Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Knights of the Chalice - Steam Release on 23rd August

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Heroic Fantasy Games; Knights of the Chalice; Knights of the Chalice 2

I'm happy to announce that Knights of the Chalice will be released on Steam soon. It is finally happening after all these years. The Steam store page is already up, see here. That also means the Kickstarter campaign for KotC 2 will be coming, uhh, eventually.

Knights of the Chalice is a party-based RPG with turn-based combat for Windows. KotC 1 uses the OGL 3.5, the ruleset at the root of Dungeons and Dragons 3.5. In KotC 1, create four Adventurers and embark on a bold journey to save the Land from Slavers, Demons, Dragons and other Evil Forces, as your Heroic Party progresses all the way from level 1 to level 20.

A Kickstarter campaign is still planned for the future adventure modules of KotC 2. The first KotC 2 adventure module, Augury of Chaos, and the KotC 2 module and campaign editor will be released to backers as soon as the campaign ends. In KotC 2: Augury of Chaos, your Heroic Party confronts a group of Evil Fanatics allied with various Demons and Fiendish Dragons. Thank you for reading!

Best regards, Pierre Begue

SniperHF

Arcane
This is already one of the top results when searching for Knights of the Chalice, will make it tons more likely new people try it.

This Ultima VII perspecitve makes me sick. It's the worst perspective in any videogames ever.

DivDiv is worse.

Taurist

Scholar
Why did it take him this fucking long?
If you've kept up looking at the kickstarter page for KotC2 that he's been going to launch any day now for 4 months you would have learned that its because he was busy making the trailer.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
This is already one of the top results when searching for Knights of the Chalice, will make it tons more likely new people try it.

This Ultima VII perspecitve makes me sick. It's the worst perspective in any videogames ever.

DivDiv is worse.
I dunno, Divine Divintiy almost has a classic isometric view, but the camera is lowered, so it is closer to the ground. Not the best, but I liked it much more than the one in Ultima 7.

Modron

Arcane
Why did it take him this fucking long?
He had to learn how to stop hating money by having very little of it for a long time and a steady diet of roots before he realized the value of getting games on steam/gog.

TheGameSquid

Scholar
Right, so soon you'll be able to buy both Grimoire and Knights of the Chalice from Steam. What a time to be alive.

In fact, I think our job is now officially done. Time to close down the Codex folks!

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

Top-down used in the sequel is much worse. He should have just reused the original assets and added new monsters (same sprites, just rearranged colors and added details).

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

Top-down used in the sequel is much worse. He should have just reused the original assets and added new monsters (same sprites, just rearranged colors and added details).
Ultima VIII had classic isometric view, I don't see that as a bad thing.

PrettyDeadman

It looks even better in the current year than it used to look on release.

Farewell into the night

This game is good. Go buy it!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom