Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What should be next for Underrail/Styg?

Egosphere

Arcane
He needs to fix the horrendous balancing in UR.
iseewhatyoudid.png

It is a game for authists that constantly try to minmax their ultra builds,balancing is the worst thing that could happen to this game. Tho he could fix his fucking defence skills.

Styg should be the first person to whom you tell this, his nerfbat is malfunctioning and hits the wrong things.
Oh i don't care about that,i cheat or mod shit that i don't like in the games i play. Let the tryhard suffer :). I enjoy the game for its writing and the atmosphere of exploration and mystery. I really don't care about the combat in any tb game,it is all the same with a few differences. Making an optimized combat build is not that hard in such games.....for a person with enough rpg experience that is. Anyway i was just surprised that you see it that way.

storyfag

:updatedmytxt:

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
iseewhatyoudid.png

It is a game for authists that constantly try to minmax their ultra builds,balancing is the worst thing that could happen to this game. Tho he could fix his fucking defence skills.

Styg should be the first person to whom you tell this, his nerfbat is malfunctioning and hits the wrong things.
Oh i don't care about that,i cheat or mod shit that i don't like in the games i play. Let the tryhard suffer :). I enjoy the game for its writing and the atmosphere of exploration and mystery. I really don't care about the combat in any tb game,it is all the same with a few differences. Making an optimized combat build is not that hard in such games.....for a person with enough rpg experience that is. Anyway i was just surprised that you see it that way.

storyfag

Bulgaria was a mistake.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
iseewhatyoudid.png

storyfag

And proud of it :smug:.

System

Educated
They should make a fantasy game based on Serbian mythology and epic folk poetry.

They should invest in improving their propriety technology to allow for infinite scalability and modularity. That way they can create an always-online DRM system that ties in with a marketplace to sell piecemeal content (or better yet paid mods). They should also have their own currency called Styx Coins or Stygian Charon or what have you. Whatever they call it they should take marketing advantage of the fact that in mythology, the River Styx boatman charges coins to get people across. I mean, it's clever right? That way they can sell less for more money. Nothing makes the capitalist pigs happier than having to pay more for less.

deama

Prophet
Become a hivemind mutation thing and control your own tchort and convert everyone.

CharacterNik

Novice
Shorter but more consistent game. Setting similar to Black Company. Party creation and full control. And of course bigger story orientation.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
north underrail dlc

It's the next logical step, yeah.

Underrail: Canada should probably be post-DC, avoid raising the level cap at all (perhaps a small adjustment to overall XP gain to allow for a few more meaningful Oddities; don't need to be level 30 to do DC), and be based heavily around factions, politics, and skullduggery rather than exterminating hordes of insects, arachnids, snakes, and crustaceans.

Let's not forget that Underrail: Pest Control came complete with bug bombs.

Anything with a non-standard setting. That's one of the best things about Underrail. It doesn't matter whether it's fantasy, science fiction, or historical, as long as it's not the same stale setting that all of the talentless hacks are aping.

Ramnozack

Cipher
Patron
I hope they keep the protag from underrail 1 in the sequel if they don’t finish up the story in the next expansion if they are making one.

Just explain away you losing your abilities by saying you bonked your head riding your jet ski north.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Psi dominates. Fighting carnivex is literally ezpc. Mind break > mania activate > psi attack. That took like 3/4 of HP. Then ice him > temporal distortion x5 > ded.

Holee shit.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Psi dominates. Fighting carnivex is literally ezpc. Mind break > mania activate > psi attack. That took like 3/4 of HP. Then ice him > temporal distortion x5 > ded.

Holee shit.

Sounds complicated. Here's a better method:

Custom built plasma pistol. Obvious feats and big-brain intelligence stat for increased damage.

Round 1: aimed shot. Four-figure crit damage, yet another gladiator brutalised.

The end

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
^ that post was meant for the main thread lol, but i am balls deep to psi build. i think i saw your screenshot with 1000+ damage with plasma pistol + aimed shot. apex, man.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom