Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 3 GOTY Edition

sullynathan

Arcane
Iris will get outclassed in blood & wine if you don't follow some arcane leveling up schema but I kept it anyway because badass factor.
Iris & Aerondight are the best swords in the game, right?

Not in Blood & Wine. You can get two swords (steel and silver) which give you:
+100% Crit Damage
+20% Crit Chance

And some other status effect bonuses like chance to dismember, bleed or stun. The steel sword if I remember correctly is named Baucleir Knight Steelsword, both of these can be found in Toussant or crafted from their schematics. Can't remember which exactly but they are OP with crit-build which is main bread and butter if you focus on Alchemy or Swordsmanship trees.

Aerondight is lame. You get hit once = you lose the bonus. Leveling that sword is pain in the ass and it only gives you guaranteed crit after 10 hits. Much better investing into Alchemy and get 50% crit after first kill and just dump all your skillpoints and invest into gear which gives you crit. At New Game+ I was able to two shot Detlaff at his first encounter. Good luck doing that with this sword.

I like the strong attack, pretty much destroys shit, but I completely forgot that it took some of your health. I already have the Touissant +75% crit & +100% crit swords. At this level, the Touissant heavy armor and swords are better than the Witcher gear. It's like the devs finally figured out how to have slightly better itemization.

sullynathan

Arcane
I've now fully completed the game at 129 hours. Another tragic ending, the most beautiful woman in the game dies.

I enjoyed my time with the witcher 3. There were some down parts, too many caves and witcher vision but overall it was quite a good story rpg.

Moving on to dragon age inquisition.

sullynathan

Arcane
Detlaff was irredemable, did they really believe anyone would help a vampire that killed many innocents in a city because his feelings were hurt?

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Detlaff was irredemable, did they really believe anyone would help a vampire that killed many innocents in a city because his feelings were hurt?

The world is full of insane people, and that's just the cherry on the top of the main cake: 90% of humanity is dumb.

So yeah, if I were developing a game, I'd take stupid choices into consideration.

typical user

Arbiter

He does make point though, Geralt would do the same if Ciri's or Yen's life were at stake. The game just didn't voice that loud enough.

The DLC should've taken a different spin - Detlaff killing Syanna right away instead of giving her a week for next meeting and Geralt being banished for failing his quest or convicing him to commit suicide.

Sentinel

Arcane
I've now fully completed the game at 129 hours. Another tragic ending, the most beautiful woman in the game dies.

I enjoyed my time with the witcher 3. There were some down parts, too many caves and witcher vision but overall it was quite a good story rpg.

Enjoy mandatory resource grind to progress the main questline.

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected

He does make point though, Geralt would do the same if Ciri's or Yen's life were at stake. The game just didn't voice that loud enough.

The DLC should've taken a different spin - Detlaff killing Syanna right away instead of giving her a week for next meeting and Geralt being banished for failing his quest or convicing him to commit suicide.
There was Blaviken, where Geralt butchers a bunch of people for those reasons. They should have stayed closer to the inspiration, which was that French movie.

Falksi

Arcane

InfatuatedAdoredKite-size_restricted.gif

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Witcher 3 had too much filler for me, but I enjoyed the first and second games. And this song!

Haunted by the shadows of the past
A howling void in my mind
Through the halls of Kaer Morhen it echoes
A remnant of memories left behind
All I have are the swords on my back
I wander but my purpose is clear
White Wolf, Vatt'Ghern, Butcher they call me
I am the beast the beasts will fear

By steel, by silver!
I slay like a wolf in the night!

Frozen

Arcane
I was hoping they would resurrect Vilgefortz as a vampire.

Much better storyline than cucked vampire boyfriend.

Paul_cz

Arcane
If you do the quest involving the two alchemists in TW2 and import a save into TW3, you can find some research work near the academy implying that
Wait seriously? That's pretty cool, I always thought that quest was completely inconsequential.

ScrotumBroth

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Wait seriously? That's pretty cool, I always thought that quest was completely inconsequential.
From memory it's just a note you find, so fairly inconsequential, an Easter egg really.

And they only speculate it worked, clearly it didn't and can't. That part of the lore is set in stone. In books Yen tried every magical and alchemical trick to no effect.

Paul_cz

Arcane
From memory it's just a note you find, so fairly inconsequential, an Easter egg really.

And they only speculate it worked, clearly it didn't and can't. That part of the lore is set in stone. In books Yen tried every magical and alchemical trick to no effect.
When I say inconsequential, I mean that they forgot about it and it had literally no consequence.
But they didn't and provided the pay-off I didn't know about, which is cool.
Of course Witcher 4 will not star Geralt's biological kids.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom