Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Blizzard announced "Classic" World of Warcraft

Self-Ejected

MajorMace

Self-Ejected
Patron
I suspect that past a few days, maybe weeks - a lot of people will wonder what tf they were expecting.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Aren't they using something that splits the servers so this entire thing with the waiting doesn't happen?

bloodlover

Arcane
Just like I said, it doesn't have quantifiable rewards. And believing people will do something consistently just for the fun of it in an MMO that is expected to last for years is naive and perhaps out-of-touch with human nature.

Won't the content be released in stages? So end game content will be released over time, keeping people busy at least a year I'd say; not to mention that not many people will see Naxx in the first place or run around in full epics asap. And I'd argue that vanilla has quantifiable rewards much more than BfA since things are much harder to come by.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Quantifiable rewards for world PvP. Check what the conversation is about :p

J1M

Arcane
Stress test is still up. Might be a good time to get your keybindings and graphics settings figured out.

Lacrymas

Arcane
I think they said they've added a bunch of options that weren't there in the original vanilla, like extra foliage, something to do with shadows, the new trees, etc.

J1M

Arcane
If you want to turn off the retarded bloom effect, here is the console command:
Code:
/console set ffxGlow "0"

Congrats, now it doesn't look like you smeared Vaseline on your monitor.

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Code:
/console set ffxGlow "0"

Did they remove that from the actual options? Because it exists in 1.12 as "Full-screen glow effect".

J1M

Arcane
Code:
/console set ffxGlow "0"

Did they remove that from the actual options? Because it exists in 1.12 as "Full-screen glow effect".
As far as I can tell, yes. Remember, Classic is the modern client with old data values and some effort put into recreating the old UI panels/combat formulas.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Code:
/console set ffxGlow "0"

Wrong, it looks very different from vanilla if you turn it off, the colors become different. There was a comparison on reddit. You don't want to do that.

J1M

Arcane
Code:
/console set ffxGlow "0"

Wrong, it looks very different from vanilla if you turn it off, the colors become different. There was a comparison on reddit. You don't want to do that.
Disagree. I turned it off back then too because it made the game look like shit. As bloom does in every game that uses it.

Edit: "reddit experts agree", lol

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
WoW is the only game where bloom actually helped, because all models were made of 15 polygons and it smoothed out the edges and partially obscured the low resolution of textures.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Disagree. I turned it off back then too because it made the game look like shit. As bloom does in every game that uses it.

Edit: "reddit experts agree", lol
I feel like I'm talking in fucking tongues. How did you not understand a word of what I said?

Here's an infographic then.

Do you see?
ffxglow 1 gives you correct gamma and colors of vanilla, while turning it off gives you bland shit:

7ffc562eb921012e1d597d69d832c623.jpg

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
I agree. But this is not bloom. Bloom in games is a form of semi-transparent Gaussian blur of the image on top of the image itself in post processing. This looks like different gamma settings.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Was setting up addons today. This doc is a good starting guide, but it doesn't have everything: https://drive.google.com/file/d/18d_8vS9peVHuled8gx9PGksROcw6vwQx/view
The rest is here https://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/cat160.html

Ended up installing 27 addons.

EZJunk
FasterLooting
TomTom
Questie
EZCoordinates
ClassicAuraDuration
OmniCC
Details!
RealMobHealth
dashingDismount
What's Training?
!MoncaiCompare
AtlasLoot
FriendsInfo
ClassicCastbars
Autostand
DominosClassic
oGlow
SimpleMap -- /smfade off
TitanPanel
Z-Perl
Modern QuestWatch
DBM
QuestLogEx
HideRaidManager
QuestFrameFixer

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
God dammit I'm actually seriously thinking about playing this fucking game again even after telling myself I wasn't going to. I really need to hide this thread.

See you assholes in-game, someone pick a US server or something.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
It looked like a giant lag, since his pals were in a different position, fighting already something else.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
The Nordic community has decided to go to Shazzrah. I'll be joining them, cause at least these guys speak English, unlike arabs, italians, etc.

Any EU players here?

Name reservation is tonight, don't miss it. 00:01 CEST.

Ninjerk

Arcane
If I play, it will be in the EU, but I am unsure as to where.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom