Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

TBS Immortal Realms: Vampire Wars - "Total War meets turn-based meets Vampires!"

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
https://www.kalypsomedia.com/us/immortal-realms-vampire-wars

https://af.gog.com/game/immortal_realms_vampire_wars?as=1649904300

Developed by new-ish Swedish studio Palindrome Interactive and published by Kalypso Media.

ss_25f2cbf137e3a47e2ca57c51eebd9e1611f29e7e.jpg

ss_9622ac8ee8af30b37f1b4c6e44edb97f823a10ee.jpg

FEATURE LIST

The Truth Unfolds: Discover the secrets of Nemire, and experience an enthralling story spanning across 12 meticulously crafted missions and four unique environments, from the perspective of four mighty vampire lords, each with their own goals and agendas.
ImmortalRealmsNail.png

Discover the Bloodlines: Command one of three unique vampire clans with distinctive units, powers, gameplay mechanics and characters. Play as the bloodthirsty Dracul, the ancient Nosfernus or the mystical Moroia!
ImmortalRealmsNail.png

Vampiric powers: Original card game elements enhance the gameplay and provide a refreshing take on the genre. Each clan and vampire lord has access to their own set of cards, which can be synergized into powerful combinations.
ImmortalRealmsNail.png

Strategy & Tactics: Command your armies, recruit new units and unlock crucial technologies in the strategic Kingdom mode, and then put your tactical skills to the test in the action-packed Combat mode.
ImmortalRealmsNail.png

Varied Content: Choose from three different gameplay modes, such as the story-driven Campaign, the open-world Sandbox, and the hard-fought Skirmish mode.

ABOUT THIS GAME
immortalvamp3.gif

For as long as historians can remember, the ancient Dracul bloodline has ruled over the mysterious lands of Warmont – Realm of the Bloodthrone. Inside the secluded borders of this land, an unholy court of vampires feast on the blood of their human subjects. And, as long as they give it willingly, a vicious peace between mortal and immortal is kept alive under the watchful eye of the vampiric rulers - Vlad and Cecilia Dracul, forever bound by eternal love.

draculcastle.png

To the east, a cold wind blows over the desolate planes of Mourterra – The Land of the Dead. No humans live on this barren and cursed soil, and yet the land is far from deserted. Horrifying remnants of the ancient and corrupt Nosfernus bloodline stalk here in silence, patiently waiting for their chance to once again plague the lands of the living.

nosfernuscastle.png

Meanwhile, in Esain - The Frozen North, another bloodline of vampires resides in solitude and isolation from the world. For the mystical clan of the Moroia, magic is blood, and blood is magic... and it runs thick in their cold, blue veins. No being – living or dead – dares interrupt their dark rituals and bloody soirées.

moroiacastle.png

Tonight, the smell of blood is strong on the wind, and a red moon lights up the dark sky. A new vampire war is imminent, and none will be spared from the coming horrors.

Immortal Realms: Vampire Wars is an engaging strategy game set in a dark vampire world in turmoil, that combines empire management and turn-based combat with unique card-game elements. Descend into a mythical world filled with horrors and legends – and hurl yourself into a compelling gothic epos paired with a challenging game experience.

Total War meets turn-based meets Vampires!

Last edited by a moderator:

Citizen

Risk-styled map + HoMM battles + edgy gothic theme? I want this! UI looks very unappealing, though

Citizen

Aesthetically unappealling. I can't really point the exact offender, but it's mostly about a clash of different-looking elements, half-hidden cards at the bottom of the screen (so you only see a cropped 1/4 of the picture) and heartstone inspired style

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
And it has cards lol, they dun good mashing a bunch of trending stuff together...

I would call this soulless trash (see what I did there?):smug:

Edit: Oh and throw 'Total War' in the pitch even though it has not a fucking thing to do with it.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Set it in Nosgoth or something.
Would you have the degenerates of this day and age exhume that unfortunate carcass yet again?
Let it lie dead, for there remains no justice left to be done to it.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
lol-Vampire.jpg

Fucking shit TODAY I had to get bitten by a vampire? I have an appointment at 5

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
https://blog.kalypsomedia.com/en/th...ts-in-immortal-realms-vampire-wars-explained/

The hand we’re dealt: Card game elements in Immortal Realms: Vampire Wars explained!

Immortal Realms: Vampire Wars is a brand-new, turn-based strategy game with card game elements, set in a dark fantasy world where vampire clans wage an all-out bloody war for supremacy. Today, we thought we’d give you an in-depth preview of the card game feature and how it works into the overall gameplay of Immortal Realms: Vampire Wars.

To simplify the system behind Immortal Realms: Vampire Wars, there are two types of cards: Action Cards, Item Cards and Spell Cards.

Action Cards can be used in the Kingdom Mode overview – basically the world map of Namire. These cards can be used to manage the strength of your armies, economy and claimed territories.

1) Action Cards: Once per in-game year (4 turns), you can choose new starting cards – 3 out of a possible 5. Grey cards are generic, while the red ones are unique to the Dracul – one of the three vampire clans in the game.

2) Action Cards: The chosen cards can be used in the “Kingdom Mode” view.

In order to buy new cards, you have to pay with ‘blood’, the main resource in Immortal Realms: Vampire Wars. Blood can be earned when you complete quests. Part of these quests are conquering villages, cities and of course to win battles. In addition to that, your cities will also generate blood over time and you can use Action Cards to increase this. And of course, you can always harvest your villagers – you are a vampire after all!

3) Action Cards: Once per in-game year you can buy one new card from the library, which will be added to your collection. These cards are bought with blood – your main resource.

4) Item Cards: You can also strengthen your vampire lords with better armor and weapons when you buy Item Cards from the blacksmith.

5) Spell Cards: Which battle cards you can wield in battle depends on the vampire clan and the class you choose.

So there you have it. Thanks for checking out this introduction to some of the main features of the card game elements in Immortal Realms: Vampire Wars. Not only do they add a challenging new element to the gameplay, but we’ve got to say, they also look pretty cool as well – each card type has its own unique animation and digitally hand-painted artwork!

Eirinjas

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex
Aesthetically unappealling. I can't really point the exact offender, but it's mostly about a clash of different-looking elements, half-hidden cards at the bottom of the screen (so you only see a cropped 1/4 of the picture) and heartstone inspired style

I think it looks incredibly bland and aesthetically minimalist in presentation for a gothic horror inspired game.

And card-game elements? There went my interest - right the fuck to sleep.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Some gameplay

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom