Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Goromorg

Savant
So, finally going to try this incline here. Some tips for a first time build?
Do not invest into crafting at low levels, better raise your throwing/traps/mercantile/etc.
You can have 8 skills maxed tops, but usually you can branch a bit because you don't need everything maxed. Max only your main combat skill.
You can ignore social skills just fine, the main focus of the game is combat.
Dodge and Evasion are so-so, if you have good offense, you don't need them at all.
Do not piss off the Faceless - you'll regret it later.

ciox

Liturgist
Plox mista epeli post the shotgun info in da wiki good sir!
I've probably memorized the relevant stats by now but I still need to satisfy my autism by randomly looking at the pages while at work!!

Someone else promised to do shotguns, so I won't be stepping on their toes at this time. In general I won't be doing much more immediate Expedition additions to the wiki. I simply can't summon enough free time to wikify all the Expedition content to a level of quality I would be content with. Particularly quest/event/skillcheck scripting has gotten so complex and intertwined that researching all the details for wiki wouldn't be fun anymore. But I'll still be around to handle admin tasks and probably work on future game mechanics and item pages.

If you like the wiki, you could help it. Really satisfies that autism, plus you'd help all Underrail players out there.
Join us! https://www.underrail.com/wiki/index.php?title=Special:UserLogin&type=signup
I've signed up!
I was going to do some edits to the AR page where some of the scopes had incorrect values (sniper/crossbow values) but I see that's fixed at last, guess I'll need to find something.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
On the topic of crawlers, is there a way to actually hit them or force them down when they seemingly disappear up into the ceiling?
That move is actually a teleport. They climb up and then instantly climb back down somewhere nearby with stealth back on, and then they wait for the poison to work. No way to hit them unless you randomly guess where they teleported to and hit them with grenades, and good luck with that.
Shit, I could've sworn that they climbed up and stayed up, since they kept "coming down" at the same spot and stabbing me before just disappearing up again. One fucker alone made me waste 8 antidotes just because I never got a chance to actually hit him. I had to start to time the rounds and then throw a grenade when I knew he was down somewhere, at which point I finally got some hits in - and it still took the fucker doing it two more times before I got to kill him.

Fucking hell, what is nightvision even for?

:negative:
Or you can find their location with forcefield. When choosing where to place forcefield, tiles occupied by stealthed shit will appear darker on the 3x3 indicator, so you know where to lob fire ball or ice ball.
Force... field?

Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
You can ignore social skills just fine, the main focus of the game is combat.
Dodge and Evasion are so-so, if you have good offense, you don't need them at all.
Agree on everything but this. Having persuasion or intimidate is often useful and leads to good situations.
Dodge and evasion are extremely powerful.

A good build tip for beginners is also to look for synergies in the skills: sometimes spending points in one will increase another one (with a 1:10 ratio).
Also, go for sneak as it is unbelievably useful.

ciox

Liturgist
Shit, I could've sworn that they climbed up and stayed up, since they kept "coming down" at the same spot and stabbing me before just disappearing up again. One fucker alone made me waste 8 antidotes just because I never got a chance to actually hit him. I had to start to time the rounds and then throw a grenade when I knew he was down somewhere, at which point I finally got some hits in - and it still took the fucker doing it two more times before I got to kill him.

Fucking hell, what is nightvision even for?

Just repeat the encounter until you mentally decompile their restealth relocation algorithm and can go bump into them with 100% accuracy, brah.

PEACH

Arbiter
Force... field?

ecd236d3efd692683790dc534f9ae0a9.png

Hell of a lifesaver in a LOT of situations.

Gregz

Arcane
Styg

Why can we still not sort by weight in the character inventory?

1. Daedalos:
    no weight in UI in underrail is also dumb
  2. Maggot:
    needs weight filter
  3. Daedalos:
    i have to screen each item individually to see its weight
  4. Daedalos:
    constant mini game unless u got strength 90
  5. Daedalos:
    weight filter is like.. the number 1 thing u should do first
  6. Daedalos:
    if u have encumbrance system
  7. Daedalos:
    boggles the mind really
  8. Daedalos:
    takes 5 minutes to code
  9. Daedalos:
    litrally

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Just beat Carnifex on the second try at level 14.

The hard part was to reload until Initiative was advantageous for me.

0C5B5E55E5745FDB4FE2DA20629B8697E76D8957

:kingcomrade: :kingcomrade: :kingcomrade: :kingcomrade:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
So i found the sub and am trying to use it but i can't. Any ideas what you have to do? I am at the quest for the sub.

Candide

Educated
The expedition content really favors agility builds, doesn't it. While I have to go around and around decimating wildlife.

Jinn

Arcane
The stealth system in Underrail is one of my favorites in any RPG ever, and was one of the first reasons why the game became so beloved to me in my initial hours of playing it.

hell bovine

Arcane
Someone did a very good write up on mages in Underrail here:
https://underrail.com/forums/index.php?topic=4149.0
The only feat I'd change would be snooping, because if you want to find secret places, you are better off with a high perception character. I'd replace it with pack rathound, because you can never have too much carry weight in this game.

Unwanted

Elephantman

Unwanted
epeli there is no desk on the lower spider infested level and the desk up top doesnt have it, no lie

nvm i missed this door...
vXs8nez.png

damn its 75 hacking to get the mentor... 10 points short, i guess im going lvl13

Last edited:

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
Where do I find me a Black Crawler?
North from place where free drones kept train (through place with shitload boxes) you end up in dark ass tunnel, turn left into doors, fight crawlers, find pit and go down. If you coming from Rail Crossing -south, south- west exit, south and you end up in same dark ass corridor.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
id foundry beast fight receive more waves? I rushed that part and poor dan didnt make it

On Domination there are more waves.

I just think it shouldn't have the damage nerf. I took the feat mostly out of curiosity because I really wanted to see it in action, but the damage nerf against all enemies melee or ranged feels wrong, given how shields in this game can only ever block melee enemies unlike other RPGs.

Exactly, You just could not wear that armor and get +15% damage bonus lol.

they can consistently detect me while stealthing with 149 Stealth, while I'm apparently completely unable to detect them, despite having 13 Perception and nightvision.

You can detect them, problem with them is their high detection rating, which allows them to see you first.

That move is actually a teleport. They climb up and then instantly climb back down somewhere nearby with stealth back on, and then they wait for the poison to work. No way to hit them unless you randomly guess where they teleported to and hit them with grenades, and good luck with that.

Try to stay just on the border of their estimated LoS, and you will see them. They have Darkvision, as epeli acknowledged me, which is analogue of Night Vision.
Not randomly, they are most likely around nearby corner, so you can run around and bump them out of stealth, and then start little insecticide.

I had to start to time the rounds and then throw a grenade when I knew he was down somewhere, at which point I finally got some hits in - and it still took the fucker doing it two more times before I got to kill him.

Use your Flare Luke!

men, im close to sailing to unknown and one thing is killing me.

I dont have stealing skill.

Good luck then.
I hope your defences are good.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom