Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher W3EE - Overhaul mod to TW3 that fixed everything that was wrong with vanilla game.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

hello dude that file does not exist anymore and now i have problem with that shit again , can u pls reupload that or help me with that ??
Perkel's or mine?

this is mine:
https://files.catbox.moe/wpzgum.zip

It's probably not the same as the latest version, but it could/might still work, so long as it's version 4.XX as well (since I updated it at version 4.42). backup files first just in case.

Or you could just search for these two files and remove all references to the "killplayerforlolz" script (may not be spelled right here, but just look for it in the "w3ee" tags and you'll find it).

I think Perkel was talking about this file:
https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/2459/?

Last edited by a moderator:

Mlci20

Barely Literate
hello dude that file does not exist anymore and now i have problem with that shit again , can u pls reupload that or help me with that ??
Perkel's or mine?

this is mine:
https://files.catbox.moe/wpzgum.zip

It's probably not the same as the latest version, but it could/might still work, so long as it's version 4.XX as well (since I updated it at version 4.42). backup files first just in case.

Or you could just search for these two files and remove all references to the "killplayerforlolz" script (may not be spelled right here, but just look for it in the "w3ee" tags and you'll find it).

I think Perkel was talking about this file:
https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/2459/?
i talk about perkels about that companion mod , a have problem to launch that with w3ee

Mlci20

Barely Literate
it sad to me this shit Error [modw3eemain]local\w3ee - imports.ws(6): Class 'CEntityTemplate' was already exported. and dont know what to do with that

a cut of domestic sheep prime

no idea.

the recommended solution is to merge the mod by hand, basically modding any of W3EE's conflicting files with the modifications from the mod you want.

Perkel

Arcane
Tried to do that with latest version of W3EE (i mean companion mod) and after hour i just gave up.

SkiNNyBane

Liturgist
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Tried to do that with latest version of W3EE (i mean companion mod) and after hour i just gave up.

Yea I tried doing the same. They both change so much shit that you basically need to figure out what everything does. I gave up.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
So now I am completely confused about Ghost mod and EE
So, if I wanted a Morrowind or Gothic like experience which of these mods comes closer to that “a goblin is a goblin” feeling?

Yosharian

Arcane
So, if I wanted a Morrowind or Gothic like experience which of these mods comes closer to that “a goblin is a goblin” feeling?
Well, I installed EE and I'm really impressed with how it removes nearly all the retarded shit

Perkel

Arcane

W3EE. Ghost is basically reworked vanilla which means that lvl 50 drowner will pummel your lvl1 geralt like it was some kind of dragon.
In W3EE there are no levels anymore and drowners are drowners, wolves are wolves etc.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
I've only played a couple hours of Witcher 3. Would it be a good idea for me to use this mod?

Andhaira

Arcane

W3EE. Ghost is basically reworked vanilla which means that lvl 50 drowner will pummel your lvl1 geralt like it was some kind of dragon.
In W3EE there are no levels anymore and drowners are drowners, wolves are wolves etc.

Doesn't that change the entire game? Won't that break something?

If not, why the fuck did CDPR go with level scaling in the original TW3, especially after the famed backlash against Oblivion which had a similar problem?

Perkel

Arcane

Doesn't that change the entire game? Won't that break something?

If not, why the fuck did CDPR go with level scaling in the original TW3, especially after the famed backlash against Oblivion which had a similar problem?

Vanilla game doesn't scale anything. It just have shitty leveling system where everything about 5lvl above you gets like 1000% more life and huge defense boost while everything below 5 levels gets negative life and defense.

As for W3EE they removed levels but they also removed gear levels. Which means that your basic sword is more or less as good as your best sword. The difference comes now from build you are creating. So if you build around freeze that gives you boost not some number on sword.

Thanks to this many weapons and types of weapon became viable. For example blunt weapons are pretty nice for golems so it is worthwile to have such piece in case of those. On other hand many relic weapons really now feel like different thing. So you have for example silver sword focused on fighting wrights, does half the damage but it completely disables wrights invisibility state for rest of fight. But it is pretty shit on anything other than them.

So unlike vanilla it feels like you are playing actual witcher that looks for keys to solve problems instead of just power and better armor. Since relic weapons now are expensive (each relic weapon needs expensive refurbish) and costly to maintain you also have reason to use non relic weapons.

Similar stuff with armor. Armor is categorized like vanilla into light, medium, heavy and all play differently but 2 pieces of heavy armor from start and end game will be pretty much the same defense wise outside of few hard to get ones.

Imho the best feature of W3EE is how they were able to make exploration worthwile. Thanks to mentioned relic system finding one imminently fires up your snake brain trying to predict what special ability will have and what resources that relic will need to refurbish all in all cursing that you are out of crowns because everthing in W3EE now costs arm and leg and stuff you sell hardly give you money.

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
Vanilla game doesn't scale anything.
Except loot, which fucks up itemization beyond belief.

Another massive issue with vanilla TW3's shitty level system is that, unless the player is a cretin, Geralt grows in power much faster than enemies do. The power curve is insane, and I can't believe someone actually approved of it. Level 3 drowners can fuck up a level 3 Geralt quite easily, but when you reach level 10 or so and have access to some decent abilities, mutagens, potions and equipment, everything in your level range will be a cakewalk, and you have to go searching for skull monsters to find an interesting encounter.

Perkel

Arcane
And vanilla has this retarded +/- 5 level barier so even without armor with your worst hatchet everything below you by 5 lvl will get anihilated.

Funny thing is that W3EE originally was designed by one of CDPR devs.
Similar thing happened to FCR for TW2 but that was modder who went to work in CDPR (i think it was even the same guy who did W3EE mod)

Dedicated_Dark

Arbiter
And vanilla has this retarded +/- 5 level barier so even without armor with your worst hatchet everything below you by 5 lvl will get anihilated.

Funny thing is that W3EE originally was designed by one of CDPR devs.
Similar thing happened to FCR for TW2 but that was modder who went to work in CDPR (i think it was even the same guy who did W3EE mod)
Maybe they should promote him to lead designer then. Playing the Witcher 3 vanilla doesn't inspire much confidence in Cyberpunk.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Safe to remove level indicators with this mod? A creature you killed 20 levels ago won't one shot you all of sudden?

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Does the EE mod reduce the frequency of monsters spawning in the outdoor areas?

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
So which one is the best combat overhaul mod? This one? Ghost? BCE? Will (maybe) replay the game.

Ghost Mode is a turbo-charged, tweaked, slightly harder vanilla, and the work of one author who really enjoyed the game out of the box but just wanted to enhance it (properly speaking). It's a really great mod that does what it says on the tin, it improves and tweaks the base game (including its combat) in lots of little ways that fit in nicely with the developers' original vision. Also, with Ghost Mode you still have some flexibility wrt adding other mods, it plays well with lots of other mods (and lots of other modders have made versions of their mods for GM).

W3EE is more of a total overhaul, it changes the game (especially the combat) quite significantly in many ways, and it's more the personal vision of a team, which you'll probably either like or loathe. It's a complete package and there are very few ways you can tweak it by adding other mods (other than some graphics mods) as it's heavily modified in and of itself. And it's really, really hard, even on baby difficulty it's harder than vanilla. But the good thing is that the difficulty is totally tweakable to your taste, and you can amp it up as you get used to the mod.

With GM you're still recogniseably playing TW3, with TW3EE you're no longer in Kansas.

Personally I prefer GM, as I think TW3EE is just a different game, a game I don't enjoy quite as much (though it certainly has some cool stuff in it). It's a bit over-fussy for my tastes, where GM is just fussy enough.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Guess I'm gonna go with GM then. From what I've seen online, EE is more like AE: autism edition. Dat alchemy :lol:
...wow. Looks like a paradox game.

Perkel

Arcane
So which one is the best combat overhaul mod? This one? Ghost? BCE? Will (maybe) replay the game.

Vanilla = shit
Ghost = Vanilla+
W3EE = reworked a lot of combat especially for m+k users, weapons and armors don't have levels, secondary stats given more importance to create a build, every enemy can fuck you up if you are idiot regardless if you play 5 hours or 55hours

JDR13

Arcane
Guess I'm gonna go with GM then. From what I've seen online, EE is more like AE: autism edition. Dat alchemy :lol:
...wow. Looks like a paradox game.

If the changes in GM turn out to be too much for your liking, check out FCR3. It's a bit lighter and was made by one of the CDPR devs.

Frozen

Arcane
If I wasn't lazy I would make a mod that in reality only removes red skull from enemies and put a ton of BS description of fake combat balancing.

It would be considered 10/10 total fix for this game....like its that great gameplay from Dark Souls man.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom