Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Gamescom 2019 - Official Codex Thread - August 19th-24th - Press Conferences, Trailers & Interviews

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
This year there's a fancy new opening night show with Geoff Keighley, plus another Google Stadia event.

https://live.nintendo.com
https://www.twitch.tv/nintendo

Nintendo Indie World conference times - Monday, August 19
  • UK: 2pm (BST)
  • Europe: 3pm (CEST)
  • East Coast US: 9am (EDT)
  • West Coast US: 6am (PDT)
  • Australia: 11pm (AEST, Sunday 18th)

https://www.twitch.tv/xbox

Inside Xbox gamescom 2019 conference times - Monday, August 19
  • UK: 4pm (BST)
  • Europe: 5pm (CEST)
  • East Coast US: 11pm (EDT)
  • West Coast US: 8am (PDT)
  • Australia: 1am (AEST)

Google Stadia Connect gamescom 2019 conference times - Monday, August 19
  • UK: 6pm (BST)
  • Europe: 7pm (CEST)
  • East Coast US: 1pm (EDT)
  • West Coast US: 10am (PDT)
  • Australia: 3am (AEST)

https://www.gamescom.global
https://www.twitch.tv/gamescom

Gamescom Opening Night Live conference times - Monday, August 19
  • UK: 7pm (BST)
  • Europe: 8pm (CEST)
  • East Coast US: 2pm (EDT)
  • West Coast US: 11am (PDT)
  • Australia: 4am (AEST)

Last edited:

deuxhero

Arcane
I suspect "new content" for most of them will be a trailer for known projects. Can't be worse than E3 though.

Horton

Educated
Just give me release date for Biomutant, and show me Age of Empires 4, and I'll be plenty happy.

If we get something extra, like a new Dragon Age trailer or smth, that'll just be icing on the cake.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
INDUSTRY
Ubisoft announces Gamescom 2019 lineup
Watch Dogs: Legion, Ghost Recon Breakpoint, and more.

Sal RomanoAug 7, 2019 at 12:06 PM EDT90
Ubisoft-Gamescom_08-07-19.jpg

Ubisoft has announced its lineup for Gamescom 2019, which runs from August 20 to 24 at the Koelnmesse in Cologne, Germany.

The company’s lineup is as follows:

Playable

• Ghost Recon Breakpoint (PS4, Xbox One, PC)
  • Rainbow Six Siege (PS4, Xbox One, PC) – Latest Content
  • Roller Champions (PC)
Theater Demonstrations

• Brawlhalla (PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC) – Latest Content
  • Just Dance 2020 (PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC) – Latest Content
  • Trials Rising (PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC) – Latest Content
  • Watch Dogs: Legion (PS4, Xbox One, PC)
“Gamescom is a celebration of games and gamers that Ubisoft is always happy to be a part of.,” Ubisoft EMEA executive director Alain Corre said in a press release. “This year, players will have the opportunity to interact with our teams and get a first look into the future of technologies such as streaming and the impact they will have on our industry. It’s an exciting moment, not only for us as creators, but also for players to discover more about the experiences we are developing.”

Watch Ubisoft’s Gamescom 2019 promotional video below.

INDUSTRY
Modus Games announces Gamescom 2019 lineup, including two unannounced titles
Also Ary and the Secret of Seasons, Cris Tales, and Trine 4.

Sal RomanoAug 7, 2019 at 9:18 AM EDT30
Modus-Gamescom_08-07-19.jpg

Modus Games has announced its lineup for Gamescom 2019, which runs from August 20 to 24 at the Koelnmesse in Cologne, Germany.

Get the details below.

Ary and the Secret of Seasons (PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC) – eXiin

Ary and the Secret of Seasons joins players with Ary, a young girl with the power to bend seasons of weather to her will. With a mysterious force hurling her world into chaos, Ary sets out to find a solution, wielding her unique ability to defeat enemies, solve environmental puzzles, and explore new regions of a vibrant but troubled world.

Cris Tales (PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC) – Dreams Uncorporated, SYCK

Cris Tales follows a young girl’s adventure through a lush world as her actions ripple through time to influence both past and future. With exploration and turn-based combat taking place across past, present, and future simultaneously, this tribute to the golden age of JRPGs is an ambitious elevation of a classic genre’s storytelling themes and combat.

Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince (PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC) – Frozenbyte

The return of the adored co-operative puzzle-platforming adventure series, Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince weaves re-imagined puzzles with overhauled combat for the series’ boldest adventure yet, while also introducing series firsts like four-player multiplayer. Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince hones in on the essence of what makes Trine games fun for everyone and brings its fantastical world to new heights.

Unannounced Game #1

Roll through [REDACTED] while you make and break all sorts of [REDACTED] each customized [REDACTED] endless fun!

Unannounced Game #2

[REDACTED] cult classic horror series’ return, checking players back into the unsettling [REDACTED]. Patrons will need to utilize stealth and resourcefulness as they explore their home away from home, uncovering dark secrets as they meet [REDACTED] many guests and dangers.

INDUSTRY
Square Enix announces Gamescom 2019 lineup
Final Fantasy VII Remake, Marvel's Avengers, Trials of Mana, and more playable.

Sal RomanoAug 7, 2019 at 7:49 AM EDT340
SQEX-Gamescom_08-07-19.jpg

Square Enix has announced its lineup for Gamescom 2019, which runs from August 20 to 24 at the Koelnmesse in Cologne, Germany.

Get the details below.

Final Fantasy VII Remake (PS4)

For the first time in Europe, visitors will experience the highly anticipated Final Fantasy VII Remake, with a hands-on demo showcasing the reimagining of the iconic original game that redefined the RPG genre. Across 72 stations, show attendees will get their first look at the game before its release on March 3, 2020.

Final Fantasy XIV Online (PS4, PC)

Critically-acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV Online returns to Gamescom, with a booth powered by Acer latest Predator gaming hardware to maximise everyone’s gaming experience. Intense challenges, great prizes and an exclusive program of stage shows with the makers of the game including Producer and Director Naoki Yoshida, and Main Scenario Writer and World Lore Creator Banri Oda will be taking place throughout the week, all culminating in a big cosplay competition on Friday, August 23. Finally, the largest Final Fantasy XIV Online Fan Gathering to ever take place in Germany is set to shake Cologne on the evening of Friday, August 23. More information on how to attend can be found here.

Kingdom Hearts III (PS4, Xbox One)

The playable demo for Kingdom Hearts III as seen in the release of the game earlier this year.

Life is Strange 2: Episode 4 ‘Faith’ (PS4, Xbox One, PC)

Life is Strange 2: Episode 4 ‘Faith’ debuts at Gamescom 2019. Experience the trailer for the riveting next chapter in the Diaz brothers’ journey towards a new life in Mexico, as the story reaches its most thrilling and complex entry yet. The second season of the award-winning franchise from Square Enix External Studios and the Life is Strange team at Dontnod Entertainment, continues on August 22, 2019.

Marvel’s Avengers (PS4, Xbox One, PC, Stadia)

In a worldwide first, fans at Gamescom 2019 will play a hands-on demo for Marvel’s Avengers! Gamers at the Square Enix booth will battle as Captain America, Iron Man, the Hulk, Black Widow, and Thor experiencing the preliminary incident of this original Avengers story, launching on May 15, 2020.

Trials of Mana (PS4, Switch, PC)

Trials of Mana, the latest title in the revered Mana series and full remake of the RPG classic, will make its global debut at the show with a brand-new playable demo. Entirely rebuilt and revamped with action RPG battle, leveling, and skill systems as well as modern 3D graphics, attendees can check out an early section of the game, playing as just some of the memorable characters that the full game will offer when it launches in early 2020.

Other

The Square Enix booth will also offer a sneak peek at merchandise prototypes for the upcoming Final Fantasy VII Remake, as well as an open demo space for visitors to try out the latest Square Enix Products board games.

INDUSTRY
Sega announces Gamescom 2019 lineup, including unannounced AAA title
Plus Catherine: Full Body, Two Point Hospital, and Sega Genesis Mini.

Sal RomanoAug 6, 2019 at 10:32 AM EDT981
Sega-Gamescom_08-06-19.jpg

Sega has announced its lineup for Gamescom 2019, which runs from August 20 to 24 at the Koelnmesse in Cologne, Germany.

Get the details below.

Unannounced AAA Title

Visitors will be treated to a first-hand look at an all-new AAA game that has yet to be revealed to the public.

Catherine: Full Body (PS4)

Players will get the chance to try the demo which contains cutscenes that provide context to the title’s complex and nuanced narrative. Plus, there will be a playable segment from early in the game, which showcases several gameplay features; such as a variety of puzzles, character interaction / development and more.

Two Point Hospital (PS4, Xbox One, Switch)

The ultimate management sim where you play the role of hospital administrator who must build, cure, and improve in an ever-changing and atypical healthcare environment. Visitors to the stand will be the first in the world to experience Two Point Hospital on consoles by completing the first chapter.

Sega Genesis Mini / Mega Drive Mini

Available to visitors of the stand and all 42 games will be playable using a giant, fully functioning Sega Mega Drive controller! The nostalgic console includes some of the most popular games released by Sega including the much-loved Sonic the Hedgehog and the iconic Streets of Rage series. Other glorious titles included in the Sega Mega Drive Mini include Darius, Road Rash II, Virtua Fighter 2, Ghouls and Ghosts, Strider, Kid Chameleon, and many more.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Featuring
Gears 5- Horde Mode Debut
Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint – Multiplayer Reveal
Destiny 2: Shadowkeep - See what's Next
Empire of Sin – Gameplay Showcase

& over a dozen more GAMES, including:

PUBG
Battletoads
Age of Empires
Metro Exodus
Blair Witch
Vigor
Wasteland 3

Also featuring….
Xbox Game Pass News
Accessory Announcements

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

Join Geoff Keighley (The Game Awards) live at gamescom for Opening Night Live, a 2 hour showcase of upcoming games and announcements. With an appearance by Hideo Kojima, and world premiere content on Death Stranding, Gears 5, Predator: Hunting Grounds, Call of Duty Modern Warfare, Need for Speed Heat, Borderlands 3, and more to be announced.

Zzzz.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014

Likely SEGA's "all-new AAA game" that will be announced at Gamescom.

Not Creative Assembly's sci-fi FPS, according to their community manager.

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
There's a Nintendo indie games thing on August 19th as well. Not actually a Gamescom event, but I added it to the OP anyway.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Gamescom Award nominees: https://www.gamescom.global/events-and-congresses/for-all/gamescom-award/gamescom-award-2.php

Best Action Adventure Game
  • Blacksad: Under the Skin, astragon Entertainment
  • Concrete Genie , Sony Interactive Entertainment
  • The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, Nintendo
Best Action Game
  • Borderlands 3, 2K
  • DOOM Eternal, ZeniMax Germany
  • Marvel’s Avengers, Square Enix
Best Family Game
  • Concrete Genie, Sony Interactive Entertainment
  • Dreams, Sony Interactive Entertainment
  • Luigi's Mansion 3, Nintendo
Best Racing Game
  • Grid, Koch Media
  • Hot Wheels Infinite Loop, Mattel
  • Need for Speed Heat, Electronic Arts
Best Role Playing Game
  • Final Fantasy VII Remake, Square Enix
  • Pokémon Schwert und Pokémon Schild, Nintendo
  • Wasteland 3, Koch Media
Best Simulation Game
  • Barotrauma, Daedalic Entertainment
  • NBA 2K20, 2K
  • Planet Zoo, Frontier
Best Sports Game
  • EA SPORTS FIFA 20, Electronic Arts
  • eFootball PES 2020, Konami
  • Roller Champions, Ubisoft
Best Strategy Game
  • Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition, Microsoft
  • Desperados III, THQ Nordic
  • Foundation, Polymorph Games
Most Original Game
  • Felix The Reaper, Daedalic Entertainment
Best Microsoft Xbox One Game
  • Bleeding Edge, Microsoft
  • Borderlands 3, 2K
  • Gears 5 , Microsoft
Best Nintendo Switch Game
  • Luigi's Mansion 3, Nintendo
  • Pokémon Schwert und Pokémon Schild, Nintendo
  • The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, Nintendo
Best Sony PlayStation 4 Game
  • Final Fantasy VII Remake, Square Enix
Best Mobile Game
  • Battle Chasers: Nightwar - Mobile Edition, HandyGames
  • Hot Wheels Infinite Loop, Mattel
  • Lock's Quest, HandyGames
Best PC Game
  • Borderlands 3, 2K
  • DOOM Eternal, ZeniMax Germany
  • Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint, Ubisoft

DeepOcean

Arcane

Wot? A publisher which most releases I'm curious to test? What miracle is this?Sega, 1C and THQ are the really only ones I'm interested, EA, Activision, 2k and Ubisoft can rot in hell, they can take their dlc, microtransactions, loot boxes and live wasting services and shove it right on that special place.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom