Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
So wait...the mp features they showed last year (or was it 2 years ago?) are gone?

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Comments on this give me cancer. "This is it?!!" Sorry, what did you expect? It's Warband MP, but prettier. It was always going to be Warband 2, not Mordhau.
It must be incredibly frustrating for the devs to read this shit...
Because I know for a fact they tried new features, that they tried changing it up, but either the changes didn't work, or Warband players who are in the beta flipped their shit, so they rolled things back.
Not sure the timing was a good idea, they seem to be focusing on getting the game ready for Gamescom right now, not the beta. So it could've been in better shape to show off.

So yeah, it's gonna be a lot like Warband, no fucking shit.
So why does it take eight years to develop?

vota DC

Augur
So wait...the mp features they showed last year (or was it 2 years ago?) are gone?
This is skirmish mode, the other were captain and sergeant mode with 2 players that were leaders and many bots. In fact they managed to kill Teo knights with one infantry, you can't do that easily against humans.
I don't see too many differences anyway. Siege has new features (you can even throw boulders), campaign too with the clan stuff thing or the multiple notables to gain reputation for (instead of Village elder you do missions for the miller, the miner or the godfather) while skirmish Is the most similar to old game.

Ba'al

Scholar
Best comment from the posted video:

"A fertilised egg learns to walk, talk and do basic math in 7 years, these guys still couldn't fix even clipping in same time period."

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
At this point it would be faster for the developers to procreate, have children, raise them, educate them, and then have those kids develop Warband II.

Nutria

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
The development of this game seems like it's in as much of a quagmire as Erdogan's intervention in NW Syria. Also his threats against the Kurds in Syria. Also he's embarking on the genius course of lowering inflation by lowering interest rates. OMG can this game please be released before the whole country self-destructs?

Thal

Prophet
So it's like a HD mod for Warband, that's what they spent these 7 years for?
still a day 1 purchase

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
People who claim it looks like a Warband mod are blind and don't understand the underlying technology in either case.
It's not super beautiful, but it's quite pretty. The materials are BPR, lighting is some kind of fake global illumination and so on.
The main draw, to me, is still modding potential.
Just like Warband became quite pretty when modders pimped it up, Bannerlord will look a lot better eventually.

We'll see what features end up in SP, but right now people are mostly pissed at the MP example from the recent dev video.
Without mods and without years of player driven polish the MP is nothing special right now. They shouldn't be showing it off, imo, they should be paying attention to beta testers and pushing the beta forward.
They seem to be focused on Gamescom, so the beta is stagnating and the testers are grumpy and bored.

Just ignore the thing until release, or at least until the public MP beta.

Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy
One thing that Turkish industry doing good is Kebab. I wish that this dev company sell this product and it's IP to some competent developers, becouse waiting for retextured mod for Warband more than 10 years is some kind not funny. I bet we get one of these Morrowind on Skyrime SE engine or Fallout 3 on F4 engine mods faster.

Last edited:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
People who claim it looks like a Warband mod are blind and don't understand the underlying technology in either case.
It's not super beautiful, but it's quite pretty. The materials are BPR, lighting is some kind of fake global illumination and so on.
Just like Warband became quite pretty when modders pimped it up, Bannerlord will look a lot better eventually.

We'll see what features end up in SP, but right now people are mostly pissed at the MP example from the recent dev video.
Without mods and without years of player driven polish the MP is nothing special right now. They shouldn't be showing it off, imo, they should be paying attention to beta testers and pushing the beta forward.
They seem to be focused on Gamescom, so the beta is stagnating and the testers are grumpy and bored.

I've found out why developers are so fucking slow... Much like Merlkir defending this travesty, the Warband devs are probably wasting their time defending some other game on another forum.

Reality is, these 'developers' would be unemployed if they displayed this much lack of effort in nearly any other industry. Any holy shit, aside from myself, Merlkir has 200+ fucking people on ignore. Anyone need further proof of sensitive dev syndrome?

Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy

I've found out why developers are so fucking slow... Much like Merlkir defending this travesty, the Warband devs are probably wasting their time defending some other game on another forum.

Reality is, these 'developers' would be on the soup line if they displayed this much lack of effort in nearly any other industry.

Exactly they are so fuckin slow and scale of upgrades over the Warband is so low that i Wonder: "maybe Turkey is in some kind of other time dimension ?" .:whatho:

Lets ask our expert, Stephen ?

"Hello Wulfric, it is possible that Turkey is under special time phenomena"

giphy.gif

TJYzFRQ2HphpiiiV9

Thank You Stephen

Last edited:

Aemar

Arcane
Any holy shit, aside from myself, Merlkir has 200+ fucking people on ignore. Anyone need further proof of sensitive dev syndrome?
tenor.gif

Merlkir's autistic approach will most likely reach the highest point when the only Codexer not included on his ever-expanding ignore list will be none other than himself. And that's only because he can't do that, for technical reasons, otherwise I'm certain he would do it at some point.

Nutria

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Imagine being on the fucking Codex and throwing stones about who's autistic.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom