Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Underrail: Expedition Released

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Having a problem with the expansion, game hangs too long with "loading" animation when you try to start it, through steam or through the game exe.

Self-Ejected

underground nymph

I care not!
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Having a problem with the expansion, game hangs too long with "loading" animation when you try to start it, through steam or through the game exe.
I had too this problem. Managed to start the game after I disabled Defender and firewall. Win 10.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Nice! And what's really great is I haven't played Underrail at all. When I bought it, I saw there was going to be an expansion, so I waited. Glad I did since I can play with fresh eyes.

I am wondering how a first-time experience will be with the expansion. I am afraid that the game might now be too large for newcomers.

Last edited:

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I haven't played the game since before the big AI revisions for Hard Mode and map changes.
Loved the original. Been waiting for this. Let's go, time to make a machete shotgun hobo
zjifOx8.gif

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
Bought this motherfucker immediately. Talk to me about previous saves working or is a new game required.

EDIT: also, is it apparent where the DLC becomes available when you're mid-game? I can't remember how far in my last playthrough was, but I don't think it was quite midway yet.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Working with old saves prestigious codexer!
You will easily see where the DLC starts, belive me you won't miss it.

Core City!

Jinn

Arcane

Given context, it seems that Awakened_Yeti is the composer of the excellent new tracks found in Expedition (and possible the overall composer for the OC too?). Maybe the necro-mouse meant that he was resurrecting his account here to celebrate Expedition's release?

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
If so, then Awakened_Yeti you did a EXELLENT WORK in Underrail, that track for SGS, when someone speack somethign in the back, is something very atmospheric.
Also, I think there is one track with big Deus Ex influence, right? :)
Also I liked the few, that was in first versions of game, but was later removed, were they your work?
I very much liked track used for Gray Army Base, dunno how you did that, but exactly made impression of military army base, and like quickly unfolding events.
Thousands of hugs to you man!

Jezal_k23

Music in this game is a consistent highlight, and the Fallout inspiration is spot on and felt throughout the soundtrack. It really is awesome stuff. Haven't gotten to Expedition yet to hear the new tracks yet though.

flabbyjack

Arcane
I noticed one of the tracks suddenly stops and then slowly resumes from the beginning as opposed to looping gracefully.

That randomized music puzzle in Nexus of Tech though. Ughl. I understand music but I won't even begin to try to understand it.

Black Angel

Arcane
I noticed one of the tracks suddenly stops and then slowly resumes from the beginning as opposed to looping gracefully.
Yeah it's one of the weirder moments of exploring the DLC. Most likely because there could be 2 areas in one zone, like you have the wilderness in part of the zone, and the facility in the other, and the music changes whenever you approach one or the other.
That randomized music puzzle in Nexus of Tech though. Ughl. I understand music but I won't even begin to try to understand it.
With you saying things like this now, I concluded that the music puzzle would only confuse the hell out of anyone with real-life knowledge of music theory. I suggest you drop everything you know about music in real life and focus on what the game actually tells you instead.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom