Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What knife feat to specialize in???

roshan

Arcane
28bta0y.jpg

Help! Which of these feats should I specialize in? Playing a knifer with a focus on criticals, but so far I've focused on critical damage multiplier over critical chance.

I could probably use the extra AP from Blitz (3 specialization points to up the AP bonus by 6). Although so far to be honest I find blitz to be pretty much a wasted feat. Everything else I've taken has paid off but this feat is useless and super shitty because it drains all your movement points even the ones that are not being converted into AP.

And 10 AP bonus per hit from fancy footwork is crazy awesome.

The other option is specializing in cheap shots, which will take 10 points. That 50% critical damage will turn into 125% when it stacks with the bonus from critical power. I'm currently at 350% so this will bring me up to 475%. If I specialize in critical power instead, it brings me up to 500% which is slightly better.

Dodge and evasion is my primary line of defense, so an extra 10% from nimble is not such a bad idea either.

Also, what feat should I take now? It's a choice between vile weaponry, expose weakness, taste for blood, parry and expertise. I'm leaning towards expertise.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
deterministic system > RNG

Last edited:

roshan

Arcane
If I max out weaponsmith, I can increase my critical chance with crafted knives by 5%. That's not too great considering I am currently at 28%. It's cool to hit 33%, but doubt it will be as significant as maxing out cheap shots or critical power. However I can get up to 38% with the other points in recklessness but I will be even worse of a glass canon and keep taking critical hits all the time. Recklessness with the rest in Weaponsmith and I can reach 40.5%.

I am currently doing 350% extra on criticals, I can increase this to a solid 500% by maxing critical power. With the remaining 5 points I get in cheap shots, I can reach 600%. So do I want to do 4.5X critical damage 40% of the time, or 7X critical damage 28% of the time? With focus stims though I would certainly be better off with 7X damage 43% of the time rather than 4.5X damage 55% of the time. So it looks like building critical damage mod is the way to go, not critical chance.

Then for attacks. I can get dexterity to 16 if I put all my points into it, and then get the feat that raises it to 18. Which means I can get down to 6 AP attacks using Tichrome at 18 DEX, or 7 AP with other metals at 17 DEX.

At 7 AP I can do 10 attacks with 50 base AP and 20 from Blitz. So 6 more AP from maxing Blitz is useless as it won't get me another attack. With adrenaline shot on top of that, 1 point in Blitz gets me up to 13 instead of 12.

Using Tichrome, I have 11 attacks with either Blitz or Adrenaline Shot, 15 with both, 16 with the Blitz maxed.

So it seems for now maxing critical power is the way to go. Later on I can pick a Tichrome build and build Blitz, or continue with a Tungsten build and pump the remaining points into cheap shots to compound that critical damage mod further.

roshan

Arcane
Oh I just realized that boosting dex also increases critical chance! Which means Recklessness/Weaponsmith maxing probably not the way to go, as I can get to 33% just with the dexterity increases, and up to 48% with a focus stim.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron

Last edited:

roshan

Arcane
So I've got effective lockpick and hacking up to 105, which means I can pick and hack up to 115 with the tools. Do I need to boost this any further?

Got my 3 crafting skills up to 128... Do I still need to boost this?

Also, what skill should I bump next? Since my main skills are reaching the point where there's not much use to boost them further. I've been thinking traps (but I don't have enough carry weight to lug around traps), maybe throwing for grenade accuracy and damage? Throwing might be a good idea because I have high dex and can boost it quickly. Traps I can boost much faster though because of synergies with lockpick and mechanics. Pickpocket is out of the question, got no time for that shit. Social skills not much point anymore since I am too far into the story to get much benefit from them now.

roshan

Arcane
Got my 3 crafting skills up to 128... Do I still need to boost this?
will be good with house

So I've got effective lockpick and hacking up to 105, which means I can pick and hack up to 115 with the tools. Do I need to boost this any further?
110 hacking without tools pre dc, 125 in dc

80 throwing allows to throw grenades just outside of blast radius

OK so in DC locks and traps max out at 135?

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom