Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's play Tale of Wuxia - Comic Sans Optional

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
If the game doesn't troll you with sudden reinforcements/power ups, you get trolled with the starting formation.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Translation sometimes needs to be reworked. Here's one example:

sEd1YaW.jpg

RK47

Patron
263 - The Battle Royale
poQXR5N.jpg

4RCGvlp.jpg

UQDaSPW.jpg

bcO9JNC.jpg

LzIbCIE.jpg

KOHfuwT.jpg

DnVd7VT.jpg

It took me a good 10 minutes before making the first move. It was pretty hard to understand where to start first in this kind of battle.
Therefore I did it in video format. Hope you guys enjoy the twists and turn of this wild finale.

Last edited:

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
The Sword Saint being there is the ultimate trolling, he shouldn't give a fukk about any of all that.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
At the end Di Fen almost killed himself due to enemies' reflect. Would be hirarious to still lose after all that.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
What happens if you join Devaraja? Is it even possible at that juncture?

Joining Devaraja is the True/Golden ending which pretty much requires a guide to trigger. It is the 3rd route besides the Good (Alliance) and Evil (Tianlong) route.

RK47

Patron
264 - The Overlord
7pYgHo9.jpg

After that battle, all sects who did not surrender were wiped out and those who submitted live under fearful existence under Shi Di Fen's rule.

ppwqAkr.jpg

With Shi Di Fen as Overlord of Wulin, the past conflicts gradually faded away with everyone living under constant fear.

yqXGS8T.jpg

Shi Di Fen's name becomes feared throughout China. It is said disobedient children became well-behaved with the mere mention of his name.

5rzq5fI.jpg

-THE END-

RK47

Patron
I would like to thank the MVP - a berserked Asura in single-handedly destroying 5 dudes solo while harming none of my boys.
I would also praise Gong Guangjie for doing such an amazing job despite starting at the worst possible position. If anyone told me he'd survive till turn 10, I'd say he's crazy.
I also would like to thank the Wangyou Valley Sages for teaching me Double Strike Tactics. It made shit real easy out there. Especially with the lives of Tianlong cultists contributing to the strategic points. You boys are the backbone of the army. With bleed regular strikes you chipped down the big boys to oblivion and slowed down the advance of demi-gods with just pitiful armor and hp. Well done.
And Yaksha truly deserved to sit next to me after her amazing display during the battle with max evasion and double strike absorption, she's nearly untouchable.
I would also thank Qi Li for her Manual of Finger Guessing Fist. Things would've been harder without it.
Hongshang, I'm sorry, babe. You should've joined me instead.
And my best pals, the Painter and the Scholar. I'll miss you two. You taught me so much.

That was probably the wildest final battle I've had in RPG since a while.
I never knew what was gonna happen next and that made it exciting as fuck.
Especially with the emotional triggers going on. What an interesting mechanic.

Kabas

Arcane
Patron
I hope that none of the waifus were actually murderered or, buddha save us, were made to cry during the production of this let's play.

RK47

Patron
I think the game needs this sort of end game fates anyway let me try to remember:
- Dr. Poison: Choked to death by Xuanming Zi
- Qin Hongshang: Killed in the final battle. With her death, Thunder Hall's revival comes to an end.
- Shen Xiangyun: Is now an orphan after her father was killed in final battle. Not to mention that the entirety of Wangyou Valley's 7 Sages was slain. She's REALLY alone now. And that makes me kinda sad.
- Qi Li: Not affected. Just sad that her boyfriend turned evil. I'm glad his dad stayed out of the battle.
- Wang Rong: Not affected. I am surprised her dad did not join in the battle. Dev probably forgot about him.
- Shi Yan: She's still taking care of her orphans. Probably scared that her dream guy turned into Overlord. The kids will probably be afraid of the Shi Di Fen bedtime stories.

RK47

Patron
265 - After all the tears

I'm just gonna briefly show the good end that I just finished. It had a game-freezing glitch that forced me to replay the final battle 3x.
And I felt the Good path battle vs Nagaraja is glitchy as well. Sometimes you can one shot him and he won't get their second wind.
Sometimes his power up would get SO OVERWHELMING THAT HE STEALS MORE LIFE FROM AOE THAN YOU CAN DAMAGE HIM.
It was definitely less EPIC than the Me vs the World battle royale we had in Evil run. But that's just my opinion.
The Good path had me facing off against Mr. Toxic Blast, Nagaraja and Jing. Much less drama about it.

Overall I finished it feeling tired of it BUT when this tune starts to play and the slides come out it felt like all the effort was worth it.

*eyes moistens*

Hope you guys enjoy it. Sorry for not going into details. But let's just say whatever bad shit that happened in evil run, did not happen.

I may have missed some stuff but here's the gist of it:
Fang died when Gu Shi reversed his blade to his stomach, his treachery was revealed and Wudang Sect elected Gu Shi as the next leader. M'lady Juan ended up with Ally of Woman after all. Garuda cheered Gu Shi on from the back.
We also cured Zhuo's poison.
And reunite the Ximen and Xiahous into the Blades once more.
We convinced the sects to reunite under one banner to face off against Tianlong but when the time comes to elect leadership the chinese genes resurfaced and decided to settle it with BLADES AND FISTS. Needless to say, this Third Disciple of Xiaoyao somehow kicked everyone ass effortlessly and became the leader. His first command was 'since everyone is here, let's attack the cult now!'

:lol: Somehow that just felt wrong to me, but what do I know.

Anyway, ass beating commence and we won without major drama. Jing Ji decides to save Di Fen from Nagaraja's final attack CUTSCENE And he fell down the cliff.
But my medical skill was enough to nurse him back to health.

t9C9KbS.jpg

Awww... but he was too ashamed to return to the Valley and wandered alone once he recovered without saying goodbye. :(
We return to the valley and Master Wuxia Zi once again played favoritism and handed over sect leadership to Yuexuan.

yBSK99X.jpg

Fuck you, old man. Whatever. My happiness is still not affected because we finally have what we all wanted... a happy feeling and smile after it was all over.
Also no subtitle for the heroic ending slide

N0Otlv9.jpg

YOB18fX.jpg

God of Cookery

Thereafter, Shi Di Fen delved deep into cooking and became a renowned chef in China. People who wanted to taste his dishes from all walks of life were an endless stream. Some claim it is their dying wish to taste his dishes once. Later, in order to better understand the 'Truth of Cooking' Shi Di Fen left for western countries and learned how to make KFC. Things were never the same.

SuRU9ql.jpg

God of Wine

Christmas comes but once a year... we should drink 300 cups. As a wine connoisseur, Shi Di Fen traveled around the world, collecting and tasting fine vintage from various countries. Even the West. It was rumored Shi Di Fen had his own wine cellar all over the world, with thousands of barrels of wine inside.

Scf4iu3.jpg

Proficient in Chinese painting and identification techniques, Shi Di Fen became the leading authority in authenticity of ancient manuscripts and paintings. Influential people often visits him to verify their collection's value and authenticity or restore damaged antiques.

What a bunch of useless slides.
That's it.

What? The Waifus?
Of course they are happy. He he he.

Zgnie0R.jpg

Di Fen and his beloved Shi Yan opened an orphanage for the homeless orphans and realized her dreams. The children called her mom and Di Fen dad. They are like one happy family.

Shi Yan is no longer a lost little swallow and with Di Fen's careful and tender care, the little swallow finally had a love nest with a man who loved and cherished her.

The man is a little bit more stressed out and hardly does LP these days due to a lack of free time and worrying about the kids installing PUBG on his desktop. How is he also gonna support the kids? Fuck sake. And they're not even his DNA!

BPRS627.jpg

Shen Xiangyun and Di Fen traveled together as doctors.

The beautiful doctor inherited the title 'Fairy Doctor of Wangyou Valley' and many sought out her services. For vacation time, the pair travels to impoverished areas and treats people for free. The name 'Benevolent Doctors' spread far and wide.

Hundreds of years later, the legendary pair was recorded in historical texts around the world alongside famous names like Hua Tuo, Anita Sarkeesan and ObamaCare. Eventually a TV drama adaption was produced, it sold poorly compared to its anime. Despite the roaring success of the 80-episode anime and 5 OAVs no one wanted to buy Shi Di Fen's figurine.

MqqAbhb.jpg

Although the ending slide claimed Qi Li married Shi Di Fen, the latter insisted it was a business partnership. Whatever the case may be, the Finger Guessing Clan experienced a rebirth under the tutelage of Shi Di Fen. And Master Wuxia Zi can go fuck himself for not appointing him as the successor of Xiaoyao Valley.

To prove a point, a monthly competition is always held between the Valley and the Finger-guessing Clan, and Shi Di Fen will always trash the ever-living fuck of Yuexuan in front of everyone in just two hits. After 13 consecutive victories to FGC, the competition is deemed too one-sided. Not wanting to sour relations, Di Fen agreed to be match commentator instead. Sadly his YouTube videos never broke a thousand views and his popularity remain limited.

Qi Li and her father no longer need to hold their street performances to make a living. And gradually, Qi Li stopped practicing martial arts and became a mother.

Shi Di Fen doesn't know where that kid came from, but recalled a strange pork ribs tea soup she made for him one day for dinner. He awoke very tired without his trousers but never dared to question Qi Li about what actually happened.

What was unexpected was Qi Li's insistence on making sure the child does not practice martial arts. Not even the basic horse stance was taught. Instead, the kid had to take piano lessons, literature, and other scholarly pursuits. He always came home tired from his private lessons but his mother always insisted it's for his own good. Qi Li would famously say 'Martial arts is useless. Study hard and you'll have a bright future." This statement dumbfounded Shi Di Fen, but he knew better than to argue with this crazy bitch. He also stopped having dinner at her place.

gMXhztp.jpg

Qin Hongshang

Shi Di Fen lived up to his promise and married his beloved Qin Hongshang. Hongshang took the mantle of Grand Master, while Di Fen is just happy to stay home and update the Thunder Hall website membership page. Together, they revived the Thunder Hall's glory.

Hongshang is a valiant heroine when seen outside, and a gentle, graceful, and obedient wife at home. But don't you ever let her see your browser history.

The two are courteous to each other as a loving couple. Under her wise leadership, the Thunder Hall expanded to the western world, reminding people of the might of Genghis Khan.

Sometimes at night when Di Fen is asleep he would mutter apologies about not really wanting to kill Hongshang. This nightmare eventually stopped and the couple lived happily ever after.

QOcEtWr.jpg

Little by little, the junior sister disciple warmed up to Di Fen's advances. They eventually got married, witnessed by Wuxia Zi and Yuexuan. The two settled at Xiaoyao Valley because Di Fen cannot afford his own apartment and Wang Hu, his father in law is too scary to live with.

New dishes were developed every day in the kitchen, and the Valley is happy they get to taste her cooking once more. Laughter has finally returned to the Valley once more.

Growing up as an orphan, Di Fen finally experienced the warmth of home after marriage He will never forget the first dish she cooked for him. The one where the goat tasted as if it came back to live and bleating on the table. The memory moved him so much and invisible ninjas would start cutting onions in front of his eyes.

wOon3SF.jpg

Note about this end: Devaraja never appeared at all.

Last edited:

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
If you have 100 affection with Wuxia Zi he will offer you leadership.

Also if you didn't romance Rong Rong she will marry Jing Ji and everyone stays at Xiaoyao valley. Cao E'hua also moves in.

RK47

Patron
Just for fun, I tried unlocking Hidden Weapon early game.
Man, this lived up to its name. It's very hidden.
Requiring 50 internal and 60 tea skill. You have to sacrifice a lot of training session just to get it.
But once you got it, Wuxia Zi gives you a hidden weapon with ATK 10, +30% Crit Chance with HP & Energy gain per turn when equipped.

The first Xiaoyao Hidden Weapon Art isn't bad at all, it has two moves, the damage is low but look at the debuffs:
1 - Dmg 220-350 | Single Target | Range 4 | Cooldown: 0 | Combo / Internal Injury (!)
Internal injury disables internal skills and the combo means you can spam. Range 4 means the freedom to choose whatever target you want to hit with this. Amazing offensive skill.

2- Dmg 350-410 | Single Target | Range 3 | Cooldown: 2 | Vulnerability / Immobilize
Now you can troll and lockdown enemy. With Vulnerability debuff, you gain 25% crit chance on top of the equipped hidden weapon +30%. And then with Immobilize, you get to pick him apart from up to 4 tiles away.

If you combine this with the other Hidden Weapon Arts you can really lay out the debuffs hardcore while still regenerating HP & Energy every turn.

Just look at this ability as an opening move. And then imagine having the Poison Flower accessory equipped (from Floriculturist)

ziEKSTG.png

:shredder:

Last edited:

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
No such thing.

That's like saying "too much bacon". Does not compute.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom