Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Exactly, the respawn is on the flood trigger imo.
I think, it's actually different thing - when you drown the burrowers, first area respawns anyway. At least I think so.
That's odd. I did things backwards on my Expedition playthrough so the ones outside never got a chance to respawn. I know drowning the mines never used to respawn them, but maybe it's an Expedition change? It's so hard to be confident about things now.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Look, I know that talking with person like you is pointless, but I can playing the game without any map and thought that it will be just a nice realistic detail to world. But NOOO, you decided that somehow your ideas about realism is more superior than mine, even though you have no arguments at all. Your view on game-design isn't better than mine, quit being asshole.

It is pointless, because you're full of shit and I've watched people just like you making terrible realism-based arguments just like yours for nearly two decades. Your foremost concern is defending a feature you like, not the believability of the game world.

But yeah, I'm sure you're totally not like the other girls. Maps just so happened to be the first things that came to mind in your genuine quest for believability. :lol:

You: "Muh feelings"

This is rich coming from the guy who feels that adding maps is the best way to make the game world more believable.

This is cold logic, by the way, and not "feelings" or in any way subjective:

An automap that tells you exactly where you are interferes with the sense of exploration for the same reason that a hint book full of solutions will interfere with the enjoyment of a puzzle or adventure game.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I just finished every side quest in the original game and only the thvor university remained. So i decided that is time for my 26 level dude to go on a expedition. 5 minutes in and already want to decapitate the dick that is hiring me. The balls of that chad,threatening the invictus lol. Also 30 level cap feel perfect for the base game,it is shame that it wasn't in the original.

I'm thinking you might stomp the content at level 26. And then stomp DC too later at level 30.
Ahhh i am still using the equipment i found at level 15,so who knows. I am more interesting in exploration and finding new story things. Don't really care about the combat as in every other rpg,it becomes stomping after you get level 5-10 and build your char.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Are people finding
rift locations for the Dude
in the Black Sea? Found plenty around the Lower Caves but not so many on the other map
Nah,i will wait for list on that. Don't have the patient to around the whole underrail pixel huntig.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Alright, I give up, nobody seems willing to explain it: What the fuck does GMS stand for?

From the Wiki:

9f1feb5581.png

The G definitely stands for "Gamma."

M could plausibly stand for mining, monitoring, medical, manufacturing, or other.

S could plausibly stand for station, syndicate, or other.

My best guess is Gamma Mining Station. "Station" and "compound" are redundant, but if Gamma Mining Station was a greater entity than just the compound alone (not unlike SGS), then it still makes sense.

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
Maps just so happened to be the first things that came to mind in your genuine quest for believability. :lol:
Speleology motherfucker, do you heard about it? It's cross discipline about study of caves thats includes CARTOGRAPHY of said caves. Since we already have Chemistry, Biology, Mechanics and etc (which also part of speleology at some extent), we can have MANY quests based on exploration and research of caves in tunnels. It can be literary anything, from analysis of flora and fauna/search for minerals to just exploring area and noting interesting details. And all that these quests is need is premise to exists and "cartographic society that need update maps/making new" is solid and reasonable. Or you will argue that game shouldn't have more use for science than crafting?

This is cold logic, by the way, and not "feelings" or in any way subjective:
Sorry, but retarded assumptions that people have hidden agenda behind pointing out on absence maps cannot be part of logical process to any normal human. Also it's funny to read about cold logic from someone who rated my post "retarded" in heat of his own butthurt.

conan_edw

Arbiter
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
After installation I tried launching it but it's stuck on "Loading" bar, did anyone run into this?

Edit: Validating the files seems to not have an effect.

Last edited:

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Is there actually a way to make silent kills, or are silencers just flat-out useless? The wiki suggests that there's such a thing as "stealth assassination", but I'm currently doing the GMS Compound, the raiders are non-hostile after my assurances, but as soon as I take one of them out silently, they are all aggroed anyway, presumably sharing the same psionic network as Oblivion law enforcement.

Edit: Apparently, not even placing traps when out of sight works, despite the assurances of the indicator that tells me I'm in an uncontrolled zone and "Setting traps or planting explosives out of sight cannot be traced to you". They walk into a trap? Entire gang aggroed.

Alright, I give up, nobody seems willing to explain it: What the fuck does GMS stand for?

From the Wiki:

9f1feb5581.png

M could plausibly stand for mining, monitoring, medical, manufacturing, or other.

My best guess is Gamma Mining Station. "Station" and "compound" are redundant, but if Gamma Mining Station was a greater entity than just the compound alone (not unlike SGS), then it still makes sense.
After a long time of the game seemingly just assuming that I knew what it meant, there was finally someone I could ask "What does GMS stand for?", and it turns out that nobody actually knows. Neat. Seems like a natural question that you should be able to ask the first time you hear it, not two quests and several hours later.

Last edited:

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Sorry, but retarded assumptions that people have hidden agenda behind pointing out on absence maps cannot be part of logical process to any normal human.

There's nothing hidden about your agenda. Prior to the implementation of a map, your fellow decline enablers gave it away by producing hundreds of forum posts and Steam reviews whining that Underrail was too difficult for them to navigate without a map.

Also, it's extremely common for people to lie and dissemble when pushing their personal agenda, especially when trying to win some gay argument on the Internet. I have my own agenda, naturally, but I have no need to conceal it, because I never asked for a crutch feature and therefore have nothing shameful to hide.

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
There's nothing hidden about your agenda. Prior to the implementation of a map, your fellow decline enablers gave it away by producing hundreds of forum posts and Steam reviews whining that Underrail was too difficult for them to navigate without a map.

Also, it's extremely common for people to lie and dissemble when pushing their personal agenda, especially when trying to win some gay argument on the Internet. I have my own agenda, naturally, but I have no need to conceal it, because I never asked for a crutch feature and therefore have nothing shameful to hide.
Your brain is too small for realizing that people have different opinions on stuff and not all people who disagree with you is part of one group? You are really retarded, your nonsensical rambling is most retarded shit on Codex today.

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet
What's the solution to this
rbOdOPJ.jpg

Ok let me put it this way:
The riddle is about addition. You can put in three different lines. You have to do this process three times.

I hope this was helpful. If not I can give you more hints or the solution outright if you so wish.
Yeah, just reloaded a save and solved the riddle. Very nice one, thanks a lot, and also cheers to Styg and co for brain-stimulating riddle :salute:

The main issue wasn't the lack of maps but that the game was so hard to map manually. They had to add additional areas just to make the map work.
Eh, not really. The game wasn't hard to map manually, but as Blaine pointed out, having an actual in-game map makes the irrational/impossible zone connection sticks like a sore thumb. This has been rectified by Styg and co, however, and as one can see from bringing up the maps, it all makes sense now.

I liked the map as it is, but I still think it could be done better. You know those plans oddities? Like the ones for the Foundry and Core City? I still think Styg should've made that once you completed collecting this oddity, a special in-game map as items for Core City and the Foundry respectively should've been added to our character's inventory, ones that if we use it, it shows a concept art-like maps like, say, Valley of Mines map for Gothic
latest
Blaine this

kinzadza

Scholar
Is there actually a way to make silent kills, or are silencers just flat-out useless? The wiki suggests that there's such a thing as "stealth assassination", but I'm currently doing the GMS Compound, the raiders are non-hostile after my assurances, but as soon as I take one of them out silently, they are all aggroed anyway, presumably sharing the same psionic network as Oblivion law enforcement.

Edit: Apparently, not even placing traps when out of sight works, despite the assurances of the indicator that tells me I'm in an uncontrolled zone and "Setting traps or planting explosives out of sight cannot be traced to you". They walk into a trap? Entire gang aggroed.

From the Wiki:

9f1feb5581.png

After a long time of the game seemingly just assuming that I knew what it meant, there was finally someone I could ask "What does GMS stand for?", and it turns out that nobody actually knows. Neat. Seems like a natural question that you should be able to ask the first time you hear it, not two quests and several hours later.

You have to kill them before they make a sound. Same goes for traps.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
So i am a bit confused. Are there timed quests in the expansion???

So i just got to rest and then the professor got kidnapped. I am confused since before that i got a message from the radio that he needed me to explore X,i had to reload a previous save and didn't do that. Also the military dude wanted to give me some camp security work but i said that i want to go to the city,and he didn't talk to me about the jobs after that. Are those missed quests or something???

Tigranes

Arcane
Schopenhauer the Shotgun Man is only level 6 and in the junkyard so far.

Took him till level 3 to get Shoddy Shotty with 3 WIL killing the Persuasion score, and then built myself a proper shotgun at junkyard, but it was still worth it. Still figuring out the spread rules etc. in terms of how to angle and bunch to hit, say, an onrushing horde of rathounds.

Temporal plays a bit weirdly with a mobile shotgunner right now, because the basic ability requires you to withstand 2 turns of enemy fire until it triggers. We'll see how it pans out, but it immediately makes me think that a full PSI build with the stun / freeze options are going to have a field day with Temporal (what with its cooldown reduction ability as well).

Tygrende

Arbiter
So i am a bit confused. Are there timed quests in the expansion???

So i just got to rest and then the professor got kidnapped. I am confused since before that i got a message from the radio that he needed me to explore X,i had to reload a previous save and didn't do that. Also the military dude wanted to give me some camp security work but i said that i want to go to the city,and he didn't talk to me about the jobs after that. Are those missed quests or something???
Don't rush saving the professor. Take your time dude, trust me. You have all the time in the world.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Temporal plays a bit weirdly with a mobile shotgunner right now, because the basic ability requires you to withstand 2 turns of enemy fire until it triggers. We'll see how it pans out, but it immediately makes me think that a full PSI build with the stun / freeze options are going to have a field day with Temporal (what with its cooldown reduction ability as well).

Psybrid builds are definitely challenge mode in this game. Your health gets severely nerfed; your skill, stat, and feat picks become heavily strained or diluted; and you won't enjoy the same synergy (both skill boost-wise and practically speaking) as a pure psi guy.

I'd like to see someone run a psybrid build that also invests in Dodge and Evasion. Man, that would be a treat.

That said, Temporal Manipulation offers a nice haste buff that can be extended with one feat, which frankly is by far the most impressive portion of TM's ability roster and probably the most compelling reason to go psybrid. Of course, the psionic mentor to learn it is probably hidden in an endgame area.

Sykar

Arcane

Psybrid builds are definitely challenge mode in this game. Your health gets severely nerfed; your skill, stat, and feat picks become heavily strained or diluted; and you won't enjoy the same synergy (both skill boost-wise and practically speaking) as a pure psi guy.

I'd like to see someone run a psybrid build that also invests in Dodge and Evasion. Man, that would be a treat.

That said, Temporal Manipulation offers a nice haste buff that can be extended with one feat, which frankly is by far the most impressive portion of TM's ability roster and probably the most compelling reason to go psybrid. Of course, the psionic mentor to learn it is probably hidden in an endgame area.

My first PSI/Sniper did this, ditching crafting completely. Worked ok on hard but AFW and Black Arrow are not that great.

Haste can be bought in Rail Crossing from Doc, same as Berserk.

Yeah, stealth kills are possible, though I prefer to use TC for it. I can take out for example most of the mall un Upper Underrail when recovering the statue for the Tchortists. It is much more reliable on Hard though due to significantly less enemies.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom