Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

TodComod

Barely Literate
But... they are different.
https://witcher.fandom.com/wiki/Herbalist's_gloves
https://witcher.fandom.com/wiki/Blue_Stripes_combat_jacket
https://witcher.fandom.com/wiki/Mage's_trousers

EOqcL3P.png
If they wanna take the PR stance of "we're with the customers" then even though I know what they're probably doing I can't really fault them for it. I mean fuck it how many developers act like they don't care and hate us?

Last edited by a moderator:

Yosharian

Arcane
If they wanna take the PR stance of "we're with the customers" then even though I know what they're probably doing I can't really fault them for it. I mean fuck it how many developers act like they don't care and hate us?
I don't even think they've took that stance, though. Their stances are on individual, specific things like 'we don't do DRM'.

Contrast this with developers like Bethesda who make claims like 'We're on your side, we're making great singleplayer games!' (if you haven't seen the video, go watch it) and then release MTX-riddled trash like Fallout 76.

Pegultagol

Erudite
"Cyberpunk 2077 doesn't have in-game preorder bonuses because CDPR wants everyone to get access to everything"

Everyone having access to everything? Ray tracing and proprietary nVidia Gameworks say hello.

Codex Year of the Donut
CDPR is definitely viewed as one of the most consumer-friendly developers.
I don't envy that position. It's a reputation they built up over the years that could be dashed over a single bad marketing mistake.
Valve took a while to recover from the paid mods fiasco.

Contrast it with companies that know they have a bad reputation and simply don't care. They can do whatever and it's not like people will think less of them.

Zer0wing

Cipher
Everyone having access to everything? Ray tracing and proprietary nVidia Gameworks say hello.
AMD reminds them of USSR flag and communism, it's a childhood trauma. So much that even Nvidia GPUs are struggling with Gayworks.
Remember kids, good and not pricy hardware with basically console generation lifespan is communism.

At this point, I don't think Red Engine 4 will ever feature Global Illumination/SSAO, screen space reflections, or anything beyond pre-Crysis 2007 just to push RTX on the market. Remedy already did that, so why not CDPR?

Last edited:

Zer0wing

Cipher
Not pictured - really low poly meshes, tiny paletted textures, affine texture mapping and LoDs. 2/5.

"Cyberpunk 2077 doesn't have in-game preorder bonuses because CDPR wants everyone to get access to everything"

i see your point but RTX isn't really ray tracing.
it also cuts your FPS in half and you won't even notice the visual "gain" most of the time unless you're stopping to take screenshots every 5 seconds and looking at pixels instead of playing the game.
i probably wouldn't use it even if i had a 2080ti because fluid gameplay is better and more immersive than a pretty slideshow. i don't see the point getting worked up about these things... cyberpunk and all the other games are being used to sell the scam that is RTX, yet it does very little to justify the price tag behind it.

Quillon

Arcane

Yeah that hairworks shit made geraldo's beard much better for only nvidia cards
rating_negativeman.png

Zer0wing

Cipher
Yeah that hairworks shit made geraldo's beard much better for only nvidia cards
rating_negativeman.png
To be completely honest, Hairworks still works on eight years old AMD GPU which costs 60-80 dollars in my country as of now, used. Sure it drops performance to PS4 Pro level because of shitty geometry blocks but it works. And it's not like the same Nvidia GPUs are much better. GTX 970 is about 5 frames better.

Come to think of it, CDPR enables Raytracing through DXR(there's no other way), RTX GPUs might not be needed at all. That doesn't mean you don't need a GPU with RT cores, like AMD Navi 2 GPUs that are not yet released.
Use ReShade+qUINT, FFS.

Last edited:

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
pjtaai7xkid31.jpg

Yeah, it looks like it's wet all the time.
On the other hand, the change in fur on animals and some monsters was a nice feature.
Too bad you had to mod it in (Hairworks on everything except Gerwant).

There was a version of that mod that enabled hairworks for creatures and beard, leaving the normal version of the hair. It's a must have for me

Sam Ecorners

Arcane
Patron
Some info from a polish magazine
- Badlands outside of the Nighty City are a hostile place. The flora there is very minimal and so is the fauna, mostly extinct or eaten with the help of a much worse animal - humans. It's not a place you wanna go alone or unarmed.

- The Nomads living in the outskirts are Wraights and Aldecados. They have their own conflict and wars between each other. Wraights are up to no good with the player, Aldecados on the other hand, are slightly more keen to have a deal with you.

- Skill system is huge and tailored to your style of playing. As you level up you gain progression points, which then you can use on new skills and boosting certain attributes, strength, reflex, cool, intelligence. The level of your attributes will let you install certain chips only available to each. Using one kind of weapon a lot, will also make you better at it. Same goes with melee and hacking. There are also bonus perks, passive, active, and ones activated in certain conditions. On top of that there's Street Cred, which you gain through completing tasks. The higher it is, the more serious and dangerous quests are available to us, as we're more "trustworthy".

- Your apartment has few gameplay features inside of it. I.a. place where you can check the internet/email and place where you can store your equipment.

- V's flat is important to the storyline and lots of meetings take place inside of it. Unfortunately you cannot modify it, because decorating your apartment doesn't really go well with the vision of a dark and gritty spirit of the game, says Paweł Sasko.

- AI and driving could be a bit better. Hopefully it'll get polished until the release.

- Stealing a car is not so simple, if you do it somewhere where policeman or gang can see you, you'll be in some big trouble. You'll have to fight or run and hide. Kinda like in GTA. There's no jail though. Stolen cars/bikes will not end up in your garage, unlike the ones you purchased.

- Loot is important and besides all your usuall stuff for crafting, weapons and armor, there are collectible items to find. If you like looting, it might become handy to install special chips that'll help you find secret stuff. Of course the stuff you find is also upgradable. NPC's will also leave clues as to where loot can be hidden.

- Deep relationship system, you can befriend a lot of NPC's. You can also become more than a friend to them, having multiple relationships all at once is also possible. Of course not every NPC will have the same sexual orientation as you, so if you wanna bang them.... might need to try in a different playthrough.

- Animals are mostly non existent in the world of Cyberpunk, due to pandemics associated with them. You'll still have a chance to see some pets, owned by the wealthy elite.

- Between years 2020 and 2077 cyberspace got hacked by a famous netrunner. Since then corporations created "Blackwall" which cuts off the hacked and dangerous cyberspace from rest of the infrastructure. Some netrunners tried to explore the deadly side of it, but none has returned.

- The level of detail is captivating. Together with the atmosphere it creates a very unique world.

- Religion plays a solid role in the world of Cyberpunk. In one of the missions we'll explore a church with a neon cross, right in the middle of a sermon. Some people will often have old, classic TV's in their houses, it can be because of the poverty, but also because certain religions do not allow certain things.

- NewGame+ will be a thing and is worked on.

- Game's ending will be dependant on our choices, but also side quests will have a noticeable role during the story, as well as at the end of it.

There's also some information about Keanu working on the mocap, which took 15 days in the studio and that he was very engaged with the project, when CDPR showed up before E3 to show him the newest version of the game, he remembered all of the devs names.

High res screens
6zravp0tuid31.jpg

pjtaai7xkid31.jpg

hans_af_claes

Novice
So.. Kennau Reeves? graphics RTX vs Raytracing? are people actually discussing the Rpg elements of the game here or just swining their graphicalized e-penises around? I'm myself a software dev and a game dev (C++) you would hardly ever worry about those low level (software hirarchy) details. If they need to upgrade their engine they should have created a engine agnostic layer for their game and just export all their assets, if they weren't smart enough to do so.. well then they're fucked.

Zer0wing

Cipher
We’re excited to announce Cyberpunk 2077 – Afterlife: The Card Game, a standalone physical card game created in collaboration with an international board game publisher CMON!

Cyberpunk 2077 – Afterlife: The Card Game thrusts players into the dark alleyways of Night City, where ruthless gangs clash with corporations in an endless war for money, power, and control.

In the game, you become Fixers — databrokers and masterminds of Night City. Your job is to recruit cyberpunks, equip them with gear, and send them out on missions. Each successful mission raises your Street Cred, with mission survivors becoming Veterans, imparting their knowledge and experience to newer recruits. In this chrome-infused world, Street Cred is the only currency that matters.

And nothing comes cheap in Night City. You need to balance between what you want and what you can actually afford. Using an innovative drafting mechanic and special dashboard, you must decide which cards you want to buy, and which to sacrifice for funds in order to purchase new ones.

Cyberpunk 2077 – Afterlife: The Card Game will be released in 2020.
for real

Capitalising on a not yet confirmed success of the game much?

Efe

Erudite
it sounds nothing like mtg
they have a board game publisher so expect something like that though by stacking cards instead of board pieces.

hans_af_claes

Novice
I realize the desire you guys have to watch another Ghost in the Shell with raytracing added to all the various upcoming colors of tits this Polish studio can muster. But the trailer. It's like a mix of Deus-Ex and GitS with extra graphical sauce added, no real storyline ("You play as V - go and become invincible!")

Using a roleplaying system is completely worthless without a roleplaying campaign. It's not the system creating the experience it's the people playing it. Maybe try playing a real Pen & Paper role-playing game?

Especially erfykradshf or whatever you call yourself

Last edited:

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
It's not the system creating the experience it's the people playing it.

If that was the case we'd just be using the likes of GURPS, Hero or Fate Core for everything. System absolutely shapes the game to a degree and should be fit for purpose. For example, if I ever find myself in a game that could benefit from FATAL's charts and rules I'll take it to preserve some semblance of sanity I still have left by that point.

Anal-circumference.png

hans_af_claes

Novice
It's not the system creating the experience it's the people playing it.

If that was the case we'd just be using the likes of GURPS, Hero or Fate Core for everything. System absolutely shapes the game to a degree and should be fit for purpose. For example, if I ever find myself in a game that could benefit from FATAL's charts and rules I'll take it to preserve some semblance of sanity I still have left by that point.

Sure, the system "shapes" the underlying structure of campaign or scenario but it doesn't dictate content. I absolutely love GURPs by the way. Fallout, for example, didn't even start out in a post-apoc setting but using the basis of GURPS (Gamma World) gave them the possibility to tweak their game as they developed more content to fit the world they created.

nice christian spoiler btw, the anti-christian quotation system?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom