Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Star Wars Severe problem with KOTOR & KOTOR2

Codex Year of the Donut
From searching I can't find anyone else discussing this whatsoever. I can't believe this has been allowed to go on for years without it being fixed.
The issue makes these games essentially unplayable, I don't even want them in my library anymore.
Just look at this:
https://af.gog.com/game/star_wars_knights_of_the_old_republic?as=1649904300
https://af.gog.com/game/star_wars_knights_of_the_old_republic_ii_the_sith_lords?as=1649904300

Do you see it?
STAR WARS™: Knights of the Old Republic
STAR WARS™ Knights of the Old Republic™ II: The Sith Lords™

KOTOR2 has no colon after the STAR WARS™. This completely messes up the alignment when I scroll through my library, I can't take it anymore.
Look at this:
EJRoENM.png

Not only does it mess up the alignment, but they aren't even in chronological order anymore! This is unacceptable.
Who do I have to contact to have the title of this game fixed?

Last edited by a moderator:

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
You can contact Steam to ask them to remove that trash by Bioware from your steam library and leave the GOTY Avellonian game. Should solve it.

P.S. thanks for making me notice it, now I'm annoyed by this as well. Thanks a bunch.

Dr Skeleton

Arcane
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Also notice that on GoG it's "Knights of the Old Republic™ II: The Sith Lords™" but there is no ™ after "Knights of the Old Republic" for the first game :argh:
Once Disney finds out they left it out, GoG is finished, they're gonna get sued for every last zł of that Witcher money.

Squid

Arbiter
I noticed this while backing up my games. I put KOTOR II in the first game's folder and vice versa. I was just going down the list with my premade folders. I think it was intentionally done to sabotage our brains

Whiny-Butthurt-Liberal

Knights of the Old Republic: The Sith Lords is not a sequel to any prior game, nor does it have a sequel or any continuation to itself.

Crane

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath
The real severe problem is with kotor 1. The dialogue is juvenile and poorly written. Companions unload their psychological problems onto you as if they're paying you for therapy.

Eirinjas

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex
I was so happy when Taris was obliterated. I'm assuming joy was the emotion Bioware wanted to elicit at it's destruction. Why else make it the god-awfullest shitball area of any RPG ever?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom