Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Death Stranding Director's Cut - Kojima's post-apocalyptic deliveryman simulator

bertram_tung

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
This little thing popped up: https://boards.4channel.org/v//thread/472851072/metal-gear-solid-5-demon-edition-gamescom-leak It's a few weeks away, so not long till we can verify it.

This is posted on one 4chan archived post and nowhere else. It's bullshit.

A similar post spoiled the entirety of Star Wars: The Last Jedi more than a month before release. Every season of Game of Thrones since 4 or 5 has also been spoiled on 4chan. There are many more examples of such.

And there are far more cases of it being total bullshit to bait you. Getting Keifer Sutherland out of the game and re-casting him as Richard Doyle to "win back western audiences"? Not even a believable troll.

Also stop triple posting you fucking queer.

Edit- looks like his posts were deleted, so much for "Make Me" :shittydog:

Last edited:

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I would welcome a finished game which were made more coherent, but I can't trust Konami not fucking it up, both story and gameplay wise.

What do you mean, this is Konami trying to unfuck Kojima's fuck up.
But the result will be an even bigger fuck up. It's Konami!
They understand more about games than Kojima.
I'm sure they do. That's why they ran all their franchises to the ground and work on Pachinco machines.

Tehdagah

Arcane
I would welcome a finished game which were made more coherent, but I can't trust Konami not fucking it up, both story and gameplay wise.

What do you mean, this is Konami trying to unfuck Kojima's fuck up.
But the result will be an even bigger fuck up. It's Konami!
They understand more about games than Kojima.
I'm sure they do. That's why they ran all their franchises to the ground and work on Pachinco machines.
Most of their profit come from games. Pro Evolution Soccer and Yu Gi Oh are big.

https://wccftech.com/konami-has-a-record-breaking-year/

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I was thinking Konami was actually was done with actually making games and wanted to focus on their other activities ?

Modron

Arcane
I was thinking Konami was actually was done with actually making games and wanted to focus on their other activities ?
Guess those pachinko machines ain't doing so good.
I don't know pachinko is big business see Vaarna's post here:
The craziest thing about Pachinko is how much money it makes. Did you know that as a franchise, Fist of the North Star has made more money than James Bond and The Simpsons? It's almost entirely through Pachinko machines. Neon Genesis Evangelion has a similar deal, huge piles of moolah from Pachinko.

Doesn't happen with a lot of franchises on that sort of massive scale where it's more than 10 billion dollars, but Pachinko is basically this scene played to hardcore mode (and sometimes with gangsters):

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Yea, it could just be that Konami's finding out that you don't get to make yen hand over fist if you aren't Fist of the North Star. Given how it is, I'd actually figure that Pachinko is probably a pretty cutthroat business altogether. It may be a hundreds of billions of dollars industry (Pachinko is the biggest gambling industry in the world, it beats out Las Vegas, Singapore, and Macao gambling industry COMBINED), but you can bet it's a dog-eat-dog hellscape even without the yakuza involved.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane

Lol. The reason for Phantom Pain's final state is because Kojima wanted it to be an unfinished incoherent mess. That's why Konami gave him the boot

The craziest thing about Pachinko is how much money it makes. Did you know that as a franchise, Fist of the North Star has made more money than James Bond and The Simpsons? It's almost entirely through Pachinko machines. Neon Genesis Evangelion has a similar deal, huge piles of moolah from Pachinko.

Meh. that's nothing new. Around 70% of Pokemon's profits come from merchandising. So those Pikachu plushies and t-shirts literraly sell 2x more money than all the videogames, card games and animes about Pokemon (i.e. the actual medium that made the franchise famous).

What's funny is that Pokemon is one of the most successful entertainment products ever (they grossed around 90 billion dorras - more that Star Wars), and it's because of that reason they don't make good games anymore. Think about it, with all that money they could make a product that would put even Red Dead Redemption to shame, but why are they going to bother with that when they can just stick with the little cicle they created and still profit as much or even more. The only reason they keep doing the games and anime is just to keep the merchandising machine well oiled and running at full speed.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

Lol. The reason for Phantom Pain's final state is because Kojima wanted it to be an unfinished incoherent mess. That's why Konami gave him the boot
Forget what Kojima did, that's not the point here. The question is that do you really believe that the current Konami, which didn't a produce a good game in a decade can actually create a good videogame? I thought not.

Volokard

Novice
I think it looks awesome. Just from the trailers, it's confusing... what the game's actually about, but in a good way. If something is interesting enough without spoiling everything it has to offer, a lot of effort was put into it.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I like weird shit. Kojima constantly delivers in that department. If it comes on PC, it's Day One purchase for me.

Gaming still doesn't have David Lynch, but at least we have that japanese guy.

Unwanted

†††

Patron
Gaming still doesn't have David Lynch
sweetie...

Deadly-Premonition-coffee.png

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Being a Sony exclusive is enough to make that impossible. And even if it wasn't I doubt Kojimbo would port it for PC. He has never had any interest in the platform and always preferred making gimmicks around console's hardware

Egosphere

Arcane
I like weird shit. Kojima constantly delivers in that department. If it comes on PC, it's Day One purchase for me.

Gaming still doesn't have David Lynch, but at least we have that japanese guy.

Team Silent was David Lynch. And thank fuck Kojima isn't touching their series.

Egosphere

Arcane
btw was Auraculum banned or something? All of his posts from the previous page are gone.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom