Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Blood: Fresh Supply - remaster by Nightdive Studios, published by Atari

Wunderbar

Arcane
New Pro Blood, this time it's powered by Fresh supply

mwnn85

Savant
I've been sticking to NBlood but with this upscaled sprite pack:
https://forums.duke4.net/topic/10525-release-blood-upscale-pack-20/
https://www.moddb.com/games/blood/addons/blood-upscale-pack-2051

And an equivalent pack for Duke3D:
https://forums.duke4.net/topic/10473-release-duke-nukem-3d-upscale-pack/

Thankfully it isn't a complete travesty like the HRP for Duke3D.
Keeping my eye on this one as well:
https://forums.duke4.net/topic/10669-cultists-with-proper-weapons/
Be nice to see the cultists wielding the proper weapons!

Apparently Fresh Supply is no longer going to get patches from Night Dive due to Atari taking over the product due to the deal between them.
Any new patches would have to be done by them.

Screenshot_20190805_065813_com.discord.jpg

Curratum

There is nothing wrong with the port, the only people complaining are people who either never played the game and are just trying to shit on Night Dive for some reason, or full-blown, clinical-grade autists who are mad that two pixels in one level don't render quite the way they do in the DOS .exe.

I've played through all episodes, including the expansion, three times. Absolutely no issues on the non-release, later builds, and that was a few patches ago.

There were a number of issues with the way the engine rendered the Death Wish mod (which is what everyone wants to play as it's the biggest and best mod), including progress-breaking ones. All the progress-breaking ones were fixed while I was still on their discord months ago. The rest are likely either fixed by now or will be fixed with the new September 2019 release / update of Death Wish announced by the mod dev.

Blood Fresh Supply is a great game, priced very attractively, and I can wholeheartedly recommend it to anyone who likes the source material or is interested in an old classic shooter.

I can't help but get Obsidian vibes from that. "Ohhhhh, nooooo, it's the publisher's fault". Because big bad Atari wants to stop them patching and fixing a 22 year old shooter which Atari is also profiting from? Color me fucking suspicious.

Curratum

I can't help but get Obsidian vibes from that. "Ohhhhh, nooooo, it's the publisher's fault". Because big bad Atari wants to stop them patching and fixing a 22 year old shooter which Atari is also profiting from? Color me fucking suspicious.

You understand that if they officially stated they're contractually obligated to hand it over to Atari and people are moaning, AND if it was fake news, Atari could easily step in and say that's not the case, right? Especially given NightDive is referring people to official Atari support.

You understand that if they officially stated they're contractually obligated to hand it over to Atari and people are moaning, AND if it was fake news, Atari could easily step in and say that's not the case, right? Especially given NightDive is referring people to official Atari support.
They could, but I wouldn't be surprised if Atari as a corporate entity doesn't even notice what's going on since I doubt the sales of Fresh Supply were even a blip on the radar. I'm in full tinfoil hat territory but it feels like either Nightdive shouldn't have signed an agreement that says "Bro you can't update the game 3 months after you release it, thems the breaks" in the first place, or something really fucking weird is going on at Atari where they want to specifically shit on Nightdive for a minor product like this. It's not even like the Duke Nukem Megaton edition getting pulled because Gearbox bought the IP and wanted to sell their own repackaging of it.

Grim Monk

Arcane
Death Wish is not the only thing of worth produced by the community.
I prefer the greater Build Engine backward compatibility with 22 years of fan made content.

If new mods appear with cool KEX Engine exclusive features not possible in old Blood then Fresh Supply might be worth getting on its own merit.

Currently I don't see the point of giving Atari money a second time if you already own OUHB.

Last edited:

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Probably Atari only funded 3 months of updates.

Anyway more things are coming apparently. Producer Daniel from Discord:

Official things will still come

I have stated that the game is not being abandoned

Atari still want us to do things with the game

JBro

Arbiter
It's in a better state than Megaton Edition and SW Redux. The latest version of both of those borked the weapon switching with mousewheel. Not to mention the wonky fucking mouselook.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
There is nothing wrong with the port, the only people complaining are people who either never played the game and are just trying to shit on Night Dive for some reason, or full-blown, clinical-grade autists who are mad that two pixels in one level don't render quite the way they do in the DOS .exe.

Remakes/remasters on PC... especially ones with mods out that already do most of the work... will always be shit on by people who are excited by shitting on things.

Goi~Yaas~Dinn

Savant

Curratum

His blog has been down for some time, it did not happen today. And as I said, the url has just been changed, original file is still up on ModDB.

Curratum

Man, the mod is AMAZING. I held out on trying to play it when FSupply came out because of the bugs that were still in, but now that this stuff has been fixed and even the cinematics work in FS, I sat down to play. Went through two and a half levels on Well-Done and it's soooo good.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom