Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Will Blizzard still exist in five years?

Blizzard as we knew it hasn't existed for a long time.

The corporate giant ActiBlizz will unfortunately continue to exist reheating the lifeless corpses of their glory days for awhile, though.

Swigen

Arbiter
AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA!!! MOBILE GAEM!!!

maxresdefault-jpg.612874

MOBILE GAEM!!

I actually don't give a shit if they do or don't, it's too late to say "I hope they die before they can desecrate Diablo" since they've already done it so whatever.

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
Blizzard as we knew it hasn't existed for a long time.

^ This.

They have been recycling the genuinely good and creative content they used to make for years now.

If they actually did get shutdown* then NOTHING of value will be lost.

*Which I seriously doubt will happen, at least until a LONG time has passed, Activision is gonna drain the blood out of this corpse until its a dry, hollowed out husk...

Wyatt_Derp

Arcane
Probably, but like almost everything else in the future they'll most likely be bankrolled and owned by a Chinese holding company and their corporate orders will be to make RTS tactical training games for the PLA.

Tehdagah

Arcane
https://investor.activision.com/new...zzard-announces-second-quarter-2019-financial

• Blizzard had 32 million MAUsC. HearthstoneMAUsC grew quarter-over-quarter following the release of the Rise of Shadows™ expansion and The Dalaran Heist single-player Adventure. Overwatch MAUsC were relatively stable quarter-over-quarter, with engagement increasing following the release of the Workshop. Subscribers in World of Warcraft®increased since mid-May, following the release date announcement and beta for World of WarcraftClassic and the Rise of Azshara™content update.
  • Daily time spent per player in Blizzard’s franchises again increased year-over-year.
  • Overwatch League™ hours viewed continued to grow robustly year-over-year in the two stages held during the second quarter. Season-to-date, viewership and average minute audience have grown double-digits year-over-year.

In the article it's written as superscript and refers to note C, which explains their definition of Monthly Active User. Why they used letters instead of numbers I have no idea.

Gromlintroid

Learned
I'm only interested to see how they fuck up the W3 remaster/remake.
If it's not a total cock-up I'd like a D2 remaster, but I'm not holding my breath.

Modern Blizz is trash.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom