Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian General Discussion Thread

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
TBF, why would you want your business environment infested with Win10? Sure, there's the forced DX compatibility, which is essentially a bit that MS refuses to switch over to enable w7 cross-compatibility, but other than that you're looking at Cortana BS, and an across-the-board reduction in functionality for people that use keyboards and monitors, i.e. the core enterprise user. MS chased the Apple user with W10, but forget that MAC OS is horrendous in an enterprise environment and that Windows sysadmins were used to a functional interface and the foundational elements of Windows that made it usable in an enterprise environment. Not a Metro tile UI and Windows-as-a-service app marketplace for the OS.

Win10 is a cancerous chimera.
LTSC is the solution. It's the Windows 7 of Windows 10.

Not a Metro tile UI
Speak for yourself, I love the start menu tiles.

Bad Sector

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It might also be MFC Ribbon, i think even in VS2017 (i do not know about VS2019 but i suspect it is the same) they only provide Aero-themed ribbon styles.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
From the man himself:

I probably should've written "Aero design principles" in my previous post. In any case, let's send Josh more assumptions for him to correct until we reverse-engineer the dialogue editor.

Codex Year of the Donut
> Obsidian Entertainment is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.

I.E. no white males need apply
Every company says this, it's absolutely meaningless. I don't even know why they bother.
Obsidian Entertainment is proud to be an equal opportunity employer
"We're proud to follow the laws!"
um, ok

Yosharian

Arcane
I'd love to get a free job working at a games developer, with no accountability or consequences for the quality of my work. Unfortunately, I'm too privileged for that.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
I'd love to get a free job working at a games developer, with no accountability or consequences for the quality of my work. Unfortunately, I'm too privileged for that.
25317.jpg

You look pretty black to me, why not give it a go?

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Sawyer's yet another visit to Poland: https://www.gamasutra.com/view/pres...dustry_Conference_announces_next_speakers.php

Game Industry Conference (GIC) announces next speakers for their upcoming event, taking place from October 17th to 20th in Poznan, Poland.

More experienced game designers will be interested in the Game Design Summit. There, they will have the opportunity to take part in up to 30 workshops. Highly qualified speakers will share their expertise with attendees, e.g. Josh Sawyer of Obsidian and Piotr Mistygacz of Techland.

Quillon

Arcane
Breaking news! Feargus finally confessed! Yesterday he wrote in a tweet:
I have a horrible confession to make. It's one of my darkest. It's really embarrassing. I'm really sorry

and what follows is truly horrifying:
viewer discretion is advised:

phew...

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Please don't tell me poe3 will use unity. :negative:
Unless they're making the switch to first person, why wouldn't it use the same engine? They'd just run into a bunch of problems by switching.

Quillon

Arcane
PoE3 confirmed. Doing-Nothing-Josh is off the hook. Codex will need to blame Dollarhyde for everything this time. I guess commencing production of couple dev mugs for her is in order in preparation for the eventual::bunkertime:

Quillon

Arcane

Half hour interview with Matt Booty at the end:

He says there were projects at Obs before the acquisition that we'll learn about in the future.

Speaks highly of TOW's universe and if it gets traction, they'll make it MS exclusive for the sequels and put more resources on it. Bad news for PS4 & Switch players, tho fuck em, long as the games come to PC.

Duraframe300

Arcane
He says there were projects at Obs before the acquisition that we'll learn about in the future.

Short correction: No, he doesn't. He just says that there are multiple projects at Obsidian. He's talking about Ninja Theory there with *before the aquisition*.

Quillon

Arcane

Short correction: No, he doesn't. He just says that there are multiple projects at Obsidian. He's talking about Ninja Theory there with *before the aquisition*.

I interpreted as he's giving Obs as an example for a studio who had projects already underway, since he mentioned it right after saying Bleeding Edge's development started before the acquisition :/

Duraframe300

Arcane

I interpreted as he's giving Obs as an example for a studio who had projects already underway, since he mentioned it right after saying Bleeding Edge's development started before the acquisition :/

For me it sounded more like another example of a studio with multiple projects. At least they are two seperate sentences.
Also it wouldn't line up with what we know so far from the linkedin pages of the various directors. But, ymmv.

Flou

Arbiter
For me it sounded more like another example of a studio with multiple projects. At least they are two seperate sentences.
Also it wouldn't line up with what we know so far from the linkedin pages of the various directors. But, ymmv.

But there are more projects that we don't know about, than there are project directors. Josh's game is Project Missouri that leaves quite a few states unchecked after Indiana and we know of only 2 projects in development (other than Josh's project)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom