Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

razvedchiki

Erudite
What are the best shotguns?the one with the largest dps is the despot but it only holds 5 shells.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Hmm... not sure how to progress in

the Nexus of Technology. I got the Sonocaster, read the emails about the music cypher, picked up a security keycard, and whatever the strongman was holding. But I still can't report to the Professor. Did a few runs through the whole place to find what I missed and can't seem to. There's a few locked rooms that I can't enter and one has a computer. Any one know the conditions to report to the Professor?

Similar thing happened to me when I got quite a few bits of info, reported back, but Prof won't listen - but there was a thing that I had to go to the inventory, open up and read one of the things I had picked up. Memory is fuzzy but something to do with downloading one of the files or whatever - maybe it was just the coordinates. The point is, check the shit you picked up
I think you need to use a little pass and upgrade your security card to C4 right?

Blackmill

Scholar
Hmm... not sure how to progress in

the Nexus of Technology. I got the Sonocaster, read the emails about the music cypher, picked up a security keycard, and whatever the strongman was holding. But I still can't report to the Professor. Did a few runs through the whole place to find what I missed and can't seem to. There's a few locked rooms that I can't enter and one has a computer. Any one know the conditions to report to the Professor?

Similar thing happened to me when I got quite a few bits of info, reported back, but Prof won't listen - but there was a thing that I had to go to the inventory, open up and read one of the things I had picked up. Memory is fuzzy but something to do with downloading one of the files or whatever - maybe it was just the coordinates. The point is, check the shit you picked up
I think you need to use a little pass and upgrade your security card to C4 right?

Yeah, upgrading the security chip does it. Thanks.

Sinatar

Arbiter
Man the main expedition quest really fell apart at the end.

I had genocided the pirates *hours* before they somehow kidnapped Dr Oldfield. So I stroll back over there, every single pirate is dead, I find Oldfield in a room where all the guards are dead and *his cage is already open* because I picked it open when I slaughtered the place. So how did a pack of dead pirates kidnap him? Why did he stay in his open cage guarded by corpses? Reactivity kind of fell apart here.

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
What sets off Aran attacking? Is it just random?

Seems to be a random event, he jumped me in my basement when I stepped out of the rift, no idea if he attacks anywhere else.

What are the best shotguns?the one with the largest dps is the despot but it only holds 5 shells.

That's the trade off. For awhile I was using an extended tube despot to compensate, but at later levels with more traits, gun skill, and perception I think you're better off with a short barrel tactical, that's what I'm using in the deep caverns and it seems to work well.

I either keep my custom SMG in my off hand or the double barrel since that's 2 shells for the price of one.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Still sucks that we can't do anything with Vivian Young. Could've been a nice side hoe to have every time we came to Core City.

Whiskeyjack

Learned
Ugh - why do I find psi builds boring? I just have so much more fun with other builds (maybe augmented by Psi at most but not focused on it).

Because Magic is overpowered.

Dmwm.gif

I've tried to get a min-max sniper build and currently I'm rolfstomping the game.

I'm playing on Hard but look at this: they did not make it far. Saban and Dan both lived (including the plasma sentry).

ABCA1B0163711560160195A2F7B2698B496A9A34

The downside of min-max/specialization is that once the base build is done then the tactical choices start to vanish: you will do the same thing over and over until the end of the game. Maybe you will acquire new weapons but that's about it.

Basically at level 16 I have everything I need and I would go for the Expedition content but I just want to be able to craft a shitty Sniper rifle before I go there.
It's not even that it's easy. I think a psi-monk build is easy but I have fun with it. Same with sniper/trapper. I can't explain it except in that when my sniper build comes together, I feel like *I built that* and I have earned the roflstompedness, or if the fisting build starts coming together it's because I came up with a good build and I earned it. Psi builds/AR builds? They're impossible to fuck up and pretty much only depend on getting your tin can armor/AR or the skill point threshold to get your next spell. It doesn't feel like my build matters.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik

In my experience - Vindicator for single shots, and Tyranny is solid for bursts, low crit damage pays off with 4 shells in burst, and quick Sixth Shell cycling.
Despot looks like you using it when you need one powerful burst, because 5 shells and 3 in burst.
Or you need to reload it every turn.
It seems that short tactical variant is best, damage rise too fast so even lower chance to hit isn't problem.

Black Angel

Arcane
havent seen one, all I can read on wiki is that it reduces mechanical dmg and is single target. Does dmg scale of quality or mechanical dmg of weapon? How high dmg is it when compared to standard shock?
There's a shitload of those emitters in the Black Sea. In particular, one of the robot types have it installed as their weapon and there's a chance to gain them as loot.
Energy Edge Emitter doesn't feel all that strong compared to Electroshock to me, electrical resistances are almost as rare as energy resistances so its main uses seem to be:
- dealing with Coil Spiders
- not breaking freeze and incapacitation if you trigger those often
It should be useful against heavily armored foes, but not against bots and shielded enemies. Crabs, for example, are pretty much immune to electrical stun, so I think it's useful against them and other 'armored' wildlife like burrower warriors and azuridae goliathus.
And what happen when you plant it? How much damage hive takes?
Instant death, of course. But note that I managed to plant a TNT pretty close to a hive after I found that they act as an NPC whose 'vision' is fixed to a particular area, so if you sneak 'behind' them, their detection meter will fill up very, very slowly, more than enough time to plant a TNT close to them and back off.
Unfortunately, it doesn't wipe out the swarm at the same time. If lucky, they're down to 4-5 locusts which is still pretty annoying if they disperse.
What sets off Aran attacking? Is it just random?
Seems to be a random event, he jumped me in my basement when I stepped out of the rift, no idea if he attacks anywhere else.
The trigger should be not giving him the Acorn, but I don't know how true is that based on your answers. I saw that I can persuade him into thinking that the Faceless took it from me, but I just chose to tell him that I gave it to someone and I'm not at a liberty to tell who it is.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
I just blew over 30,000 charons on my house, and I don't even have any of the turrets or the bot yet.

Wait, was I supposed to be saving up for Super Steel? :negative:

Fuck, I haven't even started the expansion yet. How the shit am I going to afford a jetski? :negative::negative:

On the other hand, good money sinks are a great thing. :mixedemotions::dealwithit:

Black Angel

Arcane
The Expedition pays nicely, and their merchants had quite a load of cash to blow for your loot + couple of other things you might find useful based on your build.

Or, you could, you know, go down the pirate route and sack the Northerners assets for yourself. Yar har fiddle dee dee!

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
If you work with the Expedition and do a good job, you don't really need to worry about buying a Jet Ski tbh.

How do I go about getting to that Graveyard Mcgufifn thing y'all were talking about? I got the drawing from Yngwar and spoke to the Ferryman but there was no option to show it to him? Did I miss something? Do I need to talk to him after I see the Monument?

Popiel

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Fuck me this game is so good. I'm playin' it for the first time in ages (I excused myself with coming addon I waited for the expansion of course) and I'm havin' a blast. Devs have my eternal salutes.

Black Angel

Arcane
How do I go about getting to that Graveyard Mcgufifn thing y'all were talking about? I got the drawing from Yngwar and spoke to the Ferryman but there was no option to show it to him? Did I miss something? Do I need to talk to him after I see the Monument?
You go to Sormirbaeren Graveyard, find the grave with the matching rune, and check the body part as mentioned by the Ferryman.

Word of advice: put a hard save before entering. I could give you more but wouldn't want to spoil your experience.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I just blew over 30,000 charons on my house, and I don't even have any of the turrets or the bot yet.

Wait, was I supposed to be saving up for Super Steel? :negative:

Fuck, I haven't even started the expansion yet. How the shit am I going to afford a jetski? :negative::negative:

On the other hand, good money sinks are a great thing. :mixedemotions::dealwithit:
Super steel isn't even that good. I rolled 12 of them and only got 1 that was of 114 quality and the rest were below 100.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
But to be honest, all you do is have to wait a few minutes and just trade all the shit you left on the ground to traders and get all your money back in no time for the xpack.

Black Angel

Arcane
You can also repair and sell a Lemurian jet ski.
The Reef Glider? Who'll buy it? Ray and Squeezer won't. Haven't tried Boulder, and I honestly don't know how and when will he shows up.

The pirates?
I think Ray does some goofy thing where he doesn't want it but later changes his mind, just to keep things interesting.
I mean the options weren't there. My character acted like he doesn't bring any jetski

Or should I actually bring the jetski right into the inner dock of his shop? Where he display his goodies?

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Just found the Rejects for the first time in Tchort University. Crazy this game always has new stuff to find. Anyway to actually get them out succesfully without massacring the Tchortists?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom