Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Who is Your GM?

Falksi

Arcane
Patrick Moore will always be mine.........

MV5BNDk0Mzg4MDktOGIyZS00YjYwLTg2OGMtOGRkZjIyNjNiMjMyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzMzMjU5NDY@._V1_.jpg

Swigen

Arbiter
Brilliant topic lads! Right, ‘ere’s mine. The GM of our group is an old overweight Jamaican slag who lords over me mate’s flat. One time she was describing an apparition with rather large baps when I interjected that I’d like to place me mug between said bolzers and wag my wicker! Well she only looked at me come hither like and I was only pissed off me gob off Strongbow cider and unable to sense anything dodgy afoot. So I lean forward and place me mug close like to her yags and make to motorboat when she suddenly drives her bovvers into me bollocks and cackles loudly, “AAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHA!!! You no pass perception check meesta Swigen!!! Your balls say, “likkle more” and your batty hole shrink liek pikney!!! AAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAA!!”

Lads, I was gutted.

HeroMarine

Irenaeus
Vatnik
I started playing PnP again after giving it up about 25 years ago. I was most often stuck running our games back then, so it was nice to be a player for a change. My friend was the GM and we played Pathfinder on Roll20, but quickly lost half our players and the game was put on hiatus. I decided to start running a 1st Edition AD&D game in the meantime and a few friends of the remaining players asked to join. Another player returned as well, but we're back down to a small number after a few sessions. It seems online PnP games have a typical dropout rate that I wasn't fully aware of. It doesn't bother me much, as I'm used to running games with a single player or two.

Look at me, I'm your GM now.

Swigen

Arbiter
My GM is a grumpy old bastard who looks just like C.D. from Walker: Texas Ranger. He’s got no time for nonsense and as a result all our campaigns are very “by the book”. Anytime anyone gets cute with the rules or makes an “outside the box” choice on how to handle a scripted scenario our ornery old cuss of a GM just takes his glasses off, rubs his eyes and says, “I’m exhausted. I think it’s about time I turn in.”. Even if we’ve only been playing for like 20 minutes. God I hate old people.

willingham41000_AL_.600-13be33e1.jpeg

My current GM is a friend who works in the same company as me (different projects though). Great guy, he's been running a Shadowrun campaign for the last few years (I think 2 or 3 years now, it's hard to tell because we manage to get the whole group together once a month on average). His brother works with another friend of mine who also used to GM (L5R, Shadowrun and 7th Sea among others). IT in Spain is a small world.

There's another friend who used to be my other main GM until the campaign (which lasted 7 years and saw some of the players get married and have kids) finished and he moved out to the sticks, as he's been unemployed for a long time. He does small scale agriculture now, and some crypto/mmo currency speculation (where I live you can get a 500 Mbps symmetric connection even out there).

Then there's this other guy who would try to get us to come to his games and would then drop the ball by being late to his own game, introducing his Mary Sue into the game, not learning the rules and getting the group into imbalanced encounters with a total wipe as a result (e.g.: a 5-man level 5 party vs an ancient red dragon, because 5x5=25, right? He didn't even bother checking the average attack damage to the maximum party member's HP). Obviously we haven't gone to his games in a long, long time. He did this shit in his early 30s, not in his teens.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom