Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Whorecraft: Battle for Asseroth

GreyViper

Prophet
"Water Strider Nerf
Because of the dominance of Water Strider, they are removing its ability to walk on water according to T&E. However as Blizzard clarified, if you have the mount equipment system unlocked, you can use the equipment on level 20 characters."

I smell Activision behind this. https://www.wowhead.com/news=291153...g-and-new-mounts-in-patch-8-2-rise-of-azshara

GreyViper

Prophet
So what were people saying before BFA launched? Garrosh v2.0 of MoP I think was thrown around, but hey instead of invading Ogrimmar, there is a secret base under Undercity.
Here is all you need to know without having to play it.

Angthoron

Arcane
Well at least the Green Talking Pickle isn't wearing those ridiculous red balls anymore.

I can stomach Orc Messiah if he doesn't at least dress like a total idiot.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
They're more or less recycling the exact same story from a few years ago just with a word swap on the names. Sylvy will be the final boss, which will lead directly into the next expansion; she travels back in time to form the Iron Forsaken which invades the world. I hope you're ready for World of WarCraft: Deathlords of Azeroth!

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
They're more or less recycling the exact same story from a few years ago just with a word swap on the names. Sylvy will be the final boss, which will lead directly into the next expansion; she travels back in time to form the Iron Forsaken which invades the world. I hope you're ready for World of WarCraft: Deathlords of Azeroth!
Blizz said Sylvana will not be a boss.

Pika-Cthulhu

Arcane
Its going to be retarded, something like the Titan Azeroth is corrupted by Nzoth and only Sylvanus can heal it with a noble sacrifice and power of wahmen, she was the good guy all along, all hail wahmen. She finally gets peace, no horrible hell dimension but comforting embrace of Titan Azeroth.

That, but more retarded

Aildrik

Savant
I always wondered where Blizzard would take WoW after the defeat of Sargeras and the answer, loudly and clearly, is that Blizzard doesn't have any fucking idea where to go. If they did, we wouldn't have gotten an expansion like BfA.

Reever

Scholar
Patron
I always wondered where Blizzard would take WoW after the defeat of Sargeras and the answer, loudly and clearly, is that Blizzard doesn't have any fucking idea where to go. If they did, we wouldn't have gotten an expansion like BfA.
Sargeras' death should've been the end, but the money keeps rolling so why not just throw shit at the wall and see what sticks. Metzen was running out of ideas ever since before WoD (you can technically point towards Cata but there were still glimmers of creativity in there) and now you have that hack Christie Golden that can't even respect the source material, let alone create something interesting with it.

Keshik

Arcane
Well they had to add the Void Lord power creep. Glad they didn't rip off the Chaos Gods from Warhammer

anden

Literate
I always wondered where Blizzard would take WoW after the defeat of Sargeras and the answer, loudly and clearly, is that Blizzard doesn't have any idea where to go. If they did, we wouldn't have gotten an expansion like BfA.
Oh, they know. They keep the game up on the level high enough to get money. What I am saying is that they don't want to spend more than they can get.

Dzupakazul

Arbiter
now you have that hack Christie Golden
I'd like to say that Christie Golden is a really nice and personable human being who genuinely cares about what her output on the universe is (she actually does play the game since vanilla) and that most of the storyline decisions aren't actually something she pulls out of her ass, but are mostly ran by committee that she isn't the ruling authority in. She has quite a few failures under her belt, but she is also the person who, de facto, fleshed out Thrall and the New Horde before WC3 even came out.

Dzupakazul

Arbiter
she is also the person who, de facto, fleshed out Thrall and the New Horde before WC3 even came out.
Green Jesus was a mistake.
Maybe. It's not my place to say it was or wasn't, but in general, the peak of Warcraft lore is an arguable thing and a lot of people like the shape of the New Horde.
What I can't say I agree with is the stance that she has a particular sway over the less logical lore developments or that she's a newcomer that has yet to contribute anything remotely worthwhile in their tenure (whether the prose and direction is good or not is another thing, although even the much maligned Knaak had some pretty good ideas with the Dragonflight lore). I doubt Golden has any real say on Blizzard constantly upping the stakes on their content and needing to still justify the Red vs Blue, or stuff like everyone having a symmetrical amount of races and now even allied races, or any justification for the rep grinds and so on.

It wasn't Golden who forgot Sylvanas didn't make the order at Wrathgate, for instance.

Truth be told, I'm biased because I think she's insanely personable in real life, radiant with positive energy, so I'm more inclined to be receptive towards such attitude than the conceit of the various self-important characters that fandoms attract, but I don't think she deserves being the scapegoat for the fact that WoW is a colossus fledgling on its feet of clay.

Dzupakazul

Arbiter
So she's to blame for the pussyboy Horde.
In a sense, if you want to put it that way, although Lord of the Clans was meant to be a video game book adaptation (of the cancelled Warcraft point'n'click adventure game), so it's likely that they had the general blueprint of the new, "honorable" Horde that they passed off to Golden. To my understanding, lore developments in WoW work that way since forever - writers (including novel writers like Knaak, Golden, Grubb, King, etc.) are given the general direction of the story and they just try to make it work within set boundaries. As such, I doubt it was the writer who made the decision to give orcs a more relatable if not downright heroic portrayal, but probably someone like Metzen.

Dawkinsfan69

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
Alright guys I resubbed to WoW and honestly, it's pretty great. Exploration is a lot of fun, new zones are really cool, and of course there's loads of things to do. And none of it feels grindy, which is really cool. They basically give you relevant gear when you hit 120 so you can just jump right into raiding/m+/pvp/whatever and you won't be like hundreds of ilvl behind in gear.

Anyway this is def the best mmo out there and nothing comes close

Popiel

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
And none of it feels grindy, which is really cool.
:notsureifserious:

Whole WoW is now from the ground up built around grinding (Azerite gear, rep farming, world quests, weekly resets with island expeditions grind and now essences, Naz and Mechagon built around grindy activities...).

You can of course not do any of that, but if you want to progress (do raids and M+'s competently) you need to grind. Or be lucky.

Dawkinsfan69

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
And none of it feels grindy, which is really cool.
Whole WoW is now from the ground up built around grinding (Azerite gear, rep farming, world quests, weekly resets with island expeditions grind and now essences, Naz and Mechagon built around grindy activities...).

You can of course not do any of that, but if you want to progress (do raids and M+'s competently) you need to grind. Or be lucky.

It doesn't feel grindy for a few reasons, mostly because you have a lot of choices on what to do in order to progress combined with daily and weekly diminishing rewards that de-incentivize playing for more than 15 or so hours per week. Plus the gameplay is fun. If you don't like the gameplay you probably won't like the game.

Also you can still raid and do M+'s with basic gear and it'll be a challenge until you have top end gear and once you have top end gear you just do higher M+'s or harder raid difficulties.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
All it is, is a grind. Subbed last month, it will run out tomorrow. Was able to unlock flying by... grinding world quests and reputations. Did a few dungeons, meh. Wanted to get the Blingtron 7000 on my engineer... guess what... had to grind out dailies/world quests in Mechagon to exalted to get the pattern. That Allied Races is the big new feature of this expansion says a lot: they just want to keep you busy with alts.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom