Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GreedFall - Gold Edition - new colonial-themed action-RPG from Spiders

PsychoFox

Educated
Huh, the game is not open world. I was under the impression that it is. Not that i mind or anything but that's what i took away from the trailers. Anyhow, no Denuvo malware is a huge plus.
They said long ago that the game has multiple hubs rather than actual open world.
i wasn't born then yet probably.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Spiders are a good example why assembling a large team of people to work on a game doesn't make it better then smaller studios.

I like Spiders as a developer, jank and all, but the real problem is their aspiration has seemingly always been to take the role of budget Bioware. They want that romances and companions package deal.

Codex Year of the Donut
Spiders are a good example why assembling a large team of people to work on a game doesn't make it better then smaller studios.

I like Spiders as a developer, jank and all, but the real problem is their aspiration has seemingly always been to take the role of budget Bioware. They want that romances and companions package deal.
At least one developer has their priorities straight

Martyr

Arcane
as long as romances don't become part of the main story, I don't have a problem with them.
I'm proud to say that I've never ever had a single romance in any RPG, and I've played all of the Bioware and Original Sin games (except Inquisition and Andromeda). my avoidance skill is through the roof. :obviously:

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Huh, the game is not open world. I was under the impression that it is. Not that i mind or anything but that's what i took away from the trailers. Anyhow, no Denuvo malware is a huge plus.
They said long ago that the game has multiple hubs rather than actual open world.

Nice. I prefer hubs. Usually a much better structure for story.

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
I barely heard or saw anything about this game but those combat animation are really well done that almost make me give a try on this, Bioware animators should be shamed btw, this game combat seems SO MUCH fluid compared to the clunky and bugged animation of, well , any Bioware game ever. Props for the guys. Tho I didn't liked very much the voice protagonist neither the dialogue.. Seems.. Limited, both.

Also it seems at least a decent RPG all around even if go with the bare bones Warrior , Thief and Mage specs, i mean at least try give a different name. Anyway , give me good vibes.

JDR13

Arcane

Nice. I prefer hubs. Usually a much better structure for story.

I don't care if it's hub-based as long as the individual areas aren't linear.

The Real Fanboy

Omg amazing I'm so going to buy this game (and it sooo lewks like the Valians style in Pillars of Eternity so you could even recreate Pallegina
QSGbFWI.png
QSGbFWI.png
QSGbFWI.png
)

It's always weird to me when I see customizing your character as a selling point, but in this case it's kinda warranted because in Technomancer you could only play as a dude. That was apparently a big deal to some.

The-Technomancer-20160621201559.jpg

Yeah I can't even with rpgs that don't let me play as a fierce girl.

Theldaran

Liturgist
Romances were too big a temptation, and writing them doesn't require millions, unlike graphics. You've gotta cater to the ruins of Bioware.

krilcebre

Learned
How i understood it, there will be hubs and you won't be able to travel back to the ones you've already been in. Not bad, it could prove like a right decision from a narrative point of view.

EDIT: Seems like i got the traveling part wrong, dev said there are open connected areas

Jinn

Arcane
How i understood it, there will be hubs and you won't be able to travel back to the ones you've already been in. Not bad, it could prove like a right decision from a narrative point of view

As far as I understand, it's only the first city that you won't be able to return to, thankfully. Locking the player out of past explored locations is not a good approach for a game like this.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Sooo you could bang this three....

maxresdefault.jpg

greedfall-800x500-2.jpg

hwg1ic6pp4831.jpg

Even for a straight dude like me,there is only one option outside of non banging! Kurt here i come if i get drunk enough!

DeepOcean

Arcane
I like romances, will genocide Pocahontas tribe then keep her as a sexual slave, there you are problem solved, now you can romance all companions despite the side chosen.

jf8350143

Liturgist
Mod might fix it, if there is enough popularity to make mod happen.

On the other hand, Siora still looks better than Aphra .

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Mod might fix it, if there is enough popularity to make mod happen.

On the other hand, Siora still looks better than Aphra .
Yes! One short haired lesbian does look better than another short haired lesbian! Fuck sjw retards,now we don't get women in games any more,everything is generic short haired lesbians,just look at that cat pissed shit the outer worlds.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom