Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Games that make you feel lonely

Dedicated_Dark

Arbiter
Metroid Prime
Super Metroid
Silent Hill 1 & 2

Tomb Raider 1/2/3,4 & Anniversary.
STALKER all 3
Alien Isolation
Diablo
Torchlight
Dark Souls 1
F.E.A.R
Minecraft

Any open or connected world game where new characters/towns are poor in quality, quantity and at a slow enough pace , and no integrated multiplayer to speak of all end up making a gameworld feel dead/sterile.

Zelda BOTW, Mad Max, Shadow of Mordor, Assassin's Creed games (aside from Odyssey and maybe AC2&Unity), Sekiro.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
FNV and MotB make me feel lonely, cause these games suck ass, but everyone thinks otherwise and rates me retarded. Dem lonely feels, every single time.

Neanderthal

Arcane
Rune, specifically the beginning of the game when you're escaping the underworld. Your people are dead, you are lost in an alien world, everybody and thing is an enemy, there is no choice but to slay and follow the few directions Odin gives you.

You against the world.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Space Engineers: In particular in a scenario not involving a planet. Just me, a couple of asteroids and an endless space.

Astroneer. The same as above, but now I am also playing a retard high af on acid.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Homeworld.

The Long Dark.

Cogmind.

Duskers.

Darkwood.

NEO Scavenger.

Codex Year of the Donut
I felt like this when playing No Man's Sky.
I didn't think it was a good thing though. The entire game world just felt really fucking empty.

axx

Savant
Pretty much any game where you're walking through empty cities and villages. 1st act in Hexen II especially had that vibe.

Wyatt_Derp

Arcane
Any open world game that has a story but doesn't end it when you finish all the quests. It's like trying to walk along a bridge and getting beyond the point where the writers ran out of wood planks. After that it's 'KERPLUNK' into the desolate waters of 'WTF do I do now?'. Sooner or later, everything in the game begins to look like the stained neon seams of a Star Trek Holo-Deck, lifeless and certainly not open... and in fact there is no world, only the limited creation of someone else's imagination. And you're trapped alone in that dead, colorless prison...

Generic-Giant-Spider

Soul Reaver

Seeing the remnants of a dead Nosgoth with locales from the game before either forgotten to time or buried/submerged with little to no human population to speak of and everything else is a hostile vampire dickface trying to claw ya.

There's more BLOCKS than living people.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom