Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Black Angel

Arcane
what the fuck is wrong with the "loading" when you start the game? why does it take like a minute or more?
I think it's been that way since.... ever. Or perhaps ever since they updated launching the game now displaying that "loading window".
So I finished up the Expeditions arc, how do you make nice with either the pirates or the natives or is that just some kind of meme? I kinda sorta killed most of them. Also:
Who all will buy/react to the Acorn?
You should be able to join the pirates by going down the negotiation route the offer to join them when meeting their scouts and/or offer your service to their captain. Haven't tried it myself, but since the option is there it should be possible. As for the natives, I remembered that Styg confirmed they're always hostile.

As for the Acorn, haven't experimented with it since I've only finished the DLC once now.

Oh and fuck locusts, fuck those five minute turn taking bugs in their bug assholes with a gas grenade.
In case you haven't, turn up the combat speed all the way to 1000%, mate. But yeah, fuck those locusts, their numbers, their high initiative, and their high MP/AP.

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I did turn it up and they still take forever, I'd rather fight death stalkers than these things. I'll have to save making nice with the pirates for next time.

Parabalus

Arcane
what the fuck is wrong with the "loading" when you start the game? why does it take like a minute or more?
I think it's been that way since.... ever. Or perhaps ever since they updated launching the game now displaying that "loading window".
So I finished up the Expeditions arc, how do you make nice with either the pirates or the natives or is that just some kind of meme? I kinda sorta killed most of them. Also:
Who all will buy/react to the Acorn?
You should be able to join the pirates by going down the negotiation route the offer to join them when meeting their scouts and/or offer your service to their captain. Haven't tried it myself, but since the option is there it should be possible. As for the natives, I remembered that Styg confirmed they're always hostile.

As for the Acorn, haven't experimented with it since I've only finished the DLC once now.

Oh and fuck locusts, fuck those five minute turn taking bugs in their bug assholes with a gas grenade.
In case you haven't, turn up the combat speed all the way to 1000%, mate. But yeah, fuck those locusts, their numbers, their high initiative, and their high MP/AP.

Some of the ones I found:

1. Oldfield
2. Tanner
3. Azif
4. Dude
5. Consul Oliver
6. Aran (new guy, core city entrance elevator)
7. Eidein

Probably also pirates, but I had to kill them.

Black Angel

Arcane
Yes, because of the biocontamination,
the robot says you should dump all your stuff in the container, then if you get rejected (there is no clue that you should visit the joint center first) a naga protector wakes up. You still have to find your stuff after you pass the scan, didn't you have to strip?
I didn't strip, at all. Already had my hand planted with the microchip + upgraded it to C-4 clearance long before stepping into the JHS, and they let me in just like that. And I even wore the Rathound Regalia at the time :lol: probably a bug. Or perhaps there's something to do with some crafting components you brought? I vaguely remembered I cleared myself of some weight before going to JHS.

Parabalus

Arcane
the robot says you should dump all your stuff in the container, then if you get rejected (there is no clue that you should visit the joint center first) a naga protector wakes up. You still have to find your stuff after you pass the scan, didn't you have to strip?
I didn't strip, at all. Already had my hand planted with the microchip + upgraded it to C-4 clearance long before stepping into the JHS, and they let me in just like that. And I even wore the Rathound Regalia at the time :lol: probably a bug. Or perhaps there's something to do with some crafting components you brought? I vaguely remembered I cleared myself of some weight before going to JHS.

What difficulty are you on?
I had to strip even with the implanted chip, then you have to trek through stuff a bit until you can recover your items,
which would have been extremely brutal had I not been playing PSI.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
i dont remember it's ever this long when i played it . . . at release and it's when before i upgraded my PC

I dunno. Maybe it takes time to load up the five billion fucking swarms that this DLC introduces because I guess Swarms Are Fun is the design philosophy now.

Black Angel

Arcane
i dont remember it's ever this long when i played it . . . at release and it's when before i upgraded my PC
Yes, at release it was relatively quicker. Much quicker, in fact. And then, at some point, probably after one of the bigger patches, I distinctly remembered the loading during launch became very, very slow. And iirc it was even before they updated the game with the new "loading" window. I just shrugged it as having to do with my old ass ancient laptop, but with people confirming the long ass loading during launch en masse....

Anyway, in case you (and anyone else, for that matter) haven't notice, the long "loading" window should only be the case when you first turned on your PC for the very first time. After that, if you close the game for whatever reason, and then launch the game again, the loading shouldn't take as long, in fact it should be much quicker. Or so is the case in my old ass ancient laptop. Try it, bre.

What difficulty are you on?
I had to strip even with the implanted chip, then you have to trek through stuff a bit until you can recover your items,
which would have been extremely brutal had I not been playing PSI.
Normal. If Styg actually implemented some different situation based on difficulty, that would be cool.... and probably gonna hurt some butts.

I dunno. Maybe it takes time to load up the five billion fucking swarms that this DLC introduces because I guess Swarms Are Fun is the design philosophy now.
I can smell a meme being born
:kfc:

Parabalus

Arcane
Normal. If Styg actually implemented some different situation based on difficulty, that would be cool.... and probably gonna hurt some butts.

I wouldn't be surprised. The musical cipher is much simpler of Easy, so it goes beyond combat already.

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
For some reason I couldn't figure out that damn cipher at all and I took (and passed) music theory. Of course that was a long time ago. It's all for a gun I'll never use on my current build anyway, because muh shotguns. Speaking of which I think the double barrel needs to be available a lot sooner and without a mercantile check, it's very effective and would have been great help early on.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
Fucking lol. That Styg & Co. actually thought there'd be a single person on the face of the earth who'd want to slog through all the music theory text and find themselves having fun with this puzzle might be the most pretentious and presumptuous thing they've ever done with this game. I'm a fucking musician and have been for 30 odd years, I actually have band practice in an hour, and there is nothing I would rather NOT do than this fucking puzzle.

"I know we took 4 or so years slowly working on this game before finally releasing it, but we had to make sure it was as much of a fucking unfun slog as possible. Hope you enjoy!"

Black Angel

Arcane

I wouldn't be surprised. The musical cipher is much simpler of Easy, so it goes beyond combat already.
Wtf? The cipher gets simpler on Easy? How hard will it be on DOMINATING....

Speaking of which I think the double barrel needs to be available a lot sooner and without a mercantile check, it's very effective and would have been great help early on.
I vaguely remembered someone saying the Ferryman isn't crucial for the DLC. Not sure how true is that considering you need someone to help you to
tow the submarine to the Substation.

Fucking lol. That Styg & Co. actually thought there'd be a single person on the face of the earth who'd want to slog through all the music theory text and find themselves having fun with this puzzle might be the most pretentious and presumptuous thing they've ever done with this game. I'm a fucking musician and have been for 30 odd years, I actually have band practice in an hour, and there is nothing I would rather NOT do than this fucking puzzle.

"I know we took 4 or so years slowly working on this game before finally releasing it, but we had to make sure it was as much of a fucking unfun slog as possible. Hope you enjoy!"
I had piano lessons for 7 years or so (had to resign after my last grade promotion because need to focus on my essay to graduate college), and I had fun just solving the puzzle, even though it was a bit confusing at first though that probably had to do with me tried to stay awake at 1 AM to solve the puzzle. Are you playing on Hard/DOMINATING? Probably had something to do with that. Anyway, it's no harder than the mutagen puzzle, but then again, I was a Chemistry graduate.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
The only way I can describe my experience playing this DLC is that it is like hate-fucking an ex who I used to be head over heels in love with.

Tigranes

Arcane
Health Centre,

Arrived, looked around, got a couple of visions, talked to the Deathman then had to fight off all the robots. Now it's just the receptionist, electric locks out of power, doors closed, can't get out using eelvator due to low will, and seemingly literally nothing to interact with to open the other wings?

ciox

Liturgist
For Joint Security Headquarters,

Do you need to go to the health center first to pass the bioscan? That's what I'm guessing, but jesus, in that case why tell me to go to any of those two and make me jetski back and forth
I'm stuck right before that myself. Can you tell me how you
managed to pass by the four plasma turrets at the entrance?

Just got the game, very hyped (last rpg I played was Avernum, love subterranean stuff). Managed to last 3 hours before the game forced me to finally install cheat engine.
For speedhack, specifically. How in the hells can people make an entire fleshed out game only to fuck up literally the most basic thing, walking speed, that they only needed to double or something?
Normal people press + on their numpad but no, might as well install a cheat engine and rant on the Internet that the game is deeply flawed.

Hilarious.
This was a big enough issue during the 3 years a built-in speed up didn't exist that a special cheat engine exe was made just for Underrail, which I still use: https://underrail.com/forums/index.php?topic=2867.0
It goes up to x16 which is unironically what you want when crossing through previously explored areas or waiting for a 60 second health hypo cooldown to end, the built-in one only goes up to about x3 or so.
It also works while riding a jetski unlike the built-in one, which is quite nice given riding a jetski is very closely associated with passing through previously explored areas.

Tigranes

Arcane
For Joint Security Headquarters,

Do you need to go to the health center first to pass the bioscan? That's what I'm guessing, but jesus, in that case why tell me to go to any of those two and make me jetski back and forth
I'm stuck right before that myself. Can you tell me how you
managed to pass by the four plasma turrets at the entrance?

Just got the game, very hyped (last rpg I played was Avernum, love subterranean stuff). Managed to last 3 hours before the game forced me to finally install cheat engine.
For speedhack, specifically. How in the hells can people make an entire fleshed out game only to fuck up literally the most basic thing, walking speed, that they only needed to double or something?
Normal people press + on their numpad but no, might as well install a cheat engine and rant on the Internet that the game is deeply flawed.

I had to destroy the turrets, which was a pain in the butt with a non-PSI Spearman, but EMP nades stun/damage them very well.

Mac_Orion

Stygian Software
Developer
The only way I can describe my experience playing this DLC is that it is like hate-fucking an ex who I used to be head over heels in love with.
Because of the puzzle or something else that annoys you? (swarms are build dependent, some builds have it easier than others, for example its possible to oneshot the hive with cryo orb, and AOE ignores most of the evasion against locusts, destroyed hives will make that the locust no longer respawn there)

I vaguely remembered someone saying the Ferryman isn't crucial for the DLC. Not sure how true is that considering you need someone to help you to
There are other ways to do it beyond the help of the ferryman.

Candide

Educated
Health Centre,

Arrived, looked around, got a couple of visions, talked to the Deathman then had to fight off all the robots. Now it's just the receptionist, electric locks out of power, doors closed, can't get out using eelvator due to low will, and seemingly literally nothing to interact with to open the other wings?
Have you talked to the receptionist?

Tigranes

Arcane
Health Centre,

Have you talked to the receptionist?

Yes, no help.
I had two visions, she had her Freudian slip and so there's plenty of inklings about what's going on. But in terms of what to do now the west and south doors are still closed, she can't open them, there are no strongmen to be found, there's no other options. The security computer can't lift lockdown, the strongmen on the east wing all went hostile after I talked to the deathman so now they are dead. Really can't see what interaction nodes are left?

Candide

Educated
I had two visions, she had her Freudian slip and so there's plenty of inklings about what's going on. But in terms of what to do now the west and south doors are still closed, she can't open them, there are no strongmen to be found, there's no other options. The security computer can't lift lockdown, the strongmen on the east wing all went hostile after I talked to the deathman so now they are dead. Really can't see what interaction nodes are left?
I might misinterpret where you are but from what I remember I talked to a friendly/suicidal strongman who ran away (which triggered other robots to be hostile). After that I've complained to the receptionist about the closed gates and she said "oh but one of them is open" and when I went to check it really was open

Tigranes

Arcane
I might misinterpret where you are but from what I remember I talked to a friendly/suicidal strongman who ran away (which triggered other robots to be hostile). After that I've complained to the receptionist about the closed gates and she said "oh but one of them is open" and when I went to check it really was open

Sounds similar, but what happened is:

Arrive by elevator to central area w/ 3 closed doors
Talk to receptionist in the area, who says 'oh but door is open', and lo the east door is open
East area contains the suicidal strongman
Talk to him, east area now full of hostile robots, fight them
Talk to receptionist about this and that, but no more doors opening or whatever

I wonder if it's a bug? I guess I'll try and start again from the start of Health Center save? Jesus, I really hate fighting these robots, it's just same routine rinse and repeat.

Candide

Educated
I wonder if it's a bug? I guess I'll try and start again from the start of Health Center save? Jesus, I really hate fighting these robots, it's just same routine rinse and repeat.
Did you by chance kill a strongman who was waiting in front of a closed gate (you can get into his room through a hole in the wall)? That one needs help to trigger the next sequence.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom