Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Random JRPG News Thread

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
New of Romancing Saga 3 remaster in TGS:

https://gematsu.com/2019/08/romanci...final-adjustments-stage-news-set-for-tgs-2019

Final adjustments are currently being made with all parties concerned on the remastered version of Romancing SaGa 3, and more information will be announced at Tokyo Game Show 2019, which runs from September 12 to 15 at the Makuhari Messe in Chiba, Japan, Romancing SaGaseries director Akitoshi Kawazu said in a tweet.

Kawazu added that since they are aiming to keep it as close to the original as possible, there will not be any significant additions or changes as there was in something like Romancing SaGa: Minstrel Song.

Jinn

Arcane
New of Romancing Saga 3 remaster in TGS:

It's looking fantastic except for the UI and horrible font that seems to have carried over from Romancing SaGa 2. Square Enix really needs to stop copy-pasting its mobile games onto steam and expecting everyone to be fine with it. It's getting embarrassing.

Unfortunately, I am powerless to resist this release. Will be a day one purchase for me. Hopefully coming in the fall from the looks of it!

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Interesting level design, are they going for a dungeon crawler SRPG type deal this time? The maps look huge.

Was the first Rime Berta worth playing?

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
It looks very similar to the first game.

The first game was OK, it's a tight game with enough classes and skills including reaction skills. Its AP system is good. The map don't feel particularly varied and you can change class (there's a tree) but I thought that past the first one it was impossible to fulfill the requirements so I just recruited some new characters with the above class when available (you recruit one enemy at the end of each fight I guess, I can't remember for sure) which is a bit less fun than your characters directly evolving .

It's not FFT and when it was released there were not a lot of such games available on PC and, if I have not played them, I don't doubt many of the PC japanese style SRPGs released in the meanwhile are more complex games than it but if you want a short experience (less than 10 hours) I would still recommend it quite a bit.

Also I love the OST, it's one of the ones I listen to once in a while :

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
:shredder:

http://www.classification.gov.au/Pa...%2fDeYJKBK1DSArUh9sAKFd1qawLmVA0tWHsHBG9lWpXU

Hopefully, its release is closer than we think.
clear.png
clear.png
Here's some music from the game for further hype.

clear.png

Hyperion

Arcane
more surprised it seems switch exclusive
Switch seems to be getting everything. If it's not exclusive it'll be timed, like Octochad. Nintendo dominating everyone this generation. Will make potentially skipping ps5 since Sony's move to California is a sign of the cucking with DMC5 far sweeter if the samurai continue with PC ports / initial releases.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
PS4 and Switch. Not sure about PC, but they have been releasing a lot of other remasters/remakes before. Maybe later?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom