the end friendly pack of rathounds helped me...
I can tell you now 1 crawler > 9 alpha rathounds, but barely

My starting stats: STR 3, CON 3, PER 3, DEX 10, AGI 10, INT 6, RES 5. All extra points into DEX.

I currently have:
- Nimble
- Opportunist
- Recklessness

I don't know if it was a mistake to take Nimble instead of Expertise - what do you think?

The fourth level I have a choice between weaponsmith, vile weaponry, expertise, parry. I'm currently inclined to go with weaponsmith since without expertise I need to max out my critical chance as much as possible.

The next feats, I know exactly what to get:
Level 6 - Cheap Shots
Level 8 - Ripper
Level 10 - Fancy Footwork

Level 12 is another confusing one - there's cut throat, taste for blood, blitz as well as any of the feats in consideration for the level 4 slot.

Level 14 is obvious - critical power!

Playing in Hard mode BTW.

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Jesus christ jet skis are slow.

Am I doing something wrong? Because they actually travel at a speed of basically zero

Unwanted

Elephantman

Unwanted
You know how noobs cry about Depot A?
But its completely trivial with doors and traps.
Yet I have not seen noobs cry about Hathor mine. Probably because they dont make it that far...
For chars without stealth can be deadlocked inside of it. You come out and the whole fucking map respawed all the burrowers and you have no door, no way to move around, no way to win the fight, no way to abuse initiative. You be starving inside the mine...
4phIWGJ.png

Is this intentional?

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
started a new game to test a new build and it has overwritten all my old saves? why the fuck isnt there a set of saves per character?

FUCK this game. :negative:

I still have saves from 2015 and only started playing the game again on Monday. I have no idea what you did...

do you still have them after creating a new character and going through parts of the game? I don't see any way to load a profile/character, the only options are "autosave, autosave (previous)" and "quicksave, quicksave (previous)"

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Old font - when?

I can't promise the original old font, but at some point I plan to release a font mod that restores the sense of atmosphere lost when the old font was swapped for a shitty version of Courier to satisfy half-blind mole people.

Ah, the good old days, when the font was vaguely cyberpunk, there was no map to aid Millennials lacking all sense of direction, and getting to and fro actually required a significant time investment.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom