Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
deterministic system > RNG

Last edited:

jungl

Augur
nothing wrong with sword you need to double down specialize for them. 10 strength high decent dex and int so starting crit already high. Psi probably not worth it cause of 25% hp debuff. Metal armor for bleeding debuff. and 25% more hp. Int 6 for crit crafting feat.

Kenshi is piss easy. Allow enemies beat you up simulator and congrats you figured out and won the game.

Tygrende

Arbiter
dont listen to him, never trust shady rng
You can verify the shady RNG in-game yourself, though.

sGeOXyN.jpg

Last edited:

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
Can somebody help me understand the different types of shotgun ammo in the simplest terms? I'm too lazy (stupid) to figure it out.

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
What info do you need for the natives graveyard?

Ferryman told me the bodypart, and is the symbol from Yngwar enough to identify the correct 'tomb'? That everything?

Anyone knows if you can find Stasis mentor during the regular content or in expansion content only?

I got it before expedition, unsure whether Oculus or University.

You need to apply mineral oil or do a thing with Azif in Oculus first. Also where is the goddamned corpse? Thousands of natives have died and I still can't find the goddamned stack of protruding bones

Last edited:

Pope Amole II

Nerd Commando Game Studios
Developer
So who was asking about temporal distortion build? I've done a vid about that.

I dunno why people complain about that. It'll probably get nerfed 'cause it's hilariously broken - once you have enough levels, there's very little you won't be able to cheese with it. We're talking about distortions which actually multiply instead of fading and you having cooldowns so low that your enemies literally won't be ever able to gain a chance of striking at ya (while they're still melting from your distortions). It's a skill that begins to do 50-60 damage per 15 AP points spent real fast so what's there not to like?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
So who was asking about temporal distortion build? I've done a vid about that.

I dunno why people complain about that. It'll probably get nerfed 'cause it's hilariously broken - once you have enough levels, there's very little you won't be able to cheese with it. We're talking about distortions which actually multiply instead of fading and you having cooldowns so low that your enemies literally won't be ever able to gain a chance of striking at ya (while they're still melting from your distortions). It's a skill that begins to do 50-60 damage per 15 AP points spent real fast so what's there not to like?
Meh,it is useless outside of combat. I do dislike that in Underrail you can't take a feat that adds more skill points or increase your ap,thus making kind of limited about builds.

Jezal_k23

It's useless outside of combat? That's some weak criticism right there. Most skills in the game are combat oriented. The crafting skills are there to make things that aid you in combat, be it weapons, armor, consumables, traps, etc. or you level up the combat skills themselves (Guns, Throwing, Crossbows, Melee) and the Psi disciplines are also there to either be directly used in combat or otherwise support your build in a combat oriented scenario. Out of all the skills in the game that either directly or indirectly have the purpose of aiding you in combat scenarios, only the social skills don't serve that purpose. Oh, and Subterfuge skills I guess. Therefore Temporal Manipulation being "useless outside of combat" seems kind of irrelevant to me.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
It's useless outside of combat? That's some weak criticism right there. Most skills in the game are combat oriented. The crafting skills are there to make things that aid you in combat, be it weapons, armor, consumables, traps, etc. or you level up the combat skills themselves (Guns, Throwing, Crossbows, Melee) and the Psi disciplines are also there to either be directly used in combat or otherwise support your build in a combat oriented scenario. Out of all the skills in the game that either directly or indirectly have the purpose of aiding you in combat scenarios, only the social skills don't serve that purpose. Therefore Temporal Manipulation being "useless outside of combat" seems kind of irrelevant to me.
I agree with you,still any combat build should have some non combat skills like persuasion or picklocking with stealth.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
That thug is clearly a homeboy to the thugs outside, but yeah, I guess he just wasn't one of the double-secret psykers.
You can kill the thugs outside too if you talking about Vince and crew.
I know it's a joke, but why do you need Jackknife at all?
+7 to lockpicking is great.
Is there ever any use for things like Doctor's Coat and/or Robe? They don't seem to have a purpose, but I'm not sure if the game will suddenly spring something on me where it could be used as a disguise or something.

A simple yes/no would be great, so I know if I should just ditch them.
Unless expedition adds some use for them (doubt it), ditch 'em.

Sam Bixby

Educated
On dominating difficulty is money always going to be super hard to get or is it going to get easier at some point, because I'm just up to the junkyard and I feel like I'm going to be so poor, I well not even be able to by ammo for my gun.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
On dominating difficulty is money always going to be super hard to get or is it going to get easier at some point, because I'm just up to the junkyard and I feel like I'm going to be so poor, I well not even be able to by ammo for my gun.
It all depends on your tolerance for grinding. Also money is not something that you need. I only buy a house and a fucking jetski that costed twice as the house.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy

Now seems like a great time for Daddy Blaine to explain Underrail's repair kit-based economy... oh wait, I already did! It used to include a screenshot of my 20-30+ stacks of charons, but sadly the image 404d. Disclaimer: Slightly outdated, but all of it is still relevant.

Money isn't the problem in this game. It's waiting for the fucking cunt vendors to finally shit out the final component you need for that perfect piece of gear, usually after 20+ inventory refreshes. Due to updates since I last played, Mercantile skill will actually help with this.

Making Mountains of Money: A Merry Merchant's Mini-Manual

For the merry merchant, Mechanics and Tailoring are nigh-indispensable. Not only do they offer a multitude of crafting possibilities and allow you to cheaply repair your equipment, but they also enable you to rake in loads of Stygian coins, all while greatly reducing the burden of loot the average merry merchant is constantly hauling around while exploring the Underrail.

Any merchant worth his salt will have quickly noticed that loot is sometimes valuable, and sometimes not so valuable. He will also have noticed that valuable loot is often at only half durability or even lower. Furthermore, weapons and armor tend to be heavy. It therefore stands to reason that cheap loot should be recycled and turned into lightweight repair kits that can in turn be used to repair expensive loot. Note that it is occasionally more efficient to create two regular repair kits rather than one advanced repair kit in order to touch up two expensive items that are missing only 100-200 durability.

Recycling cheap gear is particularly important in light of the fact that NPC merchants will only purchase a limited quantity of items every couple of hours. If an item is on the verge of being somewhat valuable, but still fairly cheap all things considered, go ahead and break it down anyway.

The repair kits themselves can also be sold to NPC merchants, and as soon as you have a respectable stockpile you should sell as many advanced repair kits as you can, as often as you are able.

Loot isn't the only source of recyclables! Check the cost:durability ratio of non-electronic knives, gloves, and balaclavas being sold by NPC merchants. You'll soon learn which are good deals. Buy these, recycle them, and turn them into even more repair kits.

It hardly needs to be said, but turning cheap leather, cloth, and metals you find into leather armor, balaclavas, and combat gloves in the field and then recycling them into kits is both efficient and profitable. You can turn a dozen rathounds into half a dozen repair kits! Magic!

Finally, stash all of your shit in your quarters at SGS to begin with, categorized in different containers if you like; and feel free to make use of the Merry Merchant's Meandering Trade Route (no doubt there are a couple more significant trade hubs now, but I'm still in the first half of the game):

SGS --(boat)--> Junkyard --(boat)--> Core City --(metro)--> Foundry --(metro)--> Rail Crossing --(metro)--> SGS

You may be wondering, "Why didn't you mention the Mercantile skill?". Well, the Mercantile skill will simply turn a small mountain into an even larger mountain, faster and more conveniently.

Sam Bixby

Educated
It all depends on your tolerance for grinding. Also money is not something that you need. I only buy a house and a fucking jetski that costed twice as the house.
Tolerance for grinding? The only things that respawn is rathounds and other mobs that don't drop items worth selling, Also money is something I do need for ammo and crafting items and this 25% sell thing is the only thing I'm not liking about dominating.

Wunderbar

Arcane
Sam Bixby invest some points into crafting skills, get a recycle and repair kit blueprints. Use recycle on shitty equipment you loot from downed enemies, then use scraps to craft repair kits.

Sam Bixby

Educated

Now seems like a great time for Daddy Blaine to explain Underrail's repair kit-based economy... oh wait, I already did! It used to include a screenshot of my 20-30+ stacks of charons, but sadly the image 404d. Disclaimer: Slightly outdated, but all of it is still relevant.

Money isn't the problem in this game. It's waiting for the fucking cunt vendors to finally shit out the final component you need for that perfect piece of gear, usually after 20+ inventory refreshes. Due to updates since I last played, Mercantile skill will actually help with this.

Making Mountains of Money: A Merry Merchant's Mini-Manual

For the merry merchant, Mechanics and Tailoring are nigh-indispensable. Not only do they offer a multitude of crafting possibilities and allow you to cheaply repair your equipment, but they also enable you to rake in loads of Stygian coins, all while greatly reducing the burden of loot the average merry merchant is constantly hauling around while exploring the Underrail.

Any merchant worth his salt will have quickly noticed that loot is sometimes valuable, and sometimes not so valuable. He will also have noticed that valuable loot is often at only half durability or even lower. Furthermore, weapons and armor tend to be heavy. It therefore stands to reason that cheap loot should be recycled and turned into lightweight repair kits that can in turn be used to repair expensive loot. Note that it is occasionally more efficient to create two regular repair kits rather than one advanced repair kit in order to touch up two expensive items that are missing only 100-200 durability.

Recycling cheap gear is particularly important in light of the fact that NPC merchants will only purchase a limited quantity of items every couple of hours. If an item is on the verge of being somewhat valuable, but still fairly cheap all things considered, go ahead and break it down anyway.

The repair kits themselves can also be sold to NPC merchants, and as soon as you have a respectable stockpile you should sell as many advanced repair kits as you can, as often as you are able.

Loot isn't the only source of recyclables! Check the cost:durability ratio of non-electronic knives, gloves, and balaclavas being sold by NPC merchants. You'll soon learn which are good deals. Buy these, recycle them, and turn them into even more repair kits.

It hardly needs to be said, but turning cheap leather, cloth, and metals you find into leather armor, balaclavas, and combat gloves in the field and then recycling them into kits is both efficient and profitable. You can turn a dozen rathounds into half a dozen repair kits! Magic!

Finally, stash all of your shit in your quarters at SGS to begin with, categorized in different containers if you like; and feel free to make use of the Merry Merchant's Meandering Trade Route (no doubt there are a couple more significant trade hubs now, but I'm still in the first half of the game):

SGS --(boat)--> Junkyard --(boat)--> Core City --(metro)--> Foundry --(metro)--> Rail Crossing --(metro)--> SGS

You may be wondering, "Why didn't you mention the Mercantile skill?". Well, the Mercantile skill will simply turn a small mountain into an even larger mountain, faster and more conveniently.
Now go play this game on dominating difficulty with this 25% selling crap and tell me how to make money.

I have played through this game on hard when it came out and I had no problems with money but this selling at 25% is just junk and I'm thinking about giving up on it at this point, Its just not fun.

Sam Bixby

Educated
Sam Bixby invest some points into crafting skills, get a recycle and repair kit blueprints. Use recycle on shitty equipment you loot from downed enemies, then use scraps to craft repair kits.
Are you playing on dominating difficulty repair kit sell for 75, that's 2 stygian coins, what the hell am I going to do with that?

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Well, if the by-far best way of making money on Normal doesn't work in DOMINATING!, then I doubt if anything will. Guess you have to get by on exchanging huge piles of loot for basic amenities.

The point of ludicrously hard difficulty settings is that they're grossly and blatantly unfair, so I'm not surprised that it isn't fun. If you were having fun, it wouldn't be DOMINATING!

Anyway, you could just Export -> Import every time you collect the easy charons from Tanner and the initial Junkyard quests, and do that several times. :lol:

Sam Bixby

Educated
Well, if the by-far best way of making money on Normal doesn't work in DOMINATING!, then I doubt if anything will. Guess you have to get by on exchanging huge piles of loot for basic amenities.

The point of ludicrously hard difficulty settings is that they're grossly and blatantly unfair, so I'm not surprised that it isn't fun. If you were having fun, it wouldn't be DOMINATING!

Anyway, you could just Export -> Import every time you collect the easy charons from Tanner and the initial Junkyard quests, and do that several times. :lol:
Damn I was hoping I was not the only one playing on dominating difficult, guess the codex are just a bunch of suckers that run games on normal now a days.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom