Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview The Outer Worlds August Bonanza - Gameplay Footage, Previews and Interviews

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
I just looked at the steam page and it says no release until 2020. Why all the press now? Is it going into early access or something? God knows Obsidian games can always use more beta testers.

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
As much this looks good to me, I still don't want Pillars 3 to be first person game as some suggested.

Last edited:

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Why does every futuristic FPS (post-apoc or otherwise) has cartoon aesthetics nowadays?

The 18-35 audience isn't what it used to be.

8NVgliG.jpg

Quillon

Arcane
If it had cartoon aesthetics(bioshock, dishonored, borderlands) I'd have been the first one to tell Cainarsky fuck off. It just has colorful color palette :P

Corvinus

Arcane
Yes, why indeed, thesecret1. "Unappealing" is the best description I've seen of this game yet. Unappealing ...In both artistic style and otherwise. Who thought that giving the women dyke haircuts was a good idea? Sailor Woedica? The presumed dykes of the art department? Nothing in this game stands out or interests me, and it is not because I've grown old and bitter.

Last edited:

Alpan

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
I can almost taste Feargus' elation in spending all the Microsoft marketing cash for this stuff. Unfortunately, this game's promise peaked with the reveal trailer. This last press tour is likely to be a complete waste of resources.

Duraframe300

Arcane
I can almost taste Feargus' elation in spending all the Microsoft marketing cash for this stuff. Unfortunately, this game's promise peaked with the reveal trailer. This last press tour is likely to be a complete waste of resources.

Marketing is paid and organized by Private Division. Probably some of that Epic money in use.

Unless Feargus is diverting some money, though wouldn't know why he'd need to unless he does that shit purely for the sake of it.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
any word on unarmed?

as in, is it OP like in New Vegas before it was borked?

I asked. Unarmed is not in the game.

Personally I always play unarmed, so this is a huge minus.

what

heresy

Agreed. I play Unarmed when I'm stuck with a DM who I know is going to screw me on itemization (such as by arbitrarily taking away my armor and weapons), but going Unarmed in games themed around finding and using big guns seems a bit idiosyncratic.

Yes, why indeed, thesecret1. "Unappealing" is the best description I've seen of this game yet. Unappealing ...In both artistic style and otherwise. Who thought that giving the women dyke haircuts was a good idea? Sailor Woedica? The presumed dykes of the art department? Nothing in this game stands out or interests me, and it is not because I've grown old and bitter.

You're gonna learn to respect the dykes, boy. Or we're gonna make you learn.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Why do all the character models look so damn ugly?

Actually, this game made another imprssion to me - it almost looks like Kane and Boyarsky not actually managing the project.
Like, how to say it clearer - like if they are like old queen. Queen is a queen, but she is old and not actualy rule anything.
Like if they started that project, and then they were like softly pushed aside.
Something like that.

Last edited:

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
world record in unappealing companions. they really need Avellone

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
If I understand correctly the "tactical" mode in the game, where time is slowed down, is made possible by "brain damage". Exciting, huh

ciox

Liturgist
If I understand correctly the "tactical" mode in the game, where time is slowed down, is made possible by "brain damage". Exciting, huh

Someone wrote down early on that cryosleep and the VATS power should be tied together somehow, so that's what they have to call back to every time the subject comes up.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom