Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What should be next for Underrail/Styg?

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
What/where would you like to see Underrail go? Should Styg focus his efforts on a new title/universe completely, or do we need a continuation to the Underrail saga. How should a continuation play out? Should Underrail 2 follow our old character or center in on someone completely new? If it was to follow our old character, how would we balance out a new game? Levels 30-60? Start from scratch again? What are some new things you'd like added, whether it's related to new mechanics or story elements?

Black Angel

Arcane
They already mentioned time and time again that they'll talk about the future after most of the problems (that comes) with the DLC are solved. This includes whether they want to make a new game or new DLC (they kinda confirmed it's the latter, something along the lines of 'Expedition is the first DLC').

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
They already mentioned time and time again that they'll talk about the future after most of the problems (that comes) with the DLC are solved. This includes whether they want to make a new game or new DLC (they kinda confirmed it's the latter, something along the lines of 'Expedition is the first DLC').
I know. This thread is moreso for ideas or hopes that people might have regarding future content.

Wunderbar

Arcane
Underrail 3D - first person action-rpg.
Plot - turns out surface is suitable for living, but people dwell underground because of Biocorp's social experiment. Your mission is to join the Brotherhood of Supersteel, recreate society by building settlements, and defend them from raiders, muties, rathounds and other rabble.

Last edited:

HeatEXTEND

Prophet
Patron
I'd like Stygian to focus on whatever the fuck they want
incline.png

Last edited:

PEACH

Arbiter
Underrail 3D - first person action-rpg.
Plot - turns out surface is suitable for living, but people dwell underground because of Biocorp's social experiment. Your mission is to find your father. Middle aged guy. Maybe you've seen him?

Ftfy

Dodo1610

Arcane
Someone from WOTC will eventually play Underrail and realise that Styg is the only chad left alive who can make a real RPG. So they fire Swen and his virgins and we will get the Baldurs Gate 3 we deserve:happytrollboy:

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
I know. This thread is moreso for ideas or hopes that people might have regarding future content.

They should focus on Underrail 2 or another original IP based on a new engine cause the current one is entering its own Gamebryo phase.

I'm afraid that if they release another DLC of the same quality then they might damage the franchise beyond repair. The experience is already so uneven (for the wrong reasons) that only hardcore fans still stick by the game.

Jezal_k23

Although there has been Expedition criticism for a variety of reasons, from what I know they usually respond to community complaints and comments in positive ways, so I have a lot of confidence that whatever they do next, they'll do it well, be it responding to Expedition complaints or developing more DLC, or something new.

I know we have to criticize certain things, and I hope it's interpreted in constructive ways, but I love this game no matter what. I will honestly never say no to more Underrail.

That said, one more note about the criticism: I think it should be taken pretty seriously. If the core fanbase of the game in this forum is kinda pissed, imagine the casuals. I've encouraged several casual friends to buy and get into the game when Expedition came out. I can only imagine how they'll react to the expansion...

Last edited by a moderator:

Andhaira

Arcane
They should do a medieval dark fantasy RPG set in a low magic world (albeit allowing PC spellcasters ofcourse; just that magic is rare, mostly reviled, and little to no magic items are available in the game world)

Most importantly though, whatever they do, allow full party generation or if you are going to have companions, allow FULL CONTROL over said companions. I don't understand why have a turnbased game with a good engine but only control a single PC!! Might as well have gone real time.

Parabalus

Arcane
He needs to fix the horrendous balancing in UR.
iseewhatyoudid.png

It is a game for authists that constantly try to minmax their ultra builds,balancing is the worst thing that could happen to this game. Tho he could fix his fucking defence skills.

Styg should be the first person to whom you tell this, his nerfbat is malfunctioning and hits the wrong things.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
He needs to fix the horrendous balancing in UR.
iseewhatyoudid.png

It is a game for authists that constantly try to minmax their ultra builds,balancing is the worst thing that could happen to this game. Tho he could fix his fucking defence skills.

Styg should be the first person to whom you tell this, his nerfbat is malfunctioning and hits the wrong things.
Oh i don't care about that,i cheat or mod shit that i don't like in the games i play. Let the tryhard suffer :). I enjoy the game for its writing and the atmosphere of exploration and mystery. I really don't care about the combat in any tb game,it is all the same with a few differences. Making an optimized combat build is not that hard in such games.....for a person with enough rpg experience that is. Anyway i was just surprised that you see it that way.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom