Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Guilty Pleasures (Games) Codex Would Ban You for Playing

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So post stuff here that you have played - or are currently playing - that should get you banned from such a prestigious forum. I'll start:

I'm playing the original Battlefront 1 & 2 games (not the latest shit from EA) and 2 is especially awesome.

Watch some fucking moderator actually ban me now;)

Daemongar

Arcane
Codex Year of the Donut
I'm playing Star Stable on my own, I wasn't forced to do it. It's really weird, I'm a grown man and most of the people playing are young ladies. Well, I say, what the "hay"! We all love horses! Also, I have to pretend to be a young lady myself so they don't get "weirded out". You know what I say? You don't have to have a flat chest, be enrolled in 8th grade, and not have a penis to be a little girl! You just need to have the courage to be yourself!

karoliner

Arcane
Vatnik
Things like this:
ijyneq.jpg

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Despite agreeing they're flawed I still put a fuckton of hours into Fallout 3 and 4. I just love the franchise and setting too much, and enjoy long range sneaky FPS combat. Skyrim is also pretty fun, despite how shallow it is. Oblivion was unplayable trash though.

I think FPS games went through a dark period of shit after Call of Duty Xbox time, but they've recovered somewhat and I've enjoyed more recent ones like Wolfenstein: The New Order, Doom 2016, Bulletstorm, Bioshock Infinite, etc. I also like the modern immersive sims a LOT, the Deus Ex reboots, Dishonoreds, etc.

Swigen

Arbiter
I liek Neon Genesis Evangelion. Also, know what else? I like this song...

And I don’t care if that makes me “gay” or “queer”, I don’t care whatchu all think! I’m gonna listen to it when I drive and ponder the relationship Shinji has with his father, Rei, Misato and Asuka. I’m gonna think about how much easier life would be if we all just listened to one another and realized what a beeeeaaaauuuuuutiful wor-orld we all live in!!

Wyatt_Derp

Arcane
This is a stupid thread. The codex doesn’t have a consensus.

If there is, it is but one.

DECLINE is real. In boardrooms, arenas, and back alleys, at one time or another, we have all had to dance with the devil decline by the pale moonlight.

Guilty game pleasures that the Codex would skin and gut me for... hmmm...

Space engine, because apparently it's not a game.
Brutal Doom/Project Brutality, because it seems to be soiling the pure essence that is/was original Doom.
Any kind of sci-fi space opera like Mass Effect, because it's gay and yadda-yadda fuck EA.
Paradox games. They're often over-priced, DLC loaded, barely working pieces of shit, but I'm a strategy nerd, so I have to take what I can get.
My RPG preference isn't relegated to only 90s isometric games. Though I admit anything past 2010 or so is usually trash.

Not bad. I'd say overall I keep a decent batting average by Codex standards.

thesecret1

Arcane
I often turn off game music because hearing the same soundtrack over and over gets tiring, and instead listen to nightcore. Sometimes I mix it up with some vocaloids or Touhou fan songs. Now, it's true that entering the deep, dark reaches of Underrail with this playing, or asking myself "What can change the nature of a man?" while my ears are filled with computerized japnese electro music takes some of the atmosphere away, on the other hand even the more boring passages of the game become a lot more enjoyable

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
This is a stupid thread. The codex doesn’t have a consensus.

"The Codex" does not act as a PERSON. Listen to Mustawd !

What games would Chippy ban other posters for confessing to enjoy?

Does Chippy believe "The Codex" to be their blog? How many individuals conspire together and post as a single Chippy?

I am a straight, Christian, white and male (SCW +m) and I am too privileged in my own opinion to have to associate with anyone else to support what I already know to be true. You might even say I am my own Codex.
This also makes me immune to the fascism of anyone assuming some games are superior to others.

Edit: the m isn't a capital...because when I did that it became a parrot.

Falksi

Arcane
Assasins Creed: Origins

It's a trash, repetitive sandbox game which in no way resembles an RPG.

But it's just fucking fun. I should be well bored of doing the same shit over & over, yet I'm not. It's like what The Witcher 3 attempted to do, but with better gameplay & a more interesting world.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom