Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Blizzard announced "Classic" World of Warcraft

Sentinel

Arcane
Was setting up addons today. This doc is a good starting guide, but it doesn't have everything: https://drive.google.com/file/d/18d_8vS9peVHuled8gx9PGksROcw6vwQx/view
The rest is here https://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/cat160.html

Ended up installing 27 addons.

EZJunk
FasterLooting
TomTom
Questie
EZCoordinates
ClassicAuraDuration
OmniCC
Details!
RealMobHealth
dashingDismount
What's Training?
!MoncaiCompare
AtlasLoot
FriendsInfo
ClassicCastbars
Autostand
DominosClassic
oGlow
SimpleMap -- /smfade off
TitanPanel
Z-Perl
Modern QuestWatch
DBM
QuestLogEx
HideRaidManager
QuestFrameFixer
MOMMY BLIZZARD I WANT VANILLA BACK, I HATE RETAIL SO FUCKING MUCH THIS SHIT IS COMPLETELY BRAINLESS I'M TIRED OF THESE FUCKING IDIOTS THAT DON'T PAY ATTENTION TO ANYTHING THE GAME DOESN'T FORCE THEM TO THINK. THIS IS SO FUCKING CASUAL, BACK IN MY DAY IN VANILLA ONLY HIGH IQ CHESS MASTERS COULD COMPREHEND THE EXTREMELY DEEP GAME MECHANICS AND DO THE CONTENT AND PVP WAS THE MOST INTENSE SHIT EVER
*installs 30 addons that puts the game on auto pilot*

Seriously, kill yourself. Addon fags are an absolute cancer on every fucking MMO on the market. I wish Blizzard would ban faggots like you.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Was setting up addons today. This doc is a good starting guide, but it doesn't have everything: https://drive.google.com/file/d/18d_8vS9peVHuled8gx9PGksROcw6vwQx/view
The rest is here https://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/cat160.html

Ended up installing 27 addons.

EZJunk
FasterLooting
TomTom
Questie
EZCoordinates
ClassicAuraDuration
OmniCC
Details!
RealMobHealth
dashingDismount
What's Training?
!MoncaiCompare
AtlasLoot
FriendsInfo
ClassicCastbars
Autostand
DominosClassic
oGlow
SimpleMap -- /smfade off
TitanPanel
Z-Perl
Modern QuestWatch
DBM
QuestLogEx
HideRaidManager
QuestFrameFixer
MOMMY BLIZZARD I WANT VANILLA BACK, I HATE RETAIL SO FUCKING MUCH THIS SHIT IS COMPLETELY BRAINLESS I'M TIRED OF THESE FUCKING IDIOTS THAT DON'T PAY ATTENTION TO ANYTHING THE GAME DOESN'T FORCE THEM TO THINK. THIS IS SO FUCKING CASUAL, BACK IN MY DAY IN VANILLA ONLY HIGH IQ CHESS MASTERS COULD COMPREHEND THE EXTREMELY DEEP GAME MECHANICS AND DO THE CONTENT AND PVP WAS THE MOST INTENSE SHIT EVER
*installs 30 addons that puts the game on auto pilot*

Seriously, kill yourself. Addon fags are an absolute cancer on every fucking MMO on the market. I wish Blizzard would ban faggots like you.
Is this noise necessary?

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
I tried the stress test yesterday, and it was a wave of nostalgia from the music to the sense of scale traversing the map. It took me back to a simpler time in my life.

I reached out to old friends, and we are already discussing classes, servers, etc. Granted, I cannot even begin to count how many more friends I lost track of and with no way to reconnect. Maybe they will retake their old names at some point.

Against all logic, I have decided to go holy paladin this time around. It will be an absolute slog to level, but I think it has the right buffs and spells to be relevant in PVE and PVP without having to respec every 5 minutes. Plus, I am intrigued my shockadin, but that is far off, even if it is still feasible.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Granted, I cannot even begin to count how many more friends I lost track of and with no way to reconnect. Maybe they will retake their old names at some point.
There was a website for people to reconnect. I can't remember it, but if you're into that stuff, I'm sure you can find it.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Granted, I cannot even begin to count how many more friends I lost track of and with no way to reconnect. Maybe they will retake their old names at some point.
There was a website for people to reconnect. I can't remember it, but if you're into that stuff, I'm sure you can find it.
I checked that site (forget the name). Only one name appeared, and it was a player I already had real id for.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Forgive me if this has already been asked, but what classes/builds are you all planning to roll this time around?

Ninjerk

Arcane
Forgive me if this has already been asked, but what classes/builds are you all planning to roll this time around?
Everything and nothing. I leveled a mage to 60 on Emerald Dream and a shaman to 52 on Northdale. Mage would be an obvious safe choice and shaman was fun to level, but I think I'll probably go with something else this time. I'm leaning towards a warrior or druid at this time and probably Horde (but, again, starting in EU since I'm in Russia until next year).

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
I have had Classic videos in the background, particularly listening to leveling advice. Paladin had so many mechanics that went over my head, it's almost embarrassing. I didn't realize the seal efficiency could so heavily depend on the exact swing speed, the length of the fight, group or solo content, etc. I also give props to whoever developed the reckoning farm build for paladin.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I have had Classic videos in the background, particularly listening to leveling advice. Paladin had so many mechanics that went over my head, it's almost embarrassing. I didn't realize the seal efficiency could so heavily depend on the exact swing speed, the length of the fight, group or solo content, etc. I also give props to whoever developed the reckoning farm build for paladin.

I actually like the seal system. It's unique and fits the concept of the class like a glove. They eventually got turned into warriors with just different cosmetics. Not to say the class didn't need some work but it's another piece of evidence the original devs were smarter than those that followed, since they tried to make each class feel different from the others, instead of just having different reskins of the same basic types.

Be ready to wear a skirt for raids though.

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
The seal system sucks and was forced into the game two weeks before it's release, completely untested and borked any semblance of balance the class had beyond it's healing role until TBC's 2.3 and 2.4 that began to take steps to fix it.I find any sort of nostalgia towards it utterly ridiculous.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Nonsense, you are just mad you didn't get your pew pew. It's quite clear to me what it was they were trying to do, which was to avoid making a reskinned warrior.

Balance of the class is a pointless concept. Hybrids were never intended to fulfill primary roles as well as pure classes. If they made a mistake with the paladin is that he should have been a better tank than a healer (while the druid should have been a better healer than a tank, instead it was the other way around). Certainly not a dps class though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom