Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
What are some other examples of series where developers tried to change the formula, it backfired and blew up in their face, and they actually admitted and then reverted to the previous working and good formula of the games before the attempt to change things? Trine 3 felt like a major case of "It's not broken, so stop trying to fucking fix it." where the 3D was concerned. What they could do better is improving combat and puzzle design.

The Postal series?

First game released in 1997 (with an expansion following the year after).
Second game released in 2003, two expansion packs released in 2003 and 2005.
Third game released in 2011.
Second game gets a new DLC expansion pack in 2015, that both retcons and shits all over the third game.
Remastered version of the first game released in 2016.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

https://www.pcgamer.com/trine-4-dev-diary-showcases-a-return-to-sidescrolling-fairy-tales/

Unsurprisingly, Trine 3 only appears briefly in the video, although the developers do take time to acknowledge that it bombed. "With Trine 3 we maybe got a little ambitious and we went full 3D. We underestimated the challenge that that would bring," vice president Joel Kinnunen says in the video. We ended up in some difficulties both in the game itself and also as a company, with the financial situation. That was a pretty hard toll on us."

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
October 8th: https://steamcommunity.com/games/690640/announcements/detail/1620652905343905000

Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince and Trine: Ultimate Collection arrive October 8

245a56de63a752a9dbcd604d58d35942412be199.jpg

Great news, we've got a release date for Trine 4 and a brand new trailer! Both Trine 4 and Trine:Ultimate Collection will launch on October 8th!

The Trine series returns to the magic of 2.5D with Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince! The three heroes are back, sent on a quest to retrieve the troubled young Prince Selius. Amadeus the Wizard, Pontius the Knight, and Zoya the Thief are joined together once again on a thrilling quest through fantastical fairytale landscapes teeming with danger.

To celebrate the announcement, we've got a gorgeous new gameplay trailer for Trine 4 that you'll find below:

Playfully showcasing the four-player co-op feature for the first time, the new trailer gives you a glimpse at new skills and multiplayer action! With an all-new combat system, Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince will have players vanquishing fantastical new enemies and solving new physics-based puzzles in the biggest and best Trine yet, as Trine 4 will have more gameplay than Trine 1, 2 and 3.

New Screenshots

195868b6dcab861d2f0e22ab72087d98d8170ea2.png
a3f227dde4af8d65cbd2244e095e8f5e42fc97d7.png
fa6ac4376556cda261dcc1d8dbdfb83adf2fae21.png
f40b3adffe2a1e5998a91b4a54b8c2dd27413f8e.png

Alongside Trine 4, Modus will release Trine: Ultimate Collection, the best way to experience the entire Trine series for new and existing fans alike. Packed with bonus content at retail, the bundle will include Trine Enchanted Edition, Trine 2: Complete Story, Trine 3: The Artifacts of Power, and Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince and will be available on PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and PC both physically and digitally.

For more information please visit www.trine4.com/#store

Note: We don't yet have any digital pre-orders, Steam included, but for now please wishlist the game if you'd like to see it in your library :)

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
When I noticed this thread, first I read the title as Thief 4. I was shocked in horror.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I am replaying all the trine games now,not because it is coming out,but because i fucked up my leg and feel like playing some arcady games. Finished 1 and was fun,just begun the second one and it lacks some good things from the first,also it have shit skill three compared to the first one.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Preorder available:

https://af.gog.com/game/trine_4_the_nightmare_prince?as=1649904300

https://steamcommunity.com/games/690640/announcements/detail/1617276469928640746

Hey everyone! The pre-purchases for Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince are now available on Steam :) Trine 4 is launching on October 8th this year, so only a little more than a month to go before you can jump into a new magical Trine adventure.

36bd289f66bc724ffad396f5e121545d9fb29cf2.png

• Toby’s Dream DLC Level: All pre-orders of Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince will get a bonus in-game level, Toby’s Dream, at launch. Toby the dog, as previously seen in Nine Parchments, has his own adventure in Heatherwood Hall with the Three Heroes! Follow the pawsteps of Toby and help him find all the treats hidden in the castle and its gardens.

Last edited by a moderator:

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
$30 seems a bit steep. Weren't previous entries sold cheaper? Hope the title does well.

Previous one cost 20 $ at release (from https://steamdb.info/app/319910/). I am pretty sure I had bought that one close to release, but I can't seem to find any record of that transaction, even if the game sit in my library. Edit: apparently I had bought a key elsewhere than Steam (so it didn't appear in the list of Steam transactions) and didn't keep the email.

Last edited:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
$30? They're going to go broke again. Assuming this is another 8-10 hour-ish platformer... you can't charge $30 for that these days.

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
It's the Trine 3 we never got!
Damn that's a good looking seal.

Those character models in the cutscene at the end though.. :prosper:

Last edited:

Machocruz

Arcane
The art and sound crews are talented as fuk. First game had such a pleasant and chill vibe. Played to 100% completion, which I rarely ever do. Would have done so even if it was a 20 hour gaem.

Neerasrc

Learned
The soundtrack of this game series is really great, but the musics of the 4th game is a bit weak. I felt so. Nice to see the 2.5 D again.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
The thief has become uglier...and it seems she is a gypsy now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom