Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland Wasteland 3 Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Bohr

Arcane
World map hype :bounce:

edit: 'Twas Unity

Quillon

Arcane

rating_lulz.gif

I think he means they are going to work on wasteland 3 for a decade, I mean it will be close to 5 years at this point when its released. After the DLC, then what? It wont be hard to make a decade out of wasteland at this point with the speed they seem to be going.

trailer screams "we want the zoomer audience"
I don't get it.

Do these zoomers like post-apocalyptic RPGs with the art style of Far Cry Blood Dragon? Because that's what the trailers show.

wtf.

does each generation just try to out fag the generation before it now? Is the next generation after zoomer going walk around with their BFF's rainbow painted cock up their ass going

"don't judge you fucking old ass millennial! We don't make ourselves conform to labels, just because my BFF's rainbow colored cock is up my ass as I walk around does NOT mean I am gay, that is totally you JUDGING me with your old millennial values and stuff"

fucking faggots

Last edited:

This screenshot looks similar to the Pyke-created mockup area that the Fig campaign launched with:

just put rainbows on shit! Young people love gays and rainbows! Fag it up! Put in some high looking cartoon characters just stuck randomly about , kids love stoned looking cartoons. Also Rando humor.... Dont forget the gay!!!

I fucking hate everything.

After that trailer I'm real worried about the tone. It seems to be a continuation of a trend I've been extremely frustrated with lately where everything has to mimic Marvel/Borderlands/Deadpool quippy reddit-tier humor and it fucking sucks. This happened to that Justice League movie when Joss Whedon took over, this is going to happen with the X-Men franchise now that it's part of the MCU. This happened with RAGE and Fallout. Nothing can be tonally dark anymore. Not even post apocalyptic shit apparently.

It’s not like Wasteland 2 was dark. Besides, I doubt the trailer reflects anything about the actual game. Fargo just doesn’t believe people will buy his RPGs if they’re marketed as such, and he has a tin ear when it comes to promotion. I’m betting no one at inXile liked this trailer, but they thought it’s what stupid normies would like. This trailer was like a dorky kid trying to be cool.
wasteland games have always had stupid shit in them

big ass rabits, stupid nuns..fallout made people forget and think wasteland was something it was not, but wasteland was always pretty dumb.

Ivan

Arcane
the e3 trailer was a failure. they should have doubled down on the RPG values the game has: char progression, some examples of reactivity, use of skills in world exploration. I would love to see a greater emphasis on using inv items on the world for solutions. Adding a lit bit of point and click puzzle solving was great, esp in the LA half of the game.

I don't mind the snow or shift to colorado, but I don't understand the paragraph where the journalist says the snow and the "humor" somehow make it both more dark and realistic. Are deserts fake? Does Arizona not exist?

Does rando humor seem like a more 'real' response to nuclear Armageddon? I simply don't have any idea what the dude is going on about.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Hands-on demo is coming Gamescom: https://www.gamasutra.com/view/pres...orado_Arrives_in_Cologne_with_Wasteland_3.php

I guess this will be the back alpha version supposedly coming this month.

Post-Apocalyptic Colorado Arrives in Cologne with Wasteland 3

Koch Media, Deep Silver, and inXile entertainment invite all visitors of this year’s gamescom in Cologne to play a first ever hands-on demo of the upcoming tactical RPG Wasteland 3. Created by Brian Fargo and his team at inXile, the demo invites players to the frozen wastes of Colorado to deal with one of the game’s side missions, and reach one of four potential outcomes based on their actions. All players attending the show are welcome to explore Wasteland 3 at the Deep Silver and Friends Area in Hall 9* between August 20th and 24th. Wasteland 3 will be arriving in Spring 2020 on Xbox One, Xbox Game Pass, Playstation®4, Windows, Mac, and Linux.

In addition to playing the game, all visitors have the chance to meet some amazing post-apocalyptic cosplayers and take pictures with a car fit for any kind of Wasteland threat. And who knows, Brian Fargo himself might find time to meet and greet fans enjoying the demo.

All available assets can be found here:

https://presse.kochmedia.com/Wasteland-3

About Wasteland 3

The legendary series, which pioneered the post-apocalypse genre in video games, returns players to the role of Desert Rangers, lawmen in a post-nuclear world working to rebuild civilization from the ashes. Trading the dry, dusty heat of the American southwest for a perpetually frozen Colorado, Wasteland 3 features a number of chilling new locations where the Rangers receive an even frostier reception from the locals.

In addition to narrative choices and consequences, and the tactical turn-based combat that the series is known for, Wasteland 3 delivers brand new features, including a dynamic conversation system that highlights the weird and wild denizens of the Colorado Wasteland, an upgradable player vehicle, and the ability to play through the storyline cooperatively with a friend online.

*ASUS is the official Gamescom 2019 Hardware Partner for Wasteland 3 .

Über Deep Silver

Deep Silver

Deep Silver develops and distributes interactive games for all platforms. The Deep Silver label means to captivate all gamers who have a passion for thrilling gameplay in exciting game worlds. Deep Silver works with its partners to achieve a maximum of success while maintaining the highest possible quality, always focusing on what the customer desires.

Deep Silver has published more than 200 games since 2003, including own brands like the critically acclaimed zombie action franchise Dead Island, action role-playing games from the Sacred world, successful adventures such as the Secret Files series and the role-playing realms of Risen. Upcoming highlights from Deep Silver include the next title in the Saints Row franchise, Sacred 3, Dead Island Riptide and Metro Last Light. Deep Silver also owns the development studio Volition based in Champaign, IL, USA. For more information please visit www.deepsilver.com

Koch Media

Koch Media is a leading producer and distributor of digital entertainment products (software, games and films). The company's own publishing activities, marketing and distribution extend throughout Europe and the USA. The Koch Media group has more than 18 years of experience in the digital media distribution business, and has risen to become the number one distributor in Europe. It has also formed strategic alliances with numerous games and software publishers: Bethesda, Capcom, Kaspersky Labs, NC SOFT, Sega, Square Enix and Tecmo-Koei, etc. in various European countries. With Headquarters in Planegg near Munich/Germany, Koch Media owns branches in Germany, England, France, Austria, Switzerland, Italy, Spain, the Nordic regions, Benelux and the USA. www.kochmedia.com

Über Koch Media

Koch Media ist ein führender Produzent und Vermarkter von digitalen Entertainment-Produkten (Software, Games und Filme). Die eigenen Publishingaktivitäten, die Vermarktung sowie die Distribution erstrecken sich dabei über ganz Europa sowie die USA. Die Koch Media-Gruppe weist über 20-jährige Erfahrung im Distributionsgeschäft von digitalen Medien auf und konnte sich als Distributor Nummer 1 in Europa positionieren. Mit zahlreichen Herstellern von Software und Games bestehen strategische Kooperationen: Bethesda, Capcom, Disney, Focus, Kaspersky Labs, NC Soft, Sega, Square Enix und Koei Tecmo usw. Koch Media mit Hauptsitz in Planegg bei München besitzt Geschäftsstellen in Deutschland, Österreich, Schweiz, England, Frankreich, Italien, Spanien, USA sowie Niederlassungen für Skandinavien und Benelux. www.kochmedia.com.

World map screenshot:

RjFfsoK.jpg

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Alpha on August 21st: https://www.fig.co/campaigns/wasteland-3/updates/944

Getting the Engine Warmed Up
POSTED: 08/05/2019

https%3A%2F%2Fplayfig.s3.amazonaws.com%2FCampaignMediaItem%2Fimage%2Fcampaign_media_item%2F2019%2F08%2F05%2F83bd727c-47c6-4241-9872-3fd4ce15550e

For Alpha Eyes Only
The Wasteland 3 Alpha is closer than ever, and those of you who have pledged at the First Access ($75) or higher tier (or added the Alpha as an add-on) will soon be getting hands-on with the game. Come August 21 you’ll be setting foot in the frozen post-apocalyptic Colorado for the first time.

This is an early preview, so we want to get in a few disclaimers. This demo is firmly an Alpha, so every single piece of the game you’ll see and play will very much be a work in progress. While we’re going to do our best to provide a stable build, you should expect some amount of crashes, performance drops, compatibility issues, etc. to be possible. That’s part of what we’re testing and getting your feedback on. Speaking of which, stay tuned for official feedback and reporting methods.

The Alpha is combat-focused, and revolves around the last leg of your journey to deal with one of the Patriarch’s children, lovingly known as the Psychopath. At this point in the game you’re higher level, and are taking the last few steps to deal with him in the mountain town of Aspen—however you choose to do that. You’ll get to experience most of the systems related to combat, including the player vehicle. We will have some things purposely blocked off, like the Perk and Skill menus, and multiplayer, which aren’t quite ready to see just yet.

https%3A%2F%2Fplayfig.s3.amazonaws.com%2FCampaignMediaItem%2Fimage%2Fcampaign_media_item%2F2019%2F08%2F02%2Ff7f23e32-012f-4c0d-a428-1a0649f8db65

Traversing the world map in Wasteland 3.

While the full game will include the deep narrative choices, colorful characters, and all of the broad RPG systems and experiences you know and love in Wasteland, our goal with the Alpha is to get early testing and feedback on combat basics and a sense of how players are tackling the game in terms of its level designs and available systems, and we’re hoping you put it through its paces.

And Everyone Else
For many of you who didn’t back at the Alpha tiers, you’ll be looking forward to Early Access, which is the second demo we’ll have before launch. Alpha and Early Access will both use the same Steam entry (the Alpha will be replaced with the Early Access demo), so Alpha users you’ll only need to redeem one key to play both, and Early Access players you’ll get your keys later on when we get closer to that point. If you’re looking to get the full game on GOG, no worries, while the Alpha and Early Access will be run on Steam, your final product choice won’t be impacted.

Of course, Alpha players can take screenshots, videos, livestream, etc. and everyone can enjoy. Player’s choice, but based on past experience, you’ll probably want to keep an eye on Twitch and Youtube. Our fans have traditionally enjoyed sharing their experiences and impressions.

Meanwhile, in Investor Land!
For those of you who invested in Wasteland 3 beyond just backing the game, be sure to check your Fig-affiliated email for news on a 132% return on your investment. For our non-investment game backers wondering what it means for you, the answer is “Not a darn thing.” Wasteland 3 is still arriving on all the promised platforms, and everyone will still be getting their backer rewards. This was just part of the acquisition by Microsoft that got squared away, and was done with full understanding that it wouldn’t impact our backer commitments for the game.

Coming Soon to a Screen Near You!
We’re all heads are down working on the demo, and don’t want to spoil too much, but we couldn’t help but tease something else: the Alpha main menu that awaits you!

https%3A%2F%2Fplayfig.s3.amazonaws.com%2FCampaignMediaItem%2Fimage%2Fcampaign_media_item%2F2019%2F08%2F02%2Ff46b7631-33b1-4d55-afbc-8c29ee765c0a

Thanks again to our backers for your ongoing support, and we look forward to hearing your feedback once the Alpha in your hands.

Follow Us:

Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Alpha on August 21st: https://www.fig.co/campaigns/wasteland-3/updates/944

Meanwhile, in Investor Land!
For those of you who invested in Wasteland 3 beyond just backing the game, be sure to check your Fig-affiliated email for news on a 132% return on your investment. For our non-investment game backers wondering what it means for you, the answer is “Not a darn thing.” Wasteland 3 is still arriving on all the promised platforms, and everyone will still be getting their backer rewards. This was just part of the acquisition by Microsoft that got squared away, and was done with full understanding that it wouldn’t impact our backer commitments for the game.

https://www.gamasutra.com/view/news...stors_as_Microsoft_buys_publishing_rights.php

Fig to pay lump sum to Wasteland 3 investors as Microsoft buys publishing rights

Those that invested in inXile’s Wasteland 3 through its Fig crowdfunding campaign will receive a 132 percent return on their investment, rather than the performance-based payout outlined in Fig’s usual equity crowdfunding program.

That payout will be one lump sum rather than a series of returns following the game’s launch, though it makes for a higher dividend rate than the one originally listed in the Wasteland 3 campaign. The reason for this sudden switch, Fig explains in an email, is that Microsoft has purchased Fig's publishing rights for the game for nearly $2.3 million.

If this all sounds a little familiar, it’s because nearly the exact same thing happened with the Fig-funded game Psychonauts 2 this week, though the percentages and payouts differ just slightly.

Both inExile and Psychonauts 2 developer Double Fine were acquired by Microsoft within the past year, and it seems the company has now sat down with Fig to settle some of the details surrounding the crowdfunding campaigns that helped the games raise millions.

The Wasteland 3 deal sees investors receiving a dividend rate of 85 percent (as opposed to the campaign’s original 70 percent rate), and results in a payout of $1,320.75 per $1,000 share.

“As you may already know, inXile joined the Microsoft family late last year - we are excited for them for this next stage in their journey of making unique and creative games and can't wait to see what they do next,” explains the email. “As a part of this transition, Microsoft has also recently purchased Fig's publishing rights for Wasteland 3, for a price of $2,295,000 which will provide a positive return to all investors in Fig Game Shares.”

Both Wasteland 3 and Psychonauts 2 are among the largest campaigns Fig has hosted to date, with both raising over $3 million before funding closed. In the case of Wasteland 3, the game raised $3.12 million of its $2.75 million goal. Around $2.25 million of that total came from the sale of Fig Shares.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
After what happened with Deadfire, they're coming out ahead, really.

Forget Deadfire, they're getting a 32% return maybe a year before the first dividend date. Wasteland 3 would've had to sell close to 600,000 copies at full price to give investors an equivalent return. Even if you believe this game will be a hit, making those numbers takes time. It took 7 months for Wasteland 2 to break 350,000. A 132% payback in 2019 beats a 140% payback in 2021.

When you take Deadfire into consideration, Microsoft is being extremely generous here.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
is that even legal? To change the term unilaterally after a deal was made? Did the investors agree/ or does FIG have some vagu gibberish legal language in their TOS that lets them feel thney can do this because most people won't sue or bring them to court over this?

If I invested in something and the terms were changed w/o asking me I'd be livid.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.fig.co/campaigns/wasteland-3/updates/948

The Keys to Colorado
POSTED: 08/14/2019

https%3A%2F%2Fplayfig.s3.amazonaws.com%2FCampaignMediaItem%2Fimage%2Fcampaign_media_item%2F2019%2F08%2F14%2Fdc7b3d91-7609-43dc-91b5-97f1c5eb8407

Alpha Keys On The Way
For our Alpha backers, be sure to monitor the inbox (and, just in case, your junk folder) of the email account that you used to back Wasteland 3. CrowdOx will be distributing emails with links to access your key for the Alpha.

If you don’t get your email, you can also log into your CrowdOx account and access the key directly. CrowdOx has some directions (and a help contact email) on how to do that here: https://help.crowdox.com/article/czw13uzjfy-how-to-complete-an-open-survey-draft

Just a reminder that the Alpha is Windows-only and only on Steam. In order to access the Alpha, you will need to have the Steam app installed. Here are some quick walkthroughs for installing Steam and redeeming your game key:
And just to be super clear—while you can claim your key and activate it at your convenience, you will not be able to actually download and install the Alpha until 1am PDT on August 21.

Finally, if you don’t receive an email and you are expecting one, follow these steps:
  • Double check your Fig pledge to see if the Alpha is included in your pledge. Important note: “Early Access” is not the Alpha. Early Access will be closer to release.
  • If it was a part of your tier or you added the Alpha as an add-on but did not receive an email, access your rewards via the CrowdOx portal (as detailed in the first link). If the email got lost, you should be able to find it there. Likewise, check your “blocked senders” email list to make sure CrowdOx isn’t on there (and remove it if they are).
  • If you do these things and still aren’t seeing your Alpha key, you can contact CrowdOx (link above) to help you get a key assigned.
A New Trailer for Gamescom
We have a brand new trailer for the game prepared for our gamescom appearance. You’ll want to watch it LIVE as it premieres during Inside Xbox beginning at 8am PDT on Monday, August 19. Links to all the places it’s streaming (e.g. everywhere) can be found here.

Until Next Week
With gamescom and the Alpha landing next week, we’ll be back in touch with another update. Until then, thanks to all of you once again for your support of Wasteland 3! Some busy, exciting days ahead!

Follow Us:

Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom