Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Styg

Stygian Software
Developer
That is what i asked mate,tho i did very well on the negotiation and the dude said that i could roam free in their waters,i assumed that it will open up the docks and i will get some side quests. Styg is there any way to dock in their docks without joining their faction?

I don't think so.

Infused Sea Wrym Scale leather armor better than triple super steel now btw for fabric skillers, the DT on that *leather* armor penalty is absolutely outrageous

It's a very heavy leather armor, though.

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet
Well, if the by-far best way of making money on Normal doesn't work in DOMINATING!, then I doubt if anything will. Guess you have to get by on exchanging huge piles of loot for basic amenities.

The point of ludicrously hard difficulty settings is that they're grossly and blatantly unfair, so I'm not surprised that it isn't fun. If you were having fun, it wouldn't be DOMINATING!

Anyway, you could just Export -> Import every time you collect the easy charons from Tanner and the initial Junkyard quests, and do that several times. :lol:
Damn I was hoping I was not the only one playing on dominating difficult, guess the codex are just a bunch of suckers that run games on normal now a days.

Its annoying at first but gets easier pretty soon. As guys above said, use repair kits to repair expensive shit, and break down everything else.

Here is a tip for you - collect all rathound hides, turn em into leather armor and promptly break em down with recycle and then make repair kits. Use the repair kits on expensive armors to get their durability to max and sell em to vendors. Armory dude in sgs buys em often, junkyard vendors as well, etc.
Also, make your own bullets

Sinatar

Arbiter
Is there anywhere to consistently buy digital timers? I wanna craft some TNT but nobody seems to sell timers.

Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Fairly advanced into Expeditions: the gate to
Nexus of Technology is shut and there isn't any button or whatever to open it. A bit stuck in my progression here, as I already have explored the agricultural dungeon.

Bergblatstein

Novice
Sugestion to devs about a small addition to Lemurian Health Center:

Have Carnifex model sprite stand by the dock with a megaphone advising the player to walk away... upon exiting LHC he becomes a permanent companion who whenever prompted only communicates in one of DoomPauls lines.

Every step warned you that it was a bad idea. Im guessing that with a low will character all the floors are a horror-show? Anyone able to face Doctor M and not be scared by the encounter?

Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
  • Assault Rifle: Mow down bushels of enemies from point-blank to medium range; low focus penalty that can either be ignored or negated with one feat; no need for a backup weapon, this Chad of a firearm does it all
  • SMG: Short to medium range, similar to ARs, but fires wimpier ammo and is more oriented toward shy and depressed virgin builds
  • Sniper Rifle: Pretty much what one would expect from a sniper rifle; slow-firing, bad at short range, massive focus penalty; backup weapon practically required; enjoy being forced into point-blank scripted encounters
  • Slug Pistol: The shitty weapon that sniper and AR builds are forced to use at the beginning of the game, last-ditch backup for sniper builds; feats were added focusing on pistols but let's be honest, no one "mains" them
  • Energy/Chemical Pistols: You can't make one of these until Junkyard and the related feats are gimmicky as all Hell, but they're great fun and might make good backup for a sniper build; again though, no one "mains" these
  • Crossbows: When you hate yourself but neither want to commit suicide nor stop playing Underrail, this is the go-to choice of weapon—the quietest, shyest, and most forgettable virgin of all
I don't get the crossbow hate - I main crossbows on this character and although it definitely isn't as efficient as ARs it's still really viable and powerful. Don't you agree?

What's the max required mechanics skill for crafting a triple super steel armor with 160q?
If everything's 160 quality then 167. First plate needs 128, each reinforcement adds 13 to that. You can get away with a little less since there's no difference between 160 and 150 quality plates when it comes to reinforcements, but you'll still need at least 160 mechanics. Super quality metal armour is pretty hard to make.

Tygrende

Arbiter
Interesting. So this doesn't cut off entire quest branches?
No, not really. It cuts of the lore and money you would get from Aegis, obviously, but that's it. And there's even another mutually-exclusive faction you can join instead. Or just be a lone explorer.

Deleted Member 22431

I don't get the crossbow hate - I main crossbows on this character and although it definitely isn't as efficient as ARs it's still really viable and powerful. Don't you agree?
Corssbows are deadly and silent. People forget that they are powerful in a stealth build.

Black Angel

Arcane
Is it even possible??
Z5Hh7cx.png
^Man of culture, right here folks. I did the same but with
Naga Protector.

Dang, I completely forgot about that computer down in the Keep. Suffice to say the next attack those fraggin' savages won't even live to see a single camp personnel took so much of a scratch.

Anyway, I have something to say about
the music cipher. This is a very rewarding puzzle for me personally, not because of its completion reward (it's irrelevant for my build, anyway), but because I had piano lessons for 7 years or so. Even then, there's something bothering me about it. Basically, it's my understanding that, regardless of my prior knowledge in music theory, 'Transposition' means tonal shift by semitones either by raising OR lowering its pitch. And then there's 'Modulation' which is more or less the same as 'Transposition', only in the context of the cipher 'Modulation' "adds" to 'Transposition'.

And then we have those lengthy explanations made by Allan to his brother, which clarify that the transpositions + modulations imposed upon the text sample is *raising* it, means shifting the tonal center to the 'right'. I was eager to immediately solve this puzzle, only to find out I was missing two more pieces which are the octave keys and the interval. Alright, here I go I can finally solve this puzzle by shifting each note in the text to its corresponding octave keys and interval.

Except, the shifting shouldn't be to the 'right', but rather to the 'left' as pointed out by this guy https://gameplay.tips/guides/4814-underrail.html. Which means we were supposed to be lowering the tonal center, the opposite of how Allan described it in his lengthy explanation.

I don't know if it's the game which didn't explain it properly, or perhaps I'm missing something here.
Sugestion to devs about a small addition to Lemurian Health Center:

Have Carnifex model sprite stand by the dock with a megaphone advising the player to walk away... upon exiting LHC he becomes a permanent companion who whenever prompted only communicates in one of DoomPauls lines.

Every step warned you that it was a bad idea. Im guessing that with a low will character all the floors are a horror-show? Anyone able to face Doctor M and not be scared by the encounter?
Yeah, the LHC is probably the only part of Underrail that legit made me spooked. Dang, Styg, October is still 2 months away.
Even if you ignore the Will checks on purpose, it's just the same. Only that you 'understand' Doctor's feelings and you won't be scared by the encounter. Unfortunately it's just the same. The feat isn't beneficial for psi characters since it only increases weapons and unarmed crit chance, AND it reduces resolve.

Tygrende

Arbiter
Black Angel
I honestly can't make much sense of the guide you posted, despite the fact that I solved the cipher like 7 times now. It only makes the whole thing seem more confusing that the actual in-game instructions. I don't know anything about music, but my shifts were always to the right. Or down, since that's how I arranged things in my excel sheet.

Aq8wBNF.png

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I've gone full Metal Gear Solid in the GMS complund. There's not a single vent that I haven't opened. I'm now level 5. Let's see if we can uncover this mystery.

I've bought quite a few blueprints. Chose Lightning Strikes, seems like a good feat. I agility boosting equipment for now, but I'm going to raise dexterity for a few levels.

Am I screwed for not choosing hacking? I've gone full lockpicking.

Jezal_k23

I'm hearing this stuff about a music puzzle and I'm excited to find out what it is when I get to it, cause I'm a music student too.

Pope Amole II

Nerd Commando Game Studios
Developer
I think pistols got much better with Expedition. The -1 turn of cooldown psi-power means you're able to spam Rapid Fire much more frequently and that in turn allows for a Hammerer build that doesn't need much dexterity to be doing solid damage. I haven't thought about it deeply yet but that certainly solves one of the bigger issues of firearms - needing too much damn stats to do their thing.

Black Angel

Arcane
Black Angel
I honestly can't make much sense of the guide you posted, despite the fact that I solved the cipher like 7 times now. It only makes the whole thing seem more confusing that the actual in-game instructions. I don't know anything about music, but my shifts were always to the right. Or down, since that's how I arranged things in my excel sheet.

Aq8wBNF.png
I see you got Excel to solve it. Just a quick glance and I can conclude this particular puzzle is meant for this, and not scribbling on a paper AND using a memo in my smartphone like a headless chicken running back and forth from one to the other in confusion like I did.

The guide is quite simple. The most important thing it pointed out is that we need 3 things to solve the puzzle (4 if you include the explanations given by the game): the text, the octave keys, and the intervals. The one thing that confuses me is the fact that the guide pointed out we need to shift the tonal center to the 'left'.... and even more confusing because I actually solved it THAT way. I had all the notes and the keys arranged in my sticky notes, while taking a look every time on my paper where I scribbled the alphabets, the numbers, and the notes. I know that based on the keys, each note will need to be shifted according to its interval. Say like in the image you shared you got 0-6-3 as the octave keys, and correspondingly you got major sixth-perfect unison-minor seventh (that's 9-0-10). This means that if a note's corresponding key is 0, then it needs to be shifted by 9 semitones. If it's 1 or 2, it's still shifted by 9 semitones because it's 'close' to 0.

Now that I take a closer look at your sheet, it seems you're right and the guide is 'kinda' right. You basically shifted (for example) octave 0 by 9, which means C0 is now A0. But the guide looked at it differently, the guide basically looked at the note in its original, unshifted form, THEN shift it leftward (in your sheet, upward) to see what alphabet it's now correspond to after being shifted. So B0 after being shifted upward by 9 semitones is now correspond to letter 'C'.

Idk, man, this confuses me more and more. I'd say your approach is true to how the game explain it, so I guess I'll revisit the puzzle when I'm in the right frame of mind.

Still, I'd say the general, straightforward way of solving the puzzle is to take notes of which notes is 'alone' in the text, quickly connect it to its corresponding key, and see if it resulted in a number. If not, go ahead and solve the entire puzzle to see numbers being spelled as letters.

Nexus of Technology is shut and there isn't any button or whatever to open it. A bit stuck in my progression here, as I already have explored the agricultural dungeon.
So, yeah, I still need help. I'm a bit stuck here.

Saved the professor. Went to agricultural center. Next logical step is Nexus but the door won't open. I tried exploring North to get to the research facility, but the water is sometimes too warm and the ground is too hot for my feet. What do?

PEACH

Arbiter

Saved the professor. Went to agricultural center. Next logical step is Nexus but the door won't open. I tried exploring North to get to the research facility, but the water is sometimes too warm and the ground is too hot for my feet. What do?

To get into the Nexus you either need to go through the spider caves to the north/north-east or hop over a gap that requires a 10 AGI stat check iirc nearby to the east.

To get into the Nexus you either need to go through the spider caves to the north/north-east or hop over a gap that requires a 10 AGI stat check iirc nearby to the east.

Thanks you, I was able to find it thanks to your post. It was actually a much larger detour than the usual.

Jezal_k23

Bug report, I think. I triggered the Assassinate Olivia quest, but it seems to be impossible to trigger Assassinate Nicolas. I've tried to talk to her several times in several instances and she always says she's busy.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy

They might be fine now after changes and additions, but in 2015-2016, they were not fine.

Substitute "was" for "is" if any of this has changed:

• their accuracy at range is poor, even with maxed skill, a high stat, and a +accuracy scope (I have a feeling this has changed, but back in 2015-2016, it was terrible)
  • bolts bounce uselessly off of enemies wearing tin cans, especially poison bolts which is what would help in dealing with tin can men
  • they are fairly versatile in terms of available bolts, but the Crossbows skill solely covers Crossbows; Guns (for example) covers energy pistols, chemical pistols, slug pistols, sniper rifles, shotguns, ARs, and SMGs, for which there are numerous variants and special ammo types
  • feat required to un-nerf special bolt AP cost; absolutely ridiculous, a bolt is a fucking bolt, fucking delete the feat and normalize special bolt AP cost, FUCK I despise boring feats intended solely to un-nerf something that comes pre-nerfed

I'm aware that there are more special bolts now as well as a Crossbows-specific belt that reduces AP cost by 3.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom