Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Moonspeak Random Non-Japanese Asian RPG News Thread

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Besides Tales of Wuxia and its pre-sequel is there any list of these Chinese RPG translated to English? I know there is the original Chinese Paladin patch somewhere.

It is a fresh setting for RPG and I am a sucker for these Wuxia man-hua as well.

Fan-translation is also fine.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Same studio that made the Tale of Wuxia games. Fan translation patch at v0.4. I tried it out just to see if it works, and indeed it does.

I think this is fully playable with fan translation.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Reverse Collapse: Code Name Bakery, some kind of tactical game from the developer of mobile game Girls' Frontline:

ss_340daf0373fc9b58b5f114b3a9838c0adb43905f.600x338.jpg
ss_8f912e0302466de83bcc285c4e43147d289046b0.600x338.jpg

Apparently this is a remake of a game released in 2013.

Original:

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron

I said that I greatly enjoyed the game, while not understanding a lot of what was going on, I still beat it. I know that some of you guys would like to play it, and soon, you might actually be able to. There are two different fan translations going on. Both translations will be far from perfect, but I have tried one of them, and it actually works!
I tried the one by Weehaa >♥ Fc Fanboi. He's not translating the original Chinese version, though. He's translating from the Vietnamese fan translation. He's also using Google Translate and Baidu. It will have grammatical errors and such, but once it is all complete currently at v0.4), you'll be able to get through the game.
https://steamcommunity.com/app/952860/discussions/0/1640915206457892517/

So how does this compare to the Tale of Wuxia games? Same level of quality?

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
abnaxus Yes and no. Character development and combat is fun. It seemed to me that you can go wild with the role of your character. There are lots of ways to develop him. Combat is still turn-based, and now it is AP based. There are no hexes as it is free movement, dependent on your AP. Overall, these aspects of the game are great.

Exploration is open world for once, but you can fast travel. This is both good and bad. It's cool to find stuff in the world, but lots of empty space. I'm not a Chinese speaker/reader, so lots of the quests were a pain to complete. Even native Chinese players seemed to think so. This doesn't have to be a negative, though.

The game's biggest issue is its optimization. Save frequently and restart the game from time to time, as performance can take huge dips.

I'd say that if you like previous games from these guys, you will probably like it if you can overlook a poorly optimized game that has poor performance.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Fate Seeker looks interesting, and I think that someone is trying to translate that, too.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
This releases in two weeks...

... And this released today.

I'm seeing a few more games are getting English releases, but not nearly enough of the cool looking games have any translations.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Parachronism: Order of Chaos, "a story-driven action RPG with life sim elements set in a fantasy world inspired by Ancient China", by Indonesian team apparently:

ss_72d532e726626fcbbfc4cbf281b3608100d4eb30.600x338.jpg
ss_9a03cc4053fbbbca2eaf2cbc9cb98f4c14f53044.600x338.jpg

Parachronism: Order of Chaos is a story-driven action RPG with life sim elements set in a fantasy world inspired by Ancient China, where the three kingdoms of Earth, Sky, and Sea once ruled peacefully, until the Sea Kingdom split into two and led to generations of war.

You awaken to find yourself transported back in time to this strange, war-torn land, with no knowledge of how you got there. Everyone around you recognizes you as a princess—and not just any princess, but the fugitive princess of the Western Sea Kingdom, who vanished when the palace was attacked.

Now, as you feign amnesia to hide your true identity, you resolve to find a way back home even as you avoid the soldiers hunting for you. But a chance encounter with a mysterious old man leads you to discover something much more dire is in the air, a growing chaos that might destroy time itself…

Features

Experience an emotional story as you travel across the world to stop the growing darkness before it can destroy the kingdoms.
Fast-paced action combat lets you fight enemies in real time battles, using a variety of skills as you level up and grow stronger.
Manage your time wisely based on the in-game calendar, as special events occur on certain days and plot quests must be completed within a designated period of time.
Build your relationships by befriending characters throughout the game, paying attention to their likes and dislikes as you offer them gifts and invite them to spend time with you.
Gather materials and harvest food to craft new items, prepare meals, and give gifts.

With a day/night cycle, hunger and stamina meters, and more, Parachronism blends life sim elements and action RPG combat to present a grand adventure across its fantasy world.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
https://www.facebook.com/heluogame/

Not really a news per se, but this is Heluo Games Facebook. It seems they are working on a new game (the lastest update was 31 July 2019).

So it seems the previous news about the lawsuit didn't totally sink the company.

Hopefully they would release their third game and this one in English in the future, even only with their passable translation. The 3rd game fan-translation was machine translated so it is kinda bad in lot of place.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Even Chinese in the Facebook posts ask for them to fix the bugs and release DLC for Ho Tu Lo Shu so yeah, to be realistic it is going to be after the new game if they are going to support Ho Tu Lo Shu again.

It also seems they are working together with another company making similar Wuxia games (which also make mobile games). It is kinda vague but they are saying that their new game going to have collab content with this other company. Hopefully Heluo doesn't become some mobile game devs in the future.
:negative:

Jinn

Arcane
Hey Abu Antar, did you end up playing the Way to Nether DLC for the Tale of Wuxia Prequel? Looks pretty cool, but I'm wondering how substantial it is in terms of content and if it's worth checking out after the main campaign.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Hey Abu Antar, did you end up playing the Way to Nether DLC for the Tale of Wuxia Prequel? Looks pretty cool, but I'm wonder how substantial it is in terms of content and if it's worth checking out after the main campaign.
I'm going to try it out after I beat Underrail. I was going to play it right after beating the main campaign, but underrail expansion came out. Will report back to you.

Jinn

Arcane
Been giving Tale of Wuxia: The Prequel another try for the first time since its English release. I was really disappointed when it came out with such a terrible translation that I shelved it after 5 hours on my initial go with it, despite having loved the original Tale of Wuxia.

I'm about 15 hours in this current playthrough and my heart was brimming so much from the joy this game gives me that I had to come here and gush about it a bit. I love it so much! In fact, I think I almost prefer it to the original Tale of Wuxia. The way progression is handled, the amount of great exploration, the discovery, the sometimes very interesting quest design, gathering party members, the large party, the challenging combat, the wide (re)introduction to so many great characters, the beautiful artwork, the nice world design - it's all so fun. All of it makes me not care much about the translation anymore. It does make me a little sad knowing that with a proper localisation this game not only would have been an A+ title for me, but probably would have gotten a lot more western attention than it did. Though, the translation can be pretty funny at times, so it's a bit of a trade-off. I just want Heluo Studio to keep making RPGs forever and continue bringing them to the west.

Anyway, anyone who looks at this thread frequently and hasn't played it yet really should. It's such a good game. Thank you Abu Antar for inspiring me to try it again.

Last edited:

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
No problem! The game is fantastic for all the reasons you mentioned, despite the translation. I think that quite a few codexers would like the game. Heluo Studio are awesome.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom