Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Phoenix Point - the new game from X-COM creator Julian Gollop

Mazisky

Magister
No chance PP is worse than nuXcom. nuXcom is barely playable without mods.
Latest footage of PP already shows a better game than vanilla nuXcom or nuXcom 2.

The "barely playable" game is considered one of the best strategy games of the last decade by the way.
I don't care what morons of the world consider best. Those same morons also think Avatar and Titanic are one of the best movies ever. Or consider Skyrim and Fallout 4 one of the best RPGs.

I play games since '92 and Ufo defense was my first strategy game i've ever played along with Dune 2.

I played and loved almost all strategy games in 25 years and i still think Xcom 2 is the best strategy game of the last decade, even with its flaws.
I am sorry to hear that. I hope you recover from that brain injury.

My tastes are real and honest, not influenced by the need of being edgy just to raise attention. I am totally fine.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
The Anu mutations sure are strong, the sniper's claw goes right through his rifle...

Too bad they haven't got you in their team, the best world game designer with a huge resume made of whining in forums.
Eh, I don't think one joking comment is worth to be called a "huge resume". But feel free to apply yourself, you seem to be well-versed in this art.

Don't fret man!
I jokingly copy/pasted the reply I received when nonjokingly I stated my criticism of the game.

So I guess humor is the key to not trigger the butthurtness of hypocryte cretins with tastes that are "real and honest" that also claim not to be attention whores.
:)

Mazisky

Magister
The Anu mutations sure are strong, the sniper's claw goes right through his rifle...

Too bad they haven't got you in their team, the best world game designer with a huge resume made of whining in forums.
Eh, I don't think one joking comment is worth to be called a "huge resume". But feel free to apply yourself, you seem to be well-versed in this art.

Don't fret man!
I jokingly copy/pasted the reply I received when nonjokingly I stated my criticism of the game.

So I guess humor is the key to not trigger the butthurtness of hypocryte cretins with tastes that are "real and honest" that also claim not to be attention whores.
:)

That joke clearly hurt you, i am sorry about that. It's nice to see you are a sensible person tho. :hug:

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik

Clearly

Now I don't know what is more despicable... converting butthurtness into claiming "it was a joke" thing or bragging you play games since you were 7 and thinking that this somehow gives you a veteran aura concerning strategy games and good taste :)

PS: the year is 2019

Mazisky

Magister

Clearly

Now I don't know what is more despicable... converting butthurtness into claiming "it was a joke" thing or bragging you play games since you were 7 and thinking that this somehow gives you a veteran aura concerning strategy games and good taste :)

PS: the year is 2019

Neither of them. It's more despicable to exist in order to whine in forums.

thesecret1

Arcane
My tastes are real and honest, not influenced by the need of being edgy just to raise attention.
They're also pretty shit is you consider nuXCOM to be a good strategy game, tbh. To name an easy example of a better game, in the same genre even, there's Xenonauts.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
"Ooh a new Gollop game, very stoked, game looks great, visuals look good, the armor and gear look interesting, like the overworld map and the tactical maps and....."

Breaking news Phoenix Point goes Epic exclusive.

"....and OMG this game looks crap, visuals are shit, look at the disgusting gear, overworld maps is vomit inducing and tactical maps look boring I haet this game so much."

This thread :lol:

ArchAngel

Arcane
"Ooh a new Gollop game, very stoked, game looks great, visuals look good, the armor and gear look interesting, like the overworld map and the tactical maps and....."

Breaking news Phoenix Point goes Epic exclusive.

"....and OMG this game looks crap, visuals are shit, look at the disgusting gear, overworld maps is vomit inducing and tactical maps look boring I haet this game so much."

There was a group of people here that shit on it way before it announced its Epic deal. Epic deal just bought in a few more.

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron

Either you're grasping at straws or your reading comprehension totally failed you. The shittening began as soon as microsoft was involved and the atmosphere of the game went from Carpenter to Halobro armors and generic aliens (plz compare early Siren model). Many people are still interested in the game for the mechanics, or at least anticipate this as a decent nuxcom tactical. Considering the delays and the generally apathetic development, I'd say many consider the additional year of EPWIC bugfixing and you and your Fortnite buddies providing free playtesting an added bonus, at this point.

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

Either you're grasping at straws or your reading comprehension totally failed you. The shittening began as soon as microsoft was involved and the atmosphere of the game went from Carpenter to Halobro armors and generic aliens (plz compare early Siren model). Many people are still interested in the game for the mechanics, or at least anticipate this as a decent nuxcom tactical. Considering the delays and the generally apathetic development, I'd say many consider the additional year of EPWIC bugfixing and you and your Fortnite buddies providing free playtesting an added bonus, at this point.
I'd say that the shittening began much earlier, with the visible nuXCOM influences/inspiration and AP system. And announcement of UI compromises for controller support.

Thal

Augur
I know I've been pointing out that the quality of gameplay will be ultimately what matters, but I have to say those screens are more offensive to eyes than a pair of bulbous horse testicles.

Which is what seems to be the inspiration behind this particular armor design.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik

I think that's the strapon used in Se7en by that serial killer.

039.png

ArchAngel

Arcane
ArchAngel correct me if i am wrong, do you think this will be better than Nuxcom2 vanilla but worse than LW2?
I am sure it will be better than vanilla but it remains to be seen if it will be better than LW2.
Although LW2 has all the same problems in tactical layer as vanilla, they just balanced it better, gave us more classes and more varied enemies. I expect tactical layer to be better than LW2 due to real inventory, real ammo, better class(less) system, ballistic shooting model, no pods and some other stuff.

The real question is if strategic layer will be up to par. We have yet to see how that one will look. What we have currently in the beta is very basic.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom