Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Blizzard announced "Classic" World of Warcraft

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
You keep repeating that comment about DKs, as if it helps your dubious statements, but without elaboration it works against you. It reads like this: "that system you can't see in the game anymore was the same as this system that was never implemented 5 years prior, therefore..."

You stack debuffs and unleash it all in one massive hit. It was 1 on 1 copy of DK for WotLK with a little more variation. Their Blood talent tree originally was also almoust carbon copy of Retri Paladins but with evil things as names instead of good things. Crusader Strike-Holy Strike was a simplistic system but that's why you had other abilities to accentuate it like the forementioned original Seals that did let you play as melee SUPPORT and you weren't a victim of unsustainable burst lottery.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
I'd change realms if I was you unless you really want to partake in the idotic edgelord memefest. Having encountered 4chan guilds on private servers, I'm very happy that they are mostly concentrated in the US and not in the EU.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
The main guilds I am following are going Whitemane Alliance. Plus, the alternative is Herod, which is going to be packed.

I can handle memers, I just can't handle streamers.

Beastro

Arcane
Contacting Blizz doesn't seem to be working out.

My old keys are in another name and nothing else about my information seem to be panning out. I'll try recovering my old email, but I think it got deleted once I lost the internet in the same event that cut my return to WoW for TBC short.

I did give my infos to a buddy to try WoW with my account, but talking to him now he said he didn't touch the infos at all or use a pseudonym (they didn't recognize his name when I asked).

To top it all off, the chat window talking to them keeps bugging out. refreshed and cut me from entering text twice then now just pops in and our before finally finishing submitting a new ticket.

Sucks, would have been neat to look at my old guy again and play the same old account, but that's no biggie I guess, just have to make a new account.

Edit, a GM thought they found the account, ask for a pic of my ID. I could attach it through the chat window so went to sent it over the ticket and accidently hit the ticket window button reloading the page and lcosing the chat window....

I'll try again on Friday when I'm free.

Last edited:

Beastro

Arcane
Looks like someone found it!

What's a good race/class to go with?

I was really annoyed at how they fucked with Shamans and wouldn't want to return to that crap again even if I still love the class.

My immidiate thoughts would be Tauren Druid or a Undead/Troll mage or priest. The toss up would actually be how they handle mounts and if I could get that sweet albino raptor the trolls get as I'm quite sick of Taurens.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
You can't get the albino raptor as Tauren because there aren't enough quests to get sufficient Darkspear rep until the old mounts are replaced with the new mounts. But there is, of course, the ZG raptor mount, which is quite sweet as well.

Aside from mounts, when it comes to race/class, if you're going Horde, it really does not matter unless you're going to go super hardcore min/maxer and want to push meters and raid performance to the max. There's going to be million UD because Will of the Forsaken is really good in PvP so a lot of people pick them without giving the other races a second thought, even though they are good as well.

For mage/priest specifically, for PvE it's troll (due to Berserking) and for PvP it's undead (due to Will of Forsaken), though once again, trolls can be beasts in PvP and UD do perfectly fine in PvE. It depends a lot more on your gear and player skill.

Beastro

Arcane
I know that, I'm speaking if it's going to be Classic like how I remember I'd rather be a Troll Shammy if only for the albino raptor than get the Teal Kodo again as a Tauren Shaman.

Looking up the removed mounts I see the Forsaken ones aren't there, did they not get removed?

I'm leaning more toward Mage but hate cloth gear. I wish Shamans weren't screwed.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Torn between undead rogue and orc rogue. Both look cool and have good racials. I'm leaning towards orc though because ud rogues will be a dime a dozen.

bloodlover

Arcane
Will anyone be playing on EU PVE server? Yes I know PVE LUL NOOB but I don't have the patience for STV gankfest and corpse running because some 60 was bored and decided to gank lowbies.

I've generally been a horde player but maybe, just maybe this time I'd consider making an ally. I didn't get into the game until wotlk so I'm excited to check out vanilla.

EDIT: New EU PVP realm just announced

https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/new-wow-classic-realm-coming/69910

Last edited:

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Will anyone be playing on EU PVE server? Yes I know PVE LUL NOOB but I don't have the patience for STV gankfest and corpse running because some 60 was bored and decided to gank lowbies.

I've generally been a horde player but maybe, just maybe this time I'd consider making an ally. I didn't get into the game until wotlk so I'm excited to check out vanilla.

EDIT: New EU PVP realm just announced

https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/new-wow-classic-realm-coming/69910
Come on, don't admit personal weaknesses, try to persevere instead. PVP and ganking is part of the game. You really wanna play on an empty server?

b17fa9d43b600cf245507c60a9e78917.png

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
As much as it might seem annoying, ganking and mass Ally vs Horde fight fests break up the monotony of killing mobs. When you get down to it, the leveling is really just doing something over and over again in a different environment, and you will start noticing that if nothing new ever happens. Trust me, most people don't have the patience for constant ganking and fight fests, so it's really not that big of a problem.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
While there's no honor system, I don't see any reason to kill anyone. Personally I won't engage anyone, it's just time lost on nothing.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
shit like this on the forums always cracks me up

8vgK7uM.jpg

Because "Mohawk" is so unique and outlandish no person alive could've chosen it first. Seriously, what is it with people making such a fuss about naming their characters when they don't even have some distinct name no one else would naturally come up with.

Gregz

Arcane
Gregz you think PVE servers will be busting with people? Why?

I wasn't :fake news:'ing about the server population, I was disagreeing with your declaration that the only way to have fun in WoW is on a PVP server. WoW has great production values, I enjoy relaxing and taking in the ambiance. When I want to PVP there are battlegrounds and city raids, when I don't want PVP I'm happy with the game as is. Getting ganked and corpsefucked by griefers is not an experience I would pay money for, I had enough of that shit on the private servers.

bloodlover

Arcane
I agree with Gregz on this one. For me WoW fun means exploring the world, doing dungeons with people and derping around with guildies.

I know PVP is part of the game but it's not fun when it's forced. And besides, there's no such thing as PVP when you get oneshot by a higher level or gangbanged by five people that are questing together.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Once people start obtaining blues and epics, then it will be one-sided. At release, however, everyone will have shit gear, which will make it an interesting slug match. Casters can go OOM, and warriors/rogues don’t have good weapons (yet).

Stranglethorn Vale will make Khorne proud.

bloodlover

Arcane
It won't take long before that happens though. Many will rush to 60 and get good gear.

I am actually thinking about waiting a few weeks before starting to play, maybe the areas will not be as crowded. I read that layering is supposed to fix some issues with crowded areas and there is some increased spawn rate in starter zones but it will probably still take ages to get away from the first zones. People were complaining about spammers and griefers during this last stress test so maybe there is a chance to partially avoid that.

Also, since I am a vanilla pleb, I have to ask: how are priests in vanilla? Checking out the internet everyone agrees that you level by killing mobs with your wand; that's does not sound that bad if I don't oom every two mobs. Endgame set items look great and they seem to be the de facto healers in general (at least until paladins get rolling).

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Wasting your life away for the SECOND time on this garbage in your short life.

Godspeed.

But I guess when you're a NEET, it doesn't matter anyway

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
It won't take long before that happens though. Many will rush to 60 and get good gear.

I am actually thinking about waiting a few weeks before starting to play, maybe the areas will not be as crowded. I read that layering is supposed to fix some issues with crowded areas and there is some increased spawn rate in starter zones but it will probably still take ages to get away from the first zones. People were complaining about spammers and griefers during this last stress test so maybe there is a chance to partially avoid that.

Also, since I am a vanilla pleb, I have to ask: how are priests in vanilla? Checking out the internet everyone agrees that you level by killing mobs with your wand; that's does not sound that bad if I don't oom every two mobs. Endgame set items look great and they seem to be the de facto healers in general (at least until paladins get rolling).
Personally, I think vanilla priests are one of the better classes in both PVE and PVP that are engaging. The last part is important, because there are plenty of classes that will earn a raid slot, but can be dull as hell (paladin, warlock). Priests have a great toolset of heals (single target, aoe, hots), dispel, mind control, mana burn, fear, and fear ward (dwarf priests only).

Unless blizzard fixed it, don’t forget that when you cast wand you can immediately follow up with a melee attack. You can alternate to beat down mobs faster. ....hopefully blizzard did not fix it. Incorrect information on my part.

Last edited:

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
If you intend to play on launch day and launch hour...

I just tested and you get disconnected after 29 minutes in char screen. So ideally log in 22 minutes before launch time and then just wait for the server to go up. Should get you in before the queue happens.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
I consider sitting in server queues and yelling at my screen to be a quintessential part of the vanilla experience.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom