Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Forged of Blood - turn-based tactical fantasy RPG

CritiestBunny

Critical Forge
Developer
I've been getting updates for so long that I forgot the KS actually failed. Damn it, now I guess I have to buy it. :P
Thank you! Yes, I like to pretend like we didn't fail the KS and keep spamming you guys. It gives me comfort at night.

My first (shit)post and one line review:

Microsoft Project - The RPG. MS-Project is well known for its arcane and obtuse interface, this game is about on par with that. There is a decent game it looks like buried under the spreadsheet simulator.

Apt. Very apt. Forged of Blood, a freak in the sheets.

It is not really that the UI is bad, but you end up reallocating points for characters a lot, between the 2 weapon proficency points + general skill you get for each combat

Aye, thats mostly if you want to build your own characters in lieu of using one the 2 weapon archetypes, though you still need to expend the general points yourself.

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Aye, thats mostly if you want to build your own characters in lieu of using one the 2 weapon archetypes, though you still need to expend the general points yourself.
Indeed, but my point was that I would prefer having to allocate more points at once than 4 points for each category every battle.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Reading this topic has confirmed that this is another of those "wait 6 months until it is patched and polished" games.

Last edited:

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Read this topic has confirmed that this is another of those "wait 6 months until it is patched and polished" games.
Actually, the game plays well out of the box. I haven't encountered any major issue yet, the combat is solid, and I really like the open ended spellcasting system (but here too, I wish we didn't have to tamper with custom spells so frequently...).

Btw, why are elves not called elves in the game? Are there dwarves to put them back in their place (ok, humies already do, but it's not the same!)?

bataille

Arcane
No elves? No thanks...
You play as a fucking dictatorial elfs,the fuck are you talking about????
credit-card-l-thinkstock.jpg

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Btw, getting the mobility upgrades for all characters makes the game much more enjoyable (and the upgrade to pass through a character).
I think base mobility could be a bit higher, especially with everyone starting in heavy or medium armor, because traffic jams don't do the game justice, or make it obvious every player should take them ASAP.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Btw, getting the mobility upgrades for all characters makes the game much more enjoyable (and the upgrade to pass through a character).
I think base mobility could be a bit higher, especially with everyone starting in heavy or medium armor, because traffic jams don't do the game justice, or make it obvious every player should take them ASAP.
Mobility is a must for every character,despite their class/weapon.

Martyr

Arcane
does anyone else encounter this behavior?
almost every second time I start up the game it does not load into the main menu, instead there's an eternal black screen and when I open the task manager it says that Unreal Engine is inactive. btw it doesn't matter if I launch the game through steam or directly from the folder, there's a 50/50 chance I'll get the black screen. why is that??
that's not too important and has no impact on me enjoying the game, it's just slightly annoying.

Milo

Critical Forge
Developer
almost every second time I start up the game it does not load into the main menu, instead there's an eternal black screen and when I open the task manager it says that Unreal Engine is inactive. btw it doesn't matter if I launch the game through steam or directly from the folder, there's a 50/50 chance I'll get the black screen. why is that??
that's not too important and has no impact on me enjoying the game, it's just slightly annoying.

Hello there.

Well, it depends on what exactly is happening. If it's an abnormally long black loading screen, it's an issue with UE4 that we are aware of but have not yet figured out a fix for. If it is actually hanging while loading, that's a new issue. Please let me know which it is as I should make a card for it if it's the latter :)

Martyr

Arcane

Hello there.

Well, it depends on what exactly is happening. If it's an abnormally long black loading screen, it's an issue with UE4 that we are aware of but have not yet figured out a fix for. If it is actually hanging while loading, that's a new issue. Please let me know which it is as I should make a card for it if it's the latter :)
hello, congrats on this great game!
love.png

if I click the play button in steam or if I double click on the desktop icon linked directly to the folder, instead of loading into the main menu I just get a black screen. I don't know if it is loading at all (like I've said, task manager shows Unreal Engine as "inactive", doesn't sound like loading to me), but I've spent up to 3 minutes waiting for this black screen to pass, before shutting down the game with the task manager.
when the game does launch, it only takes a few seconds before the main menu appears.
but to see if the black screen is indeed an extra long loading screen, I can leave it open longer next time and report back. ;)

edit: it actually is loading, despite TM showing it as "inactive". so no bug/issue, just Unreal Engine. :lol:

Last edited:

Milo

Critical Forge
Developer
Yeah, that's been a frustrating issue for us the last few months as well. Thank you for taking the time to answer my question :)

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer

Hello there.

hello, congrats on this great game!
love.png

if I click the play button in steam or if I double click on the desktop icon linked directly to the folder, instead of loading into the main menu I just get a black screen. I don't know if it is loading at all (like I've said, task manager shows Unreal Engine as "inactive", doesn't sound like loading to me), but I've spent up to 3 minutes waiting for this black screen to pass, before shutting down the game with the task manager.
when the game does launch, it only takes a few seconds before the main menu appears.
but to see if the black screen is indeed an extra long loading screen, I can leave it open longer next time and report back. ;)

edit: it actually is loading, despite TM showing it as "inactive". so no bug/issue, just Unreal Engine. :lol:
The same happens to me. It is annoying, but the game eventually loads.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I hope you will add options for 1.2 or maybe 1.5 times for animation speed.

Movement animation are so slow especially when people are jumping around obstacles. Attack animation and the other stuffs are somewhat fine.

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer

Movement animation are so slow especially when people are jumping around obstacles. Attack animation and the other stuffs are somewhat fine.
There is already *2 and *4. Do you find these too fast?
I always stay at *4.

Is there a way to disable the auto loading intro animation?
I cannot skip it if I alt tab, which is pretty annoying.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath

There is already *2 and *4. Do you find these too fast?
I always stay at *4.

Is there a way to disable the auto loading intro animation?
I cannot skip it if I alt tab, which is pretty annoying.

Yeah, as I said, other animations are kinda fine. But the movement especially during jumping around was too slow. 2.0x or 4.0x is kinda too fast for the other animations. But I'll manage I guess.

But I am very nitpicking right now, the game is very fun.

CritiestBunny

Critical Forge
Developer
CritiestBunny
Could you tell me what libraries you use for the intro/movies? I'm getting a black screen on them in wine.

Hey they are .avi with h.264 encoding for UE4 needs. Can you tell me what OS and version you have? We've had some issues with Win10 but our latest testing has been good on Win10 as well so far.

As to the question about elves, in Attiras the "Vogisi" are elf-like in that they have long ears (that go down instead of up) and are long-lived, but they are also a hive-minded matriarchal race with bony protrusions that look like gills on the backs of their necks.
The Neshalan are the race you and your main character play as, are the result of breeding between the human and volgisi population, thats where the tensions start some few thousand years before the events in the game.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
CritiestBunny
Could you tell me what libraries you use for the intro/movies? I'm getting a black screen on them in wine.

Hey they are .avi with h.264 encoding for UE4 needs. Can you tell me what OS and version you have? We've had some issues with Win10 but our latest testing has been good on Win10 as well so far.

As to the question about elves, in Attiras the "Vogisi" are elf-like in that they have long ears (that go down instead of up) and are long-lived, but they are also a hive-minded matriarchal race with bony protrusions that look like gills on the backs of their necks.
The Neshalan are the race you and your main character play as, are the result of breeding between the human and volgisi population, thats where the tensions start some few thousand years before the events in the game.
This does not answer the question: Can I slaughter elves?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom